Thread: Temperaments and visual identification

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you're sitting on a chair, what do you do with your feet? Flat on the ground or perched up on the toes?

DOES ANY OF THIS MEAN ANYTHING AT ALL???

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senza View Post
    When you're sitting on a chair, what do you do with your feet? Flat on the ground or perched up on the toes?

Hey thats interesting, my feet are mostly off the ground when sitting. I often sit cross legged or with one foot or both feet on tiptoes. I say it's interesting because my therapist kept asking me to place my feet firmly on the ground. She will always state a connection between that and being in a mental space slightly out of reality. She walks me though it, It makes a lot of sense. I think she is ENFj.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post
    Hey thats interesting, my feet are mostly off the ground when sitting. I often sit cross legged or with one foot or both feet on tiptoes. I say it's interesting because my therapist kept asking me to place my feet firmly on the ground. She will always state a connection between that and being in a mental space slightly out of reality. She walks me though it, It makes a lot of sense. I think she is ENFj.
    Yeah, that makes sense. Placing your feet firmly on the ground does make you feel more grounded, like you're inhabiting reality more confidently. Didn't know therapists did that.

I do different things with my feet. Feet planted flat on the ground when I'm confident, on tiptoes when I'm nervous/strained, and resting on the sides when I'm impatient.

But generally speaking ... hmm. Observations will have to be made.

Posture is generally Ij > Ip for me, I think. I'm an weird combination of comfortable and incredibly stiff.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that makes sense. Placing your feet firmly on the ground does make you feel more grounded, like you're inhabiting reality more confidently. Didn't know therapists did that.

I do different things with my feet. Feet planted flat on the ground when I'm confident, on tiptoes when I'm nervous/strained, and resting on the sides when I'm impatient.

But generally speaking ... hmm. Observations will have to be made.

Posture is generally Ij > Ip for me, I think. I'm an weird combination of comfortable and incredibly stiff.

Yes she's a bit different my therapist. She also asks me if i would mind sitting back on the sofa as sometimes I am perched on the edge ready to take flight and she will point out the very close alliance this has with reality. She makes a lot of observations like this and communicates them to me which is very interesting.

Your comments make sense in general senza... I think I may also do simiar things (feet planted when confident etc) I just wonder how much of this is display and how much is natural. So I suppose we go with the 'natural' state or most common/comfortable?

From an outside perspective I can see you being similar to these two suggested IP poses...

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post

IP:

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes she's a bit different my therapist. She also asks me if i would mind sitting back on the sofa as sometimes I am perched on the edge ready to take flight and she will point out the very close alliance this has with reality. She makes a lot of observations like this and communicates them to me which is very interesting.

Your comments make sense in general senza... I think I may also do simiar things (feet planted when confident etc) I just wonder how much of this is display and how much is natural. So I suppose we go with the 'natural' state or most common/comfortable?

From an outside perspective I can see you being similar to these two suggested IP poses...
    The second pose is extremely pose-y ... I can't really take it seriously. And the first is like she's sitting on the potty, hahaha.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The second pose is extremely pose-y ... I can't really take it seriously. And the first is like she's sitting on the potty, hahaha.

I thought the 4/5th one was more like toilet squatting. Idk I quite liked that first one, i thought it was more pensive and focussed. The posey one does look posey but I think you can sometimes look a little posey in pics.. not out of arrogance but out of...'oh ok i have to pose for this photo because they want me to' sort of pose.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the 4/5th one was more like toilet squatting. Idk I quite liked that first one, i thought it was more pensive and focussed. The posey one does look posey but I think you can sometimes look a little posey in pics.. not out of arrogance but out of...'oh ok i have to pose for this photo because they want me to' sort of pose.
    No, what I mean is, I don't think that's the kind of pose she'd settle into naturally. Everything down to the way she's arching her toes is posed. It's nothing to do with arrogance, I just don't think it's necessarily the best exemplar of a "typical posture", you know?

I agree, the 4th one is super poopy. 5th one, once again, too pose-y to tell.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool< like this thread and the EJ and IP pictures.

flat on the ground, side-by-side, toes crossed in expressive silence