Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
maybe he just didn't like being bossed around? Se?
That may be it. I hate it when people boss me around. Infact I hate it even more than them correcting me on an obvious mistake. You can compound it by correcting me in front of others and then barking an order at me. This of course will not produce the results you are expecting unless the results you are expecting is to make me your enemy bent on destroying everything you have worked for I dont know if that was this kids problem though.
As far as someone pointing out errors though sometimes I grateful that someone caught something I overlooked in my absentmindedness. I love it when someone knowlegeable takes time to show me how to do something without being critical of me When it comes to personal attacks about my competence, I find it very unkind and unproductive I am always aware of the persons credentials for saying something. You can say all you like but if I think you are a moron I will not be too affected by what you say.
Once I remember I was working with a carpenter and his son became jealous of my friendship with his father. He saw me hammering and he reached over and snatched the hammer out of my hand and sort of pushed me aside "Gimmie that, you dont know what youre doing!"! Lord help me! Im glad his father was there cause I was about to open up a can of...
Anyway, the point is if you must correct an enfp be tactful and if possible do it in private. Actually this should apply to anyone, not just enfps. :wink:

True. Very true.