Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I may be the same type as this guy

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea how this guy could be "too intense" to be ISTp, unless everybody's conception of an ISTp is an apathetic homebody. Nanashi is much more intense than this guy, and she's most definitely Te-INTp.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching all the videos in this thread my best guess is INTj, followed by ISTj. I'll watch more of him later, as he seems quite hilarious.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I have no idea how this guy could be "too intense" to be ISTp, unless everybody's conception of an ISTp is an apathetic homebody. Nanashi is much more intense than this guy, and she's most definitely Te-INTp.
    But Nanashi is Ni/Se valuing. I dont buy the Ip = laid back, apathetic.

However, there is this sharpness to the guy's tongue that doesn't quite mesh well with my impression of SLIs. Also the desire to PWN like Loki mentioned. The guy actually strikes me as an extravert for the simple reason that he decided to make these videos to voice his views, and he saw the need to respond to that other guy's video, in great detail at that. That's external initiative-taking imo.

My impression of an ISTp is not an "apathetic homebody" btw, not even close. But it's definitely not someone who would specifically make it a point to create a video to rant about things. I once saw a "video" of DeAnte--it was a 10 second clip where he was like "Name's DeAnte. Hi. <end>" lol. They dont like the spotlight.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was the one thing i felt rather confident about... he really doesn't seem like an irrational to me in the least.
    Last edited by marooned; 12-08-2010 at 08:43 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    But Nanashi is Ni/Se valuing. I dont buy the Ip = laid back, apathetic.
    I don't see why that would make any real difference when comparing her to him. Nanashi is equally as animated as this guy from what I can tell.

However, there is this sharpness to the guy's tongue that doesn't quite mesh well with my impression of SLIs. Also the desire to PWN like Loki mentioned. The guy actually strikes me as an extravert for the simple reason that he decided to make these videos to voice his views, and he saw the need to respond to that other guy's video, in great detail at that. That's external initiative-taking imo.
    Well then you should probably broaden your view of ISTps. I mean look at people like Thunderf00t: he's definitely an introvert (Ne-INTj) and he puts out videos like PR all the time. Anybody with fervent beliefs about anything or reactions to things is going to act on them, regardless of the type in question.

And I'm not convinced that he makes those videos just for the sake of "pwning" other people. I've yet to see real evidence for that.

My impression of an ISTp is not an "apathetic homebody" btw, not even close. But it's definitely not someone who would specifically make it a point to create a video to rant about things. I once saw a "video" of DeAnte--it was a 10 second clip where he was like "Name's DeAnte. Hi. <end>" lol. They dont like the spotlight.
    If ISTps didn't like the spotlight then there would be no ISTp actors, singers, or anything like that. Those sorts of sweeping comments have approximately 0 merit as far as I'm concerned. Also, see the above comment about fervent beliefs.
    Last edited by Galen; 12-08-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't have the inclination to watch all the videos or re-watch what i've seen. I can't see, based on what i've seen of his looks, his body language and his words, how he can have a subjective sensation impression of the environment, he doesn't exhibit behaviour or qualities I see in those who either have it as a leading function or value it. The 'edgyness' I mentioned describes the combination of his looks, his mannerisms and words in such a way which doesn't reflect a leading Si mode of processing his environment.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see why that would make any real difference when comparing her to him. Nanashi is equally as animated as this guy from what I can tell.

Well then you should probably broaden your view of ISTps. I mean look at people like Thunderf00t: he's definitely an introvert (Ne-INTj) and he puts out videos like PR all the time. Anybody with fervent beliefs about anything or reactions to things is going to act on them, regardless of the type in question.

And I'm not convinced that he makes those videos just for the sake of "pwning" other people. I've yet to see real evidence for that.

If ISTps didn't like the spotlight then there would be no ISTp actors, singers, or anything like that. Those sorts of sweeping comments have approximately 0 merit as far as I'm concerned. Also, see the above comment about fervent beliefs.
    Mkay i didn't mean "the spotlight" in the literal sense. Even the ISTp actors/singers sort of keep a low profile and dont particularly call attention to themselves (yes i have studied many of them...surprise surprise ). Nor do they seem to have the inclination to care to make public efforts to reach out in criticism like this guy has. It doesn't matter whether his intentions are to "PWN" or not. He's reaching out, taking initiative to criticize and going to great lengths to arrange this. That's extraversion to me. Also he displays too much Fe in the inflections of his voice and facial features to be an Fe-POLR. An INTj (Fe-seeking) would be more likely to do something like this than an ISTp would, though I still question your typing of him if this is the case.

Maybe you ought to adjust the way you're interpreting what I say. Also, you dont seem to have a good understanding of SLIs.

A little condescension adjustment wouldn't hurt either. People who disagree with you may actually have a point and with your closed mind your growth will stop (as i think it did. You are getting a little too cocky and have been for a while now).

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mkay i didn't mean "the spotlight" in the literal sense. Even the ISTp actors/singers sort of keep a low profile and dont particularly call attention to themselves (yes i have studied many of them...surprise surprise ). Nor do they seem to have the inclination to care to make public efforts to reach out in criticism like this guy has. It doesn't matter whether his intentions are to "PWN" or not. He's reaching out, taking initiative to criticize and going to great lengths to arrange this. That's extraversion to me.
    Well it's not extroversion. I can't really put it any more succinctly or detailed than that.

Also he displays too much Fe in the inflections of his voice and facial features to be an Fe-POLR. An INTj (Fe-seeking) would be more likely to do something like this than an ISTp would, though I still question your typing of him if this is the case.
    His vocal inflections seem normal enough for an Fe-PoLR. Again, look to Nanashi for reference. If you want to see how an "Fe-seeking" person would argue in the same situation as PR, look to Thunderf00t. The differences between him and this guy should be pretty apparent.

Maybe you ought to adjust the way you're interpreting what I say. Also, you dont seem to have a good understanding of SLIs.
    no u

A little condescension adjustment wouldn't hurt either. People who disagree with you may actually have a point and with your closed mind your growth will stop (as i think it did. You are getting a little too cocky and have been for a while now).
    I'm sorry, but as of yet I'm just not seeing any reasonable arguments against ISTp. I'm not sure where I start to come off as cocky though, so if you could point that out to me?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who the hell is Nanashi?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Who the hell is Nanashi?
    A Te-INTp user on here. She goes on the socionix tinychat a lot.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one is interesting

A Te-INTp user on here. She goes on the socionix tinychat a lot.
    I've never seen or heard of her.

Because it's bullshit.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that was really intense.

I've never seen or heard of her.
    Well she exists. Trust me.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the guy in the videos is Ne and Ti valuing -- from what I've seen, I'd wager he's alpha NT.

There is a lot of Ne in his videos. For example:

In that last one: "there are four things that she left out, for example, if the doctor..." His mind goes wild with speculation, thinking of all possibilities -- each of which gets "bigger."

In a Ti regimented style, he numbers his points.

He seems to be SI seeking. E.g. "I really need some sleep," and "sorry about the lighting."

I don't believe that he's beta or delta, i.e. ISTj or ISTp.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne-EP ENTp would be my wild guess. Don't ask questions. Don't quote me on this. Just vibes and VI. It's a guess.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hahaha unfortunately i can relate to his Arby's girl story...

anyway i think this guy could be LII. they get intense like that when talking about something that's exciting/agitating them.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    anyway i think this guy could be LII. they get intense like that when talking about something that's exciting/agitating them.
    I've seen ISTps get angry in the same way as this guy, i.e. Keith Olbermann.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've seen ISTps get angry in the same way as this guy, i.e. Keith Olbermann.
    i don't have a clear impression of Keith Olbermann's type (perhaps some NT), but i doubt SLI.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that was really intense.
    While I may not jump out of bed to film myself, that's exactly how I feel and react to such things. I WILL however jump out of bed if it's about something or someone dear/important to me.

hahaha unfortunately i can relate to his Arby's girl story...
    You have chased a girl?

I do, too.
    Last edited by Park; 12-09-2010 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I may not jump out of bed, that's exactly how I feel and react to such things. I WILL however jump out of bed if it's about something or someone dear/important to me.
    Yeah, I would imagine that not every ISTp, or every individual of any type for that matter, is as unrestrained emotionally as he is capable of being in these situations.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You have chased a girl?
    no, he was male!

I do, too.
    hm well i haven't seen you in that mode before so i can't really compare him to you.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I only watched one video and about 3 minutes of it because my internet connection sucks, but I don't see how anyone could get ISTP for him. Possibly LSI but when I compare him to myself, he's a lot more intense. I don't think LSI or SLI.
    Good point. He's definitely Ti-Fe valuing though. Would you say Fe-leading then? I guess he could be an example of an IXTj Dominant DNHC.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, he was male!

hm well i haven't seen you in that mode before so i can't really compare him to you.
    Sometimes, my relatives would ask me something personal, and I'll start talking like that, and often times I'll see them smile and turn their head around or interrupt me with something completely unrelated, so I stop, because I realize they don't GIVE A SHIT. And I'm wondering why they would ask me something they don't care about, and don't even care to PRETEND they listen or give a shit, so for a lack of a rational explanation (and hesitation to confront them about it), I say to myself fuck 'em, you know. So I guess, I am more open towards people I feel will be positively receptive and responsive to what I have to say.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    the guy in the videos is Ne and Ti valuing -- from what I've seen, I'd wager he's alpha NT.

There is a lot of Ne in his videos. For example:

In that last one: "there are four things that she left out, for example, if the doctor..." His mind goes wild with speculation, thinking of all possibilities -- each of which gets "bigger."

In a Ti regimented style, he numbers his points.

He seems to be SI seeking. E.g. "I really need some sleep," and "sorry about the lighting."

I don't believe that he's beta or delta, i.e. ISTj or ISTp.

Yeah actually, I could see ILE for him. Totally. And that would explain Parkster's fascination with him too . (though i also agree with everything the guy said in that Oklahoma video).

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's not extroversion. I can't really put it any more succinctly or detailed than that.
    You dont need to be succint. Explain away. I want to know if i'm wrong.

His vocal inflections seem normal enough for an Fe-PoLR. Again, look to Nanashi for reference. If you want to see how an "Fe-seeking" person would argue in the same situation as PR, look to Thunderf00t. The differences between him and this guy should be pretty apparent.
    Can u link me?

no u
    no U!!

I'm not sure where I start to come off as cocky though, so if you could point that out to me?
    aww, i'm sorry Galen. U know I u. Forget I said it.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The choice of poster behind him suggests Se ego to me. Just a gut sort of thing.
    He does seem Ni/Se-valuing. But he seems Ni-ego, dont you think? I'm thinking maybe LIE?
    Like i mentioned before, the poster on the wall and "War Room" on his door seem Se-valuing to me for some reason.
    Excellent points, especially the root of the issue in bold. That's what makes him Se valuing (if not Se-ego)...

Yeah actually, I could see ILE for him. Totally. And that would explain Parkster's fascination with him too .
    Yeah...
    Last edited by Park; 12-09-2010 at 06:15 AM.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You dont need to be succint. Explain away. I want to know if i'm wrong.
    Well it's more that explaining why taking the initiative to criticize somebody isn't necessarily related to extroversion, especially in situations that involve arguments over religion vs science, is akin to explaining why 1 doesn't equal 2. Introverts are just as easily capable of what you've described. Again, Thunderf00t.

Can u link me?

aww, i'm sorry Galen. U know I u. Forget I said it.
    :3
    But seriously, I would like to know where I come off as cocky.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah...
    LOL, I can change my mind can't I?? I wasn't sure how strongly I felt about those things I mentioned being Se-valuing. I was just throwing it out there...

do YOU think he's Se valuing?

EDIT: also ILE and LIE are quasi-identicals so I wouldn't have been that far off with my original hypothesis. in other words, him coming across LIE to me at first wouldn't make an impression of ILE come completely from left field...
    Last edited by Suz; 12-09-2010 at 02:17 PM.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Again, Thunderf00t.
    Sorry this is off-topic, but do you think thunderf00t is LII? That's what I've gathered.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:3
    But seriously, I would like to know where I come off as cocky.
    Well, when you start assuming that people know nothing of certain things, when in fact i've studied them pretty thoroughly. It's more a disagreement perhaps, or seeing things in a differing way, than me just speaking from little knowledge.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You did the same thing with Marie. Just sayin'.

*hides*
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    You did the same thing with Marie. Just sayin'.

*hides*
    ok ok so we're all a little cocky...

Te-HA maybe?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok ok so we're all a little cocky...

Te-HA maybe?
    Not sure, Extravert + something else.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo homies!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You spend too much time with this guy.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    You spend too much time with this guy.
    Not really.

And you apparently haven't seen this thread:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...on-thread.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That guy seems like the type that gets bullied in school a lot. I got bullied too but he seems to just bring it on himself by talking down to others and not being 'cool.' People don't like that smart preacher shit. It kinda pisses me off. Like who is he to judge religious people with his 'intellect.'

Honestly athiests are just these people that want to stay angry. What about the happy athiests? Why can't you be an athiest and also have an upbeat, cool attitude?

lol. I don't really mean anything by what I said much. It's just people like him bring out the argumentative spirit and its like he WANTS to argue. criticism only brings in more criticism. he just wants criticism fucks stupid mama boy nerd.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay that's it. I'm just going to go with my root impression that I can't explain at all... my problem with considering LSE (I don't think he's SLI) is that I don't have an impression that he is (it's just I can't make an argument that he isn't)... my impression is Ti leading and I had been thinking LSI probably just because he seems so surface level ST-ish... however the LII suggestion actually resonates well impression-wise as well and I'm actually liking it more and more. Also that was the one thing I liked about LSE was that it's Ne/Si valuing because I don't really get much of an Se valuing impression off him... (but I thought that maybe I just wasn't seeing it).

not being able to make any cases for any of this bothers me... it's like one's mind being awash with dark matter abstract chunk reasoning that just defies all articulation.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk if this helps at all but... Ne = Spiritual Aggressor.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's ILE.

He speaks just like my friend.

Ne and Ti are obvious to me, as well as Fi-PoLR. He's picking apart religious beliefs, but not because he's passionate about atheism, it's just that atheism is a logical system and religion is not.

In one of his videos he's showing off the fact that he's cooking DiGornio pizza. My ILE friend loves frozen pizzas. Because he's Si-lazy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12