Who knows? Maybe there's something to this. The guys I've been with who seemed Si-valuing, if they held my hand in public, they weren't usually guiding me anywhere. They were holding my hand to show affection or signal togetherness, just a thing-in-itself. They tended to walk more slowly than I like.

The apparently Se-valuing guy I'm currently with will hold my hand for those "nice" reasons, but when it comes to public places he sometimes really has to hold my hand and guide me. (Yeah, this makes me sound like a wuss.) He's the only guy I've ever been with who actually walks faster than I do, and he makes bolder decisions than I do about how to navigate a trail or negotiate crowds and traffic. If he weren't holding on to me, I would end up way behind him or stuck, lost. He gets frustrated walking at a slow pace, as do I. I can see how some people would feel like they were being dragged along by him.

The difference between his fast walking and mine ... I just have a much quieter physical presence. People on the sidewalk--for example--don't automatically part to let me by like they do him, so my strategy when I'm alone is to thread my way nimbly in and out between people. I can't use that strategy much when I'm with him, 'cause he can't fit in those small spaces etc., and people would notice what he was doing and might get pissed off.