Hybrid View

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Begoner View Post
    If a friend were to say to me, "I torture cute kittens in my spare time", such a statement would have nothing to do with our relationship. Nonetheless, I would treat them differently, since I would not wish to be friends with someone who engages in seriously unethical practices. While nothing would have come between us, I think it's important to let people know that such behavior is unacceptable; hopefully, it might induce them to alter their outlook, something which maintaining the status quo cannot achieve. Of course, the decision is seldom a logical consideration; that someone acts immorally is enough for me to find them less likable, whether or not they act immorally towards me or towards other people. Since a relationship with someone is largely based on mutual liking, this can have consequences for a relationship.
    If they could deliver that with a straight face, I'd personally be cracking up.

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    If they could deliver that with a straight face, I'd personally be cracking up.
    I mean if the person actually loved going Abu Ghraib on kittens, not if he had a deadpan sense of humor; I'd also find it funny if it were a nonchalantly-said joke.