Hybrid View

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extremist positivists are always authoritarian: they go to extremes to see their child behave they way they want them to behave.

Extreme negativists are always permissive: they feel they cannot (or should not) control their children.

Authoritative is the goal; however there are multiple perspectives on permissive parenting.

So it's mostly an issue with a political basis.

Of course Ts will be a little stricter and colder than Fs. (although the coldness is not in itself acceptable... duality is important here and the T has a responsibility to seek it).

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Authoritarian towards big-picture and long-term issues, not towards small things. Avoid micromanagement, but assert your superior wisdom towards the situation so it doesn't go to waste.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, well I'm skeptical of authoritarian parenting styles. From my experience it leads to broken families and the child deserting/(being deserted from) the parent(s) at the first chance they get.

There's only so much pressure you can put on someone to be a particular way/thing before they realize the parent always thinks making them miserable is justified.

But I could be thinking of worst-case beneficiary/benefactor relations in socionics, where the beneficiary is doesn't find the benefactor to be helping.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Yeah, well I'm skeptical of authoritarian parenting styles. From my experience it leads to broken families and the child deserting/(being deserted from) the parent(s) at the first chance they get.

There's only so much pressure you can put on someone to be a particular way/thing before they realize the parent always thinks making them miserable is justified.

But I could be thinking of worst-case beneficiary/benefactor relations in socionics, where the beneficiary is doesn't find the benefactor to be helping.
    Hmm... you may be on to something.

Lab, I agree that authoritarian is big picture.