View Poll Results: what is Marilyn Manson's type?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

4 14.81%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

5 18.52%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

6 22.22%
  • EIE (ENFj)

10 37.04%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

3 11.11%
  • LIE (ENTj)

1 3.70%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 3.70%
  • IEE (ENFp)

2 7.41%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Hybrid View

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    I don't believe in subtypes, but I guess he means that "if he is <this type>, than he is <this subtype>", because that's the only way he could fit that type (the way agape sees it). The same way one could say "if he is Ni, then he is Beta NF", for instance when one's personality betrays unvalued Te/Fi.

Consider that one can be certain of three type by excluding with confidence the other 5...
    Yeah, though that makes them justifications, not precise typings, and justification through subtyping is misguided. It should be fully feasible to type a person according to the main types.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Yeah, though that makes them justifications, not precise typings, and justification through subtyping is misguided. It should be fully feasible to type a person according to the main types.
    You are right, I'm sorry
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey pirate, I noticed your post because I was signed out on my friends computer. Usually I have you on ignore, and for a good reason. Just gotta say you're the person equating someone like Johnny Depp as similar or same type to Marilyn Manson. Until you read Jung and start making sense I might consider unblocking you.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Hey pirate, I noticed your post because I was signed out on my friends computer. Usually I have you on ignore, and for a good reason. Just gotta say you're the person equating someone like Johnny Depp as similar or same type to Marilyn Manson. Until you read Jung and start making sense I might consider unblocking you.
    Yes I see them as mirrors. You see Depp and Bob Dylan at the same type; if you are trying to draw out ridiculousness I say look no further than your own type lists. I have read Jung - unlike you I just don't ignore the 'socionics' part of socionics. At the very least, even if I am wrong(which I don't think I am), I am ready to debate it - and wouldn't ask someone to take my typing just because its 'really obvious lulz'.

You blocked me because I call you out on your BS and you don't want to actually have to explain yourself. But hey, I guess I have to give you credit for diverting my questions and not actually owning up to your overconfidence in your methods or explaining why it's even a halfway reasonable approach to typing. Always the same shit w you Poli.
    Last edited by thePirate; 01-08-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always been somewhat moot on Manson, but I lean towards ENTp. My reason is that although he fits some stereotypes of ENFj in his profession and style, he doesn't remind me of other ENFj's I've typed, whereas he does remind me of ENTp's I've typed (based on his interview appearances).

From Psychological Types, Introverted Thinking (Jung):

"In the case of a human object, the man has a distinct feeling that he matters only in a negative way, i.e., in milder instances he is merely conscious of being superfluous, but with a more extreme type he feels himself warded off as something definitely disturbing. This negative relation to the object-indifference, and even aversion-characterizes every introvert; it also makes a description of the introverted type in general extremely difficult. With him, everything tends to disappear and get concealed. His judgment appears cold, obstinate, arbitrary, and inconsiderate, simply because he is related less to the object than the subject. One can feel nothing in it that might possibly confer a higher value upon the object; it always seems to go beyond the object, leaving behind it a flavour of a certain subjective superiority. Courtesy, amiability, and friendliness may be present, but often with a particular quality suggesting a certain uneasiness, which betrays an ulterior aim, namely, the disarming of an opponent, who must at all costs be pacified and set at ease lest he prove a disturbing- element. In no sense, of course, is he an opponent, but, if at all sensitive, he will feel somewhat repelled, perhaps even depreciated. Invariably the object has to submit to a certain neglect; in worse cases it is even surrounded with quite unnecessary measures of precaution. Thus it happens that this type tends to disappear behind a cloud of misunderstanding, which only thickens the more he attempts to assume, by way of compensation and with the help of his inferior functions, a certain mask of urbanity, which often presents a most vivid contrast to his real nature. Although in the extension of his world of ideas he shrinks from no risk, however daring, and never even considers the possibility that such a world might also be dangerous, revolutionary, heretical, and wounding to feeling, he is none the less a prey to the liveliest anxiety, should it ever chance to become objectively real. That goes against the grain. When the time comes for him to transplant his ideas into the world, his is by no means the air of an anxious mother solicitous for her children's welfare; he merely exposes them, and is often extremely annoyed when they fail to thrive on their own account. The decided lack he usually displays in practical ability, and his aversion from any sort of reclame assist in this attitude."

Introverted thinking behavior that I see from the videos of Manson:

Consistent, underlying reserve and distancing despite occasional forays into childishness or little "shows". I see more uneasiness than relaxation, in the way which Jung speaks of. It's something I wouldn't have thought twice about skimming over it new to Socionics, but now I find the passage to be quite insightful. Fe dominant is not apparent, but tertiary Fe is, even to a stereotypical extent.

Question: Is he Rational or Irrational?
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The above poster is super gay.

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, Tom and I were just talking about the subway ride in NY . Good times man, glad to see some oldies here.

Thuper gay though.
    The end is nigh