Thread: Which socionics type wants/needs to hold hands to guide through traffic?

Hybrid View

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think wanting to be led is more seeking? I dunno.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I think wanting to be led is more seeking? I dunno.
    You could be correct. I enjoy it, but I'm just one person.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Creepy-Korpsey

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    You could be correct. I enjoy it, but I'm just one person.
    While setting up for a gig I gave our IEI bandmember a choice of places where she could stand. Since I didn't mean to sound like I was giving orders I told her it was just a suggestion. Her response was that she didn't mind being told what to do. So perhaps this is common with the indecisive INFp.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rps3y View Post
    While setting up for a gig I gave our IEI bandmember a choice of places where she could stand. Since I didn't mean to sound like I was giving orders I told her it was just a suggestion. Her response was that she didn't mind being told what to do. So perhaps this is common with the indecisive INFp.
    That's not the same as the OP... Suggestive Se is wanting to be guided through exhausting situations, thus following other's orders. Wanting somebody to hold your hand is not Se related...