Thread: ENTps in games and anime

Hybrid View

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not appreciate the accusation of "trolling." It's quite insulting.

As for Rinoa and Squall, I see entirely too much Fe in Rinoa for IEE (plus no Ne to speak of), and entirely too much Se in her for either IEE or ESE. In Squall, I see entirely too much Se and Ti and entirely too little Si and Te for SLI.

As for Zidane - same deal. An SLE can raise the emotional mood - ESEs being the only ones able to do that is a silly and ridiculous stereotype. I see Fe and Se in Zidane - I see too little Si.
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCuckooLander View Post
    I do not appreciate the accusation of "trolling." It's quite insulting.

As for Rinoa and Squall, I see entirely too much Fe in Rinoa for IEE (plus no Ne to speak of), and entirely too much Se in her for either IEE or ESE. In Squall, I see entirely too much Se and Ti and entirely too little Si and Te for SLI.

As for Zidane - same deal. An SLE can raise the emotional mood - ESEs being the only ones able to do that is a silly and ridiculous stereotype. I see Fe and Se in Zidane - I see too little Si.
    We've been through this before -- EM types exist which explain preponderances of element usage in spite of what would be expected by the IM function ordering. What matters is not the elements which they use, but the elements they attempt to affect and the reasons for trying.

I will label people according to their apparent behaviors (and attitudes).

Your mistake is that you aren't looking at how the functions are used, only trying to intuit the predominance of one's element's appearance in speech. Information aspect semantics alone don't work because EM types exist.

Mirage Koan - Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Another ILE-C
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 12-22-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCuckooLander View Post
    It's not about what SLEs can or can not do, Zidane fits the role of an ESE. Assuming he's acting out of his ego elements, time and time again all through the story he's there to pick Vivi and Garnet up with some story or other. He's hands-on manipulating their Fe. He's the cheerleader, that is his most prominent role in the story.

His relationship with Garnet as well is this very tender kind of bordering friendship/romance. I don't see any SLE doing that.

The above and his relaxed attitude are sign enough for Si, I don't really see how you can say that he has "too little Si".

There's another critical flaw in your argument in that you assume the HA to be capable of things it is not, and to be able to act in ways it does not. You cannot argue that an SLE with Fe HA has more Fe than Si. That is Socionics nonsense, mathematically an analogy would be that 3 > 5.

Mmkay?

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    It's not about what SLEs can or can not do, Zidane fits the role of an ESE. Assuming he's acting out of his ego elements, time and time again all through the story he's there to pick Vivi and Garnet up with some story or other. He's hands-on manipulating their Fe. He's the cheerleader, that is his most prominent role in the story.

His relationship with Garnet as well is this very tender kind of bordering friendship/romance. I don't see any SLE doing that.

The above and his relaxed attitude are sign enough for Si, I don't really see how you can say that he has "too little Si".

There's another critical flaw in your argument in that you assume the HA to be capable of things it is not, and to be able to act in ways it does not. You cannot argue that an SLE with Fe HA has more Fe than Si. That is Socionics nonsense, mathematically an analogy would be that 3 > 5.

Mmkay?
    SLEs can be quite tender with their duals. And while an SLE has less Fe than Si, he or she would value Fe more, and thus make more of an effort to use Fe.

Additionally, I don't see a relaxed attitude in Zidane at all. I see someone constantly driven to make an immediate impact on situations arising around him - very Se. He's the risk-taker, the impulsive brigand. If he's not SLE, then he's most certainly EIE.
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)