Hybrid View

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think according to ghost hunters the feeling that someone is behind you or watching you (or a presence has entered) can be caused by a jump in EMF in the area... they're constantly bringing their EMF meters with them and the things seem to record spikes somewhat sporadically for inexplicable reasons (i mean because there are ghosts passing near).

there are a lot of things on that show that i can't explain... like one episode where one person in one room told the "ghost" to repeat certain words to a person in another room (this person supposedly couldn't hear anything from the first room) and more than once he actually heard the ghost say the same words the first person had asked it to say (being entirely unaware that the first person was even engaged in this activity with the "ghost"). i mean it really seems that the only explanation is that "something" is able to pass these words (i don't know if this something is a ghost though). naturally i feel skeptical and i feel that way about how they even edit/present the show because often times i can't see/hear anything for myself and so i just have to take their word for it (the editing and music actually interferes with anything that might enable you to actually see what happened, assuming anything happened at all... so it ends up being suspenseful music and people saying "DID YOU SEE THAT!" prior to commercial breaks and it's all wonderfully unhelpful). anyway i just feel that if i was there i would be way more critical about it than they are. but... they do do a good job of finding mundane/real-life explanations where they can (they attribute this often to their skills as plumbers because they understand things like pipes and electricity and heating, etc.).
    Last edited by marooned; 12-08-2010 at 09:42 AM.