Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTps in games and anime

This shouldn't be hard. If ESFJs are the rarest figures in Japanese culture, ENTPs and ENFJs are the most common. (though INTJs do seem to feature in every episode of every anime!)

First up, I believe Garnet Til Alexandros of FF9 to be an ENTP. (the other option is INTJ, but I'm really not seeing it)

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Garnet was IEI, with her relationship with Zidane being IEI-SLE duality - she was essentially an Aeris (IEI) or a more subdued Rinoa, Rinoa and Squall being EIE-LSI duality.

A better example of an ILE in anime is Konata Izumi from Lucky Star. In video games, I think Lucca from Chrono Trigger fits quite nicely.
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Urahara Kisuke from Bleach
    Merciful Goddess from Saiyuki (mostly a guess)
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Urahara Kisuke from Bleach
    Oh yes, Kisuke is a brilliant example of an ILE. Kudos for that pick.

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankee.
    ------------

Yutaka Watari from Descendants of Darkness (possibly)
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally disagree about Zidane being SLE. He's way too light hearted to be a T.

Agree about Lucca. C subtype, yes?

Or would you say a D?

Bird Studio style is not effective for VI purposes. So instead...

http://kagerostudios.b1.jcink.com/in...=0&#entry76648

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCuckooLander View Post
    I think Garnet was IEI, with her relationship with Zidane being IEI-SLE duality - she was essentially an Aeris (IEI) or a more subdued Rinoa, Rinoa and Squall being EIE-LSI duality.
    You're wrong about Squall and Rinoa. Rinoa is certifiably ESE -- the uneven lip, let alone the damn enjoyment factor, are absolute ESE indicators. Squall is LSE... it's been debated on these forums to death: a "workaholic SeeD." Workaholic = LSE.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    You're wrong about Squall and Rinoa. Rinoa is certifiably ESE -- the uneven lip, let alone the damn enjoyment factor, are absolute ESE indicators. Squall is LSE... it's been debated on these forums to death: a "workaholic SeeD." Workaholic = LSE.
    EIEs have just as much Fe as ESEs, explaining the "enjoyment factor." She also seems to have Se-HA, showing occasional signs of demand for immediate action which she usually gets by pressuring Squall in a manner common of EIEs.

Squall is nowhere near mobile or energetic enough for EJ temperament - he's practically an IJ stereotype, calm and mellow but internally strained and conflicted. He's likewise an introverted stereotype - he's nigh-mute, and seems to get no enjoyment out of any sort of social interaction. He also seems to display Se rather than Si, being prone to occasional impulsive bursts and mobilization of authority (which Rinoa seems attracted to, further pointing to EIE for her). As for LSIs not being nearly as much workaholics as LSEs, you evidently don't know very many LSIs.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bah, he just thinks she's ESE because he wants to 'dualize' with her, if you know what I mean...
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Bah, he just thinks she's ESE because he wants to 'dualize' with her, if you know what I mean...
    Well, too bad for him. I claimed her when I was 10 or 11! My first, and thankfully only, video game crush.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two more ILEs, basically the same character in two separate circumstances:

Radical Edward Wong Hau Pepulu Tivruskii IV (I love that name) from Cowboy Bebop, and Kaolla Su from Love Hina.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I was thinking of Edward.

But either of them are too young to be decent VI. And their features are rather indistinct.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Einstein clone for the ILE-D department (he is not a C!).

...Wily looks like Einstein. Let's just leave it at that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not appreciate the accusation of "trolling." It's quite insulting.

As for Rinoa and Squall, I see entirely too much Fe in Rinoa for IEE (plus no Ne to speak of), and entirely too much Se in her for either IEE or ESE. In Squall, I see entirely too much Se and Ti and entirely too little Si and Te for SLI.

As for Zidane - same deal. An SLE can raise the emotional mood - ESEs being the only ones able to do that is a silly and ridiculous stereotype. I see Fe and Se in Zidane - I see too little Si.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not appreciate the accusation of "trolling." It's quite insulting.

As for Rinoa and Squall, I see entirely too much Fe in Rinoa for IEE (plus no Ne to speak of), and entirely too much Se in her for either IEE or ESE. In Squall, I see entirely too much Se and Ti and entirely too little Si and Te for SLI.

As for Zidane - same deal. An SLE can raise the emotional mood - ESEs being the only ones able to do that is a silly and ridiculous stereotype. I see Fe and Se in Zidane - I see too little Si.
    We've been through this before -- EM types exist which explain preponderances of element usage in spite of what would be expected by the IM function ordering. What matters is not the elements which they use, but the elements they attempt to affect and the reasons for trying.

I will label people according to their apparent behaviors (and attitudes).

Your mistake is that you aren't looking at how the functions are used, only trying to intuit the predominance of one's element's appearance in speech. Information aspect semantics alone don't work because EM types exist.

Mirage Koan - Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Another ILE-C
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 12-22-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Creepy-male

It's not about what SLEs can or can not do, Zidane fits the role of an ESE. Assuming he's acting out of his ego elements, time and time again all through the story he's there to pick Vivi and Garnet up with some story or other. He's hands-on manipulating their Fe. He's the cheerleader, that is his most prominent role in the story.

His relationship with Garnet as well is this very tender kind of bordering friendship/romance. I don't see any SLE doing that.

The above and his relaxed attitude are sign enough for Si, I don't really see how you can say that he has "too little Si".

There's another critical flaw in your argument in that you assume the HA to be capable of things it is not, and to be able to act in ways it does not. You cannot argue that an SLE with Fe HA has more Fe than Si. That is Socionics nonsense, mathematically an analogy would be that 3 > 5.

Mmkay?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    It's not about what SLEs can or can not do, Zidane fits the role of an ESE. Assuming he's acting out of his ego elements, time and time again all through the story he's there to pick Vivi and Garnet up with some story or other. He's hands-on manipulating their Fe. He's the cheerleader, that is his most prominent role in the story.

His relationship with Garnet as well is this very tender kind of bordering friendship/romance. I don't see any SLE doing that.

The above and his relaxed attitude are sign enough for Si, I don't really see how you can say that he has "too little Si".

There's another critical flaw in your argument in that you assume the HA to be capable of things it is not, and to be able to act in ways it does not. You cannot argue that an SLE with Fe HA has more Fe than Si. That is Socionics nonsense, mathematically an analogy would be that 3 > 5.

Mmkay?
    SLEs can be quite tender with their duals. And while an SLE has less Fe than Si, he or she would value Fe more, and thus make more of an effort to use Fe.

Additionally, I don't see a relaxed attitude in Zidane at all. I see someone constantly driven to make an immediate impact on situations arising around him - very Se. He's the risk-taker, the impulsive brigand. If he's not SLE, then he's most certainly EIE.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with ILE for Lucca.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by para; 06-10-2019 at 09:49 PM.