Thread: Which socionics type wants/needs to hold hands to guide through traffic?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    My husband has even helped my friend who is the same type as myself in the last few weeks to travel to and from hospital safely while she has cancer treatment. He was appalled that her husband was not going to help her in this situation.
    By leading her to the hospital holding her hand??

Meaning her husband wasn't going to hold her hand? Or her husband wasn't going to drive her there or be involved at all in getting her there which, though absolutely sweet and good of your husband to help and horrible of her own husband, is a non-sequitur to what we're talking about and beside the point.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not type related... this sounds more like a dependency issue. That is... of feeling lost and helpless in a strange and unfamiliar environment. Such a person probably has a hard time making decisions on his/her own.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WA
    [That's] a non-sequitur to what we're talking about and beside the point.
    Maybe a stretch, but... could Hayley be the "IEI" of OP?

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh. I really don't see this as a dependency issue. If I have such an issue, it's manifest elsewhere.

Rather, between me and someone who has a ton of Se going on, the way he makes his way through space pretty much requires me to hold on for the ride. He carves his way through crowds much more easily than I do. I can't keep up with him unless he takes me by the hand, there's just no way.

As for the woman with cancer, my mom's husband was very unhelpful to her when she had cancer, and that is exactly the sort of thing that would appall the guy I'm currently with, and yeah, he would step in to help, just as Hayley described. I didn't get that she was talking about hand holding. She was talking about a sense of protecting and helping in a physical way, I thought.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I didn't get that she was talking about hand holding. She was talking about a sense of protecting and helping in a physical way, I thought.
    this is how i took it, too.

i've associated "helping in a physical way" with Si caregiving, but the Se references in this thread are making sense to me, too. so maybe this particular instance isn't so type-related, or maybe it depends on what kind of feelings and memories come to mind for whoever happens to think about the example.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Eh. I really don't see this as a dependency issue. If I have such an issue, it's manifest elsewhere.

Rather, between me and someone who has a ton of Se going on, the way he makes his way through space pretty much requires me to hold on for the ride. He carves his way through crowds much more easily than I do. I can't keep up with him unless he takes me by the hand, there's just no way.

As for the woman with cancer, my mom's husband was very unhelpful to her when she had cancer, and that is exactly the sort of thing that would appall the guy I'm currently with, and yeah, he would step in to help, just as Hayley described. I didn't get that she was talking about hand holding. She was talking about a sense of protecting and helping in a physical way, I thought.
    Interesting. I can cut my way through a crowd easily, and often did. I find that I don't now, because I like to keep it slow and absorb the world around me.

I'm also appaulled by your mums husbands behavior. There's a difference between talking a good game and providing direct action to help a person. I prefer to do the latter, and I've noticed people are either too lazy, selfish or something else not to provide actual help.
    Last edited by Words; 12-11-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok now this sounds different. The vibe I got from OP was a pathetic "I can't do this, help me :frown:" attitude. But I can semi-relate to accepting volotional forces pulling me in a direction. Usually I'm trying to assess the trends and calculate the direction I need to move, everything is mental. It's relieving to have someone already know the direction needed to go and not have to do anything but enjoy the ride.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    Twitch is free to use me as her IEI specimen to study a little if she likes and taking note of her ways helps me to understand SEI .

Hi WorkaholicsAnon sorry if I did not explain myself that well but Golden's understanding above is very much on track.
    Yeah ok, that was my understanding as well, but I thought our topic was about whether hand-holding is type-related.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not type related.