View Poll Results: Would you define yourself as liberal or conservative?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberal

10 41.67%
  • Conservative

4 16.67%
  • Unsure or Neither

10 41.67%

Thread: Liberal or Conservative?

Threaded View

Creepy-male

M - 24 - Texas

I'm neither, I can see flaws in both ideological bases and therefore I do not subscribe to them.

My political views usually consist of a number of discrete observations on society that I consider to be profound, insightful and useful in informing my opinions on the issues. Sometimes those observations are line with the liberals, and sometimes with the conservatives, but they've never matched up absolutely with either.

I get the sense a lot of time that their is a lot of instability in the average constituency, a lot of instability in party platforms, and a lot of instability in the ideals of the leadership. I generally get this impression that people flock to whatever ideology benefits their lives the best at any given time and pretend like its a deep part of their identity and values... when in reality most constituency in America selects candidates on the basis of personal sentiment and reaction against incumbents fueled by the media, and most leaders in America select constituency based on personal ambition and gain. As a result I believe the real power lies with a sort of corporate-media complex, that isn't fueled by any formal structure, and is highly susceptible to the problem of materialism and narcissism for which their is no reliable fail safe, but will become an emergent issue as post-modernization plays out.
    Last edited by male; 12-17-2010 at 09:17 AM.