Hybrid View

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLOAN type and Socionics

Saw a thread on it but it was like 3 years old, so I wasn't sure if necro'ing it was ok. What's your SLOAN type?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Creepy-male

xc|u|ai, not exceptionally anything. (|u| = 16%)

This fits with being primarily a phleg-chol in five temperaments, I think.

EDIT

Rofl... I just realised... I made a very bad maths pun above.
    Last edited by male; 11-17-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They've always correlated this to MBTI, as well as Big 5, they're pretty much the same thing, I have yet to see them able to correlate this to Socionics.

RCUxI.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R something.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    They've always correlated this to MBTI, as well as Big 5, they're pretty much the same thing, I have yet to see them able to correlate this to Socionics.

RCUxI.
    Correlation's probably weak, but I wanna see if some kind of relationship can be established at least.

SLUEI (primary inquisitive) here.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, well R/S is pretty good for I/E. The other correlations are too weak imo. I would list what I think they are, in terms of Socionics, but there's not really a point.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sCoEi
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, well R/S is pretty good for I/E. The other correlations are too weak imo. I would list what I think they are, in terms of Socionics, but there's not really a point.
    What are they anyway? Let's see if they match mine.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RCUxI.
    Here's the Big 5 --> Socionics/MBTI correlation.
    Extroversion = Extroversion
    Openness = Intuitive
    Agreeableness = Feeling
    Conscientiousness = Judging
    Neuroticism = Unhealthy (on the type-independent healthy/unhealthy spectrum)

Someone who scores high on Extroversion Openness Agreeableness Conscientiousness and Neuroticism is therefore tested as an unhealthy ENFj.

When I find how the SLOAN type works I'll list that too.

EDIT:
    SLOAN - Big 5 - MBTI/Socionics
    Social - Extroversion - Extroversion
    Limbic - Neuroticism - Unhealthy
    Orderliness - Conscientiousness - Judging
    Accommodating - Agreeableness - Feeling
    Non-curious - Un-Openness - Sensing
    Someone who scores SLOAN on the SLOAN is therefore tested as an unhealthy ESFj.

SLOAN - Big 5 - MBTI/Socionics
    Reserved - Introversion - Introversion
    Calm - Un-Neuroticism - Healthy
    Unstructured - Un-Conscientiousness - Perceiving
    Egocentric - Un-Agreeableness - Thinking
    Inquisitive - Openness - Intuitive
    Someone who scores RCUEI on the SLOAN is therefore tested as a healthy INTp.

Correlated answers given so far to see results:
    Note: Like any personality test, these will not be 100% accurate, duh.

16types big 5 results:
    Aleksei: SLUEI - ENTp
    Arthur: RCUAI - INFp
    Poli: RCUXI - INXp
    Azeroffs: SCOEI - ENTj
    Ashton: SCUEI - ENTp
    Aiss: RLUEI - INTp
    Absurd: SCOEN - ESTj
    Last edited by Crispy; 11-17-2010 at 10:55 PM.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Here's the Big 5 --> Socionics/MBTI correlation.
    Extroversion = Extroversion
    Openness = Intuitive
    Agreeableness = Feeling
    Conscientiousness = Judging
    Neuroticism = Unhealthy (on the type-independent healthy/unhealthy spectrum)

Someone who scores high on Extroversion Openness Agreeableness Conscientiousness and Neuroticism is therefore tested as an unhealthy ENFj.
    Why would ego types be Agreeable?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Feeling types, including Fe egos, are agreeable in relation to all Thinking types. That is what Feeling means in socionics.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    Bullshit. Big 5 scores are known to vary depending on upbringing, intellect, gender, number of siblings, economy, education, culture, age, etc. etc. Here's a bit about the correlation between big5 and MBTI/Keirsey, according to similarminds: Global 5/Big 5 to Jung/MBTI/Kiersey correlations

As you can see, the only correlations that are high (but not 100%) are MBTI introversion/extraversion and MBTI judging/perceiving. So, the Big 5 can quite accurately point out people's temperament, but not their strong functions.
    That correlation is as I've said. The greater truth is that the phenomenon(s) that the Big 5 describes are the same as the ones discovered for socionics (the four main dichotomies). They didn't give enough credit to their findings when the attached the word "medium" to the correlation. I assure you they were wrong. You will discover this too only after much study.

Since the Big 5 is (if only somewhat) accepted in the scientific community, it is the closest bridge socionics can cross into the scientific realm.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I believe you scored ENTp on a big 5 test. If after extensive study of both socionics and big 5 you believe you still must be SXUEI without relying on a test, then it is most likely you are indeed either ENTp or severely misled.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to the consensus topic:

When considering all theories from a distant point of view, and when being not too picky about the wordings used (for instance ethics is not feelings, but hm saying something is good or bad implies you feel it's good or bad...etc) it's more than obvious that Big5/SLOAN, MBTI and socionics all talk about the same thing, all use scales/dichotomies you name it and all end up with the same amount of types (statistically proved, and yes I'm omitting 5th dimension on purpose)

Now it's pretty clear that due to the differences in test methods, the way the theories evolved on their own to meet their own particular needs (Big5: psychiatric treatment vs MBTI: human resources and career management vs socionics: personal and interpersonal knowledge) and also because of the aforementioned differences in wordings taking huge proportions (because people are picky in the end...) mappings between the 3 systems are obviously not a 1:1 match, but it's not incompatible at all either.

We just have to clearly define those three M mapping functions (MBTI <->(M)<-> socionics <->(M')<-> SLOAN <->(M'')<-> MBTI)

But you eluded my remark about function order being incompatible between MBTI and socionics (and I also shared some thoughts about that in my ID thread in beta forum) not that it's really on-topic but this need to be clarified (at least for me!)
    "Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is.
    At all counts, it forms an unconscious snag, thwarting our most well-meant intentions."

C. G. Jung

-----
    Know your body, know your mind, know your limits.

TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You say there's no consensus?

Does it mean we're living on the edge?!

In front of us, there is just darkness and chaos?

We are some kind of pioneers then?

That's even more exciting than talking about tcaudilllg!

KeroZen starts running around the forum, shouting random things! Youhooooo!! (I should be sleeping...)
    "Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is.
    At all counts, it forms an unconscious snag, thwarting our most well-meant intentions."

C. G. Jung

-----

TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also keep in mind SLOAN+ is there for the same reason we have subtypes extensions here.

C. G. Jung

-----

TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI aka Diplomat aka Counselor: me needs find practical consensus so we can move on kthx! (and also needs sleep)

C. G. Jung

-----

TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh teh no! ashton is a bossy ENTj, I'm doomed!!!

C. G. Jung

-----

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeroZen View Post
    But you eluded my remark about function order being incompatible between MBTI and socionics (and I also shared some thoughts about that in my ID thread in beta forum) not that it's really on-topic but this need to be clarified (at least for me!)
    First of all the J/P switch is completely false. MBTI messed up the true order of functions and neglected to address it until after they mass-marketed it. The result is the Ego and Id being switch for introverts and Super-ego and Super-Id switched for extroverts. This explains why MBTI couldn't get intertype relations to work properly (and why socionics, with intertype relations, uses the true order of functions). But the MBTI type descriptions mostly focus on the four dichotomies and as such, correlate all too well with socionics descriptions, including club and temperament, which together form a complete type.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all the J/P switch is completely false. MBTI messed up the true order of functions and neglected to address it until after they mass-marketed it. The result is the Ego and Id being switch for introverts and Super-ego and Super-Id switched for extroverts. This explains why MBTI couldn't get intertype relations to work properly (and why socionics, with intertype relations, uses the true order of functions). But the MBTI type descriptions mostly focus on the four dichotomies and as such, correlate all too well with socionics descriptions, including club and temperament, which together form a complete type.
    Socionics intertype relations involve numerous characterization traits that MBTI functions altogether lack. It can't be handwaved away as being a result of the "correct" configuration of functions having been found, because all 16 function configurations are the same in both system -- the letters are just different. As such, we could use the same letter codes for both, and all that would change, type relations-wise is that the letter mesh would change (for example, ENFj would be INTp's dual rather than INTJ's.

TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's make my point clear then.

Based on wikipedia MBTI pages, cognitiveprocesses.com, typelogic.com and humanmetrics.com and in fact any other official MBTI or MBTI look-alike site online I've read so far, including Keirsey (and please if you want to tell those are not pure MBTI and are incompatible, then post concrete evidence that those differences are more than nitpicking around terminology and focus differences in application area and tool purpose) They all affirm they come from a Jungian heritage. All.

I'm going to talk about the j/p switch and function order difference between all these systems and socionics. What I call j/p switch is only needed for introverts/intratims (so for I types in both theories) meaning for instance that INTp becomes INTJ and INTP becomes INTj.

1) I gathered from the maximum number of sources stereotype "nicknames", in both camps. And when reaching something like 10-15 7-10 "nicknames" for each type, the j/p switch is clearly obvious for all introverts. Anyone having a minimum amount of intuition would get it just by reading those series of words and trying to group them together (I'm sure even a kid could do it), and as it's a really "light" point, discussion-wise, I won't even bother giving you an example.

2) One system is focused on functions, the other on information elements. But what are those information elements if not inputs or products of those functions? Simple example for the Feeling function (taken from MBTI auxiliary Fe description) "Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior." Alright, what is this talking about if not ethics valuation and production? Aka "what I feel about something, is it good? does it make me feel better?"

3) Also thinking in functional terms is perfectly valid socionics. But on wikisocion one can read: "According to Model A, there are eight functions present in each type, one for each information element. In this respect socionics differs from canonical MBTI and Jung's Typology, in which only four elements are present in each type.". This is in contradiction with *modern* MBTI: "Later personality researchers (notably Linda V. Berens)[24] added four additional functions to the descending hierarchy, the so-called "shadow" functions to which the individual is not naturally inclined but which can emerge when the person is under stress." So you can see both systems have same 8 functions and both have a notion of "conscious functions" and "unconscious functions" (even if in detail and order they differ)

4) Even by not going too deeply into said details, when applying the j/p switch for introverts, nobody can argue that the two first functions (MBTI: 1) dominant, 2) auxiliary, socionics: 1) leading, 2) creative) suddenly match for all 16 types. Ex:

INTP = INTj = Ti Ne
    INTJ = INTp = Ni Te

5) No need to apply the j/p switch for extroverts, they already match:

ESFP = ESFp = Se Fi
    ESFJ = ESFj = Fe Si

(you can verify for all 16 types if you don't trust me)

6) Intertype relations do transpose 1:1 between both systems when applying the j/p switch, and guess what, it's exactly what typelogic.com did! They just renamed "duality" into "anima/animus"...(I hear you cry "but it's different! it must be different!") Well no, having studied both, it's the same but different wordings, inter-type relations wise. Also no need to point out how commercial dating sites are leeching socionics intertype model to provide their advices on top of MBTI/jungian derivatives (but some don't take too much risks and only propose people "identity" relations because it's safer and helps them say they make people date easily whereas they don't care if they'll stay together or not..)

Now onto the differences, because it couldn't be too easy either:

1) About functions balance in MBTI I'll quote this: "Jung and Myers considered the attitude of the Auxiliary, Tertiary, and Inferior functions to be the opposite of the Dominant. In this interpretation, if the Dominant function is extraverted, then the other three are introverted, and vice versa. However, many modern practitioners hold that the attitude of the Tertiary function is the same as the Dominant." Meaning with INFJ as example:

Ni Fe Ti Se -> Two inputs, two outputs, one of each kind, looks very balanced and efficient to handle life and survival

2) In socionics with same example it's unbalanced, in the sense that both "captors" (inputs) are introverted and both "actors" (outputs) are extroverted:

Ni Fe Si Te -> Two introverted inputs, two extroverted outputs, makes a very nice "information processing vector"... I could translate that into a cellular automata and each type would be a "glider" always going into the same direction (nice concept though, but a bit akin to walking with one leg half the size of the other...)

3) But then, who cares, maybe it's just me in this case nitpicking about function orders, they probably have different definitions for each of them (each "slot/position"), and also what one system consider "cognitive" functions could be different from the other which considers things more in terms of "conscious" or "unconscious" processes...To be honest, I don't know.

4) My current hypothesis is that MBTI allows to test and see the person's EGO and SUPER-ID blocks in model A (with my IEI example: EGO: NiFe SUPID: TiSe.....well SeTi, but no nitpicking I said!)

5) Then a last example with IEI duality this time: When you have to explain in the most simple way to someone why duality "ticks" and why conflict is a "conflict", what would you choose to draw on that napkin in front of you:

a) using MBTI functions notation

IEI + SLE = Ni Fe Ti Se + Se Ti Fe Ni =
    IEI + LSE = Ni Fe Ti Se + Te Si Ne Fi =

b) using socionics functions notation

"
    - Well you have four blocks in your mind, ego, super-ego, id and super-id (while drawing squares on napkin...) and your ego rings something in your partner's head...here...(while pointing at little square)...and..
    - Come on! Get to the point I hate when people turn around things and are not clear! (said the SLE)

"

PS: If any of the information sources I cited, including wikipedia and wikisocion, or any other site is false or erroneous, what are we waiting for correcting them? Leaving falsehoods online is misleading to people and we must do our possible to prevent that. And don't forget to paragraph!
    Last edited by KeroZen; 11-21-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typo correction as usual + precisions

C. G. Jung

-----

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm still ESTJ(j) going by that scheme. Only MBTI got me 'thinking' I'm an introvert.

EDIT: Besides for the wonderful individuals who showed me the light, that is. You won't be forgotten.
    Last edited by Absurd; 11-19-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6) Intertype relations do transpose 1:1 between both systems when applying the j/p switch, and guess what, it's exactly what typelogic.com did! They just renamed "duality" into "anima/animus"...(I hear you cry "but it's different! it must be different!") Well no, having studied both, it's the same but different wordings, inter-type relations wise. Also no need to point out how commercial dating sites are leeching socionics intertype model to provide their advices on top of MBTI/jungian derivatives (but some don't take too much risks and only propose people "identity" relations because it's safer and helps them say they make people date easily whereas they don't care if they'll stay together or not..)
    Anima/Animus on Typelogic describes conflict not duality.
    Duality is described by the relation Novelty.
    Google define novelty:
    S: (n) freshness, novelty (originality by virtue of being refreshingly novel)
    Google define Animus:
    S: (n) animosity, animus, bad blood (a feeling of ill will arousing active hostility)

As you can see Typelogic is the closest MBTI site to make it to socionics' level. (They are still missing things like calling Benefactor/Beneficiary and Supervier/Supervisee completely different names)

1) I gathered from the maximum number of sources stereotype "nicknames", in both camps. And when reaching something like 10-15 "nicknames" for each type, the j/p switch is clearly obvious for all introverts. Anyone having a minimum amount of intuition would get it just by reading those series of words and trying to group them together (I'm sure even a kid could do it), and as it's a really "light" point, discussion-wise, I won't even bother giving you an example.
    Listing these would be a good idea, considering I found the opposite to be true. (INTJ described as Scientist and INTP described as Thinker is a good example).

I'll reveal some of the other holes as I see them. The best thing to do would be to ignore the MBTI functions that Myers/Briggs released prematurely and look for where all these personality theories sprung from; namely Jung's Psychological Types. There you will find how introvert always means introvert, and rational always means rational, and type change remains impossible.
    Last edited by Crispy; 11-19-2010 at 09:48 PM.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I beg your pardon but (wikipedia anima/animus)

"The anima and animus in Carl Jung's school of analytical psychology, are the two primary anthropomorphic archetypes of the unconscious mind, as opposed to both the theriomorphic and inferior-function of the shadow archetypes, as well as the abstract symbol sets that formulate the archetype of the Self. The anima and animus are described by Jung as elements of his theory of the collective unconscious, a domain of the unconscious that transcends the personal psyche. In the unconscious of the male, it finds expression as a feminine inner personality: anima; equivalently, in the unconscious of the female it is expressed as a masculine inner personality: animus."

C. G. Jung

-----

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SCUEI
    (3.3% of women; 5.3% of men)

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RCUAI or something.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your Global5/SLOAN type is RLUEI
    Your Primary type is Egocentric

avoidant, withdrawn, not usually happy, does not believe in human goodness, loner, moody, avoids crowds, depressed, overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings frequently, agnostic/atheistic tendencies, unsure where life is going, impatient, avoids eye contact, does not think things work out for the best, discontent, negative, suspicious of others, uncooperative, socially uncomfortable, hard to get to know, not punctual, low self confidence, pessimistic, lonely, does not finish work on time, does not like to lead, attracted to things associated with sadness, ambivalent about the problems of others, feels defective, fears failure, often bored, ambivalent about the suffering of others, unproductive, avoids unnecessary interaction, easily frustrated, does not finish many things, lower energy level, focuses on fantasies instead of reality, ambivalent about the needs of others, easily annoyed, rarely prepared, disorganized, quiet around strangers, slow to forgive, hard to understand, not that interested in others, skeptical, wounded at the core, self absorbed

favored careers:
    philosopher, freelance writer, novelist, author, astronomer, book editor, freelance artist, scholar, bookstore owner, bookseller, screenwriter, philosophy professor, poet, cinematographer, artist, playwright, librarian, comic book artist, art historian, publisher, archeologist, scientist, composer, video game designer, egyptologist, museum curator, researcher, paleontologist, anthropologist, musician, genetics researcher, historian, theologian, research psychologist, art director, research scientist, songwriter, history professor, linguist, computer animator, professor of english, illustrator, painter, assassin, cartoonist, library assistant, travel writer, curator, film critic, environmental scientist, filmmaker, journalist, english professor, aerospace engineer, political scientist, computer scientist, art curator, audio engineer, archivist, art education, college professor, academic, technical writer, webmaster, animator, psychoanalyst, music journalist, geneticist, astronaut, research assistant, software developer, website designer, movie director, web developer, film editor, copywriter, digital artist, editor music therapist, geologist, web designer, biologist, biochemist, mercenary
    disfavored careers:
    supervisor, sports management, event planner, wedding planner, even coordinator, manager, business administrator, administrator, businessman, childcare worker, hospitality manager, hospitality worker, coach, office manager, sales associate, business manager, athletic trainer, kindergarten teacher, preschool teacher, office administrator, human resources manager, health care worker, public relations manager, personal assistant, customer service representative, customer service employee, administrative support, business owner, early childhood educator, social services worker, office worker, secretary, fundraiser, receptionist, sales manager, nurse practitioner, pediatric nurse, executive, executive assistant
    Last edited by Pink; 02-19-2015 at 07:44 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Extroversion |||||||||||||| 52%
    Orderliness |||||||||||||| 60%
    Emotional Stability |||||||||||| 50%
    Accommodation |||||||||| 36%
    Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||| 68%

The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being assertive and social and being withdrawn and solitary.
    Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.
    Emotional Stability results were medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being calm and resilient and being anxious and reactive.
    Accommodation results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others.
    Inquisitiveness results were moderately high which suggests you are intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.
    Your Global5/SLOAN type is SLOEI
    Your Primary type is Inquisitive

SLOEI
    (3.1% of women; 2.2% of men)
    demanding, controlling, aggressive, retaliatory, does not forgive easily, opinionated, domineering, does not accept what others say, believes that appearances are important, likes to be the center of attention, not patient with people who annoy them, easily annoyed, quick to judge others, preoccupied with self, show off, feels you have to be tough on people to get things done, prone to addiction, not good at sports, frequently pursues impressive achievements, takes charge, competitive, frustrated and angry when people don't live up to expectations, not on good terms with everyone, second place rarely feels good enough to them, antagonistic, able to stand up for self, acts superior to others, hard to satisfy, bothered by disorder, impatient, becomes aggressive when they feel hurt, decisive, abrupt, impulsive, more dominant than submissive, finishes most things they start, desires some level of fame in their community, unable to control cravings, acts out frustrations on others, easily frustrated, can become overwhelmed by events, does not readily admit mistakes, moody, not very religious
    *the descriptions listed here are made up of personality items. people who scored high on this type scored higher on the above items compared to the average. (more info)
    back to personality types
    favored careers:

scholar, college professor, politician, university professor, political analyst, diplomat, philosopher, ambassador, reporter, academic, corporate lawyer, political scientist, news anchor, dictator, philosophy professor, lawyer, international relations specialist, international businesss specialist, author, ceo, executive, journalist, psychoanalyst, judge, english professor, financial analyst, editor, project manager, researcher, broadcast journalist, analyst, marketing director, publicist, business consultant, consultant, manager, policy analyst, business manager, performer, business administrator, entertainment lawyer, strategist, psychotherapist, investment banker, advertising executive, travel writer, performing arts, financial planner, media industry, fashion editor, publisher, screenwriter, magazine editor, broadcaster, freelance writer, sociologist, genetics researcher, marketing specialist, management consultant, technical writer, psychiatrist, actor, economist, geneticist, businessman, research scientist, art historian, model
    disfavored careers:

childcare worker, mechanic, nurse, nanny, missionary, firefighter, stay at home parent, soldier, auto mechanic, physical therapist, body piercer, construction worker, police officer

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Apparently I can work as assassin, astronaut or mercenary.
    Sounds great.
    Equivalent of INTP in MBTI.

Your Global5/SLOAN type is RLUEI
    Your Primary type is Inquisitive

Extroversion results were moderately low which suggests you are reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.
    Orderliness results were medium which suggests you are moderately organized, structured, and self controlled while still remaining flexible, varied, and fun.
    Emotional Stability results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.
    Accommodation results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly selfish, uncooperative, and difficult at the expense of the well being of others.
    Inquisitiveness results were moderately high which suggests you are intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

favored careers:
    philosopher, freelance writer, novelist, author, astronomer, book editor, freelance artist, scholar, bookstore owner, bookseller, screenwriter, philosophy professor, poet, cinematographer, artist, playwright, librarian, comic book artist, art historian, publisher, archeologist, scientist, composer, video game designer, egyptologist, museum curator, researcher, paleontologist, anthropologist, musician, genetics researcher, historian, theologian, research psychologist, art director, research scientist, songwriter, history professor, linguist, computer animator, professor of english, illustrator, painter, assassin, cartoonist, library assistant, travel writer, curator, film critic, environmental scientist, filmmaker, journalist, english professor, aerospace engineer, political scientist, computer scientist, art curator, audio engineer, archivist, art education, college professor, academic, technical writer, webmaster, animator, psychoanalyst, music journalist, geneticist, astronaut, research assistant, software developer, website designer, movie director, web developer, film editor, copywriter, digital artist, editor music therapist, geologist, web designer, biologist, biochemist, mercenary

Extroversion |||||||||| 38%
    Orderliness |||||||||||||||||| 70%
    Emotional Stability |||||||||||||| 60%
    Accommodation |||||||||||||| 52%
    Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||| 60%
    Your Global5/SLOAN type is RCOAI
    Your Primary type is
    Organized
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 07-12-2015 at 10:47 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Extroversion |||||| 26%
    Orderliness |||||||||||||||| 62%
    Emotional Stability |||||||||||| 42%
    Accommodation |||||||||||| 48%
    Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||| 74%

The Big Five is currently the most accepted personality model in the scientific community. The Big Five emerged from the work of multiple independent scientists/researchers starting in the 1950s who using different techniques obtained similar results. Those results were that there are five distinct personality traits/dimensions. Here are your results on each dimension:

Extroversion results were low which suggests you are very reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and private.

Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were moderately low which suggests you are worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.

Accommodation results were medium which suggests you are moderately kind natured, trusting, and helpful while still maintaining your own interests.

Inquisitiveness results were high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

RCOEI; primary Inquisitive; R(68%)X(50%)O(54%)E(66%)I(74%)

RLUEI description and favored careers seems to fit a little better.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

RCUEI is what I typically get.

TIM
    EIE-Ni6w5p4w31w2sxsp
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually sLuen (or SLUEN) for me. Limbic is the only one that's really more than 6%age points away from 50%.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did a test cause I couldn't be bothered to read through all 32 types. I got RCUAN. I don't agree with some of the stuff on it though. But a lot of it fits.

uncompetitive, unadventurous, level emotions, not bothered by disorder, not spontaneous, dislikes the spotlight, does not like to display anger, backs down when threatened, risk averse, unambitious, disorganized, messy, unconcerned with prestige/impressiveness, not detail oriented, not manipulative, slow to acquire skills, patient, not relationship obsessed, not aggressive, not wild and crazy, not physically affectionate with most people, underachiever, easily deterred, no interest in leadership, inattentive to the social hierarchy, not superficial, independent, not self absorbed, does not look for hidden meaning in things, modest, can be easily deterred, patient, embarrassed by praise, tolerant, not guided by moods, not very inquisitive, not easily frustrated, not prone to jealousy, easily confused, forgiving, not punctual, easy to satisfy, rarely prepared, private, avoids crowds, attached to conventional ways, not interested in science, slow to judge others, not open about feelings, not prone to addiction, positive, patient, not interested in abstract ideas, feels ordinary, willing to try new things, not materialistic

favored careers:
    animal trainer, construction worker, zoo keeper, firefighter, tattoo artist, race car driver, mechanic, guitarist, preschool teacher, police officer, graphic designer, childcare worker, soldier, military employee, carpenter, truck driver, cook, auto mechanic, computer animator, construction manager, video game designer, wildlife biologist, photographer, pilot, horse trainer, paramedic, special education teacher, technician, mechanic, veterinarian, veterinary tech, forest ranger, bounty hunter, mercenary, cashier, animator, nurse, illustrator, career in art education, electrician, body piercer, special education worker, music performer, plumber, elementary education teacher, chef, social services worker, kindergarten teacher, baker, bartender, artist
    disfavored careers:
    university professor, executive, project manager, event coordinator, ambassador, supervisor, academic, business manager, international business specialist, business consultant, strategist, ceo, philosophy professor, scholar, business administrator
    Last edited by Aquamarine; 09-23-2021 at 05:28 PM.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get RLOAI.
    withdrawn, loner, not wild and crazy, does not like the spotlight, worrying, crowd averse, afraid to draw attention to self, easily hurt, fearful, prone to low physical fitness, fears mistakes, prone to health problems, hard to get to know, risk averse, unable to speak up for self, becomes overwhelmed by events, not self confident, depressed, embarrassed by praise, prefers organized to unpredictable, apprehensive about new encounters, not good at telling jokes, easily intimidated, quiet around strangers, socially unskilled, easily offended, avoids being a bother to anyone, anxious, plays it safe, not spontaneous, some attraction to things associated with sadness, easily discouraged, apologetic, private, requires lots of time alone to recharge, self loathing, avoidant, second guesses self, low energy level, values solitude, not physically affectionate with most people, not competitive, lonely, hesitant, thinks before acting, not aggressive, very clean, feels unattractive, stressed, proper, values rules and regulations, plain, avoids small talk, resigned

I wouldn't say I'm "easily hurt" or "self loathing." I admit it can be difficult to speak up for myself but I do if I'm pushed. I think my jokes are OK. I wouldn't say I'm difficult to get to know. I've never considered myself or been told I'm easily offended. I can be competitive. Don't think I'm particularly clean. Don't know what "proper" means or what it means to value rules and regulations. The rest is fine.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrInternet View Post
    Shit man ok
    Yeah these were brutal.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SCUEI
    (3.3% of women; 5.3% of men)
    not afraid of doing the wrong things, does not value rules and regulations, prefers unpredictable to organized, does not accomplish work on time, needs to maintain high levels of excitement, out for own personal gain, not afraid to draw attention to self, more pleasure seeking than responsible, not bothered by disorder, retaliatory, thrives on the rush of risk taking, unpredictable, asks questions that nobody else does, often does not know what they are doing, spontaneous, first to act, not easily hurt, not apprehensive about new encounters, does not readily admit mistakes, not a perfectionist, not apologetic, disorganized, socially comfortable, outgoing, calm in crisis, fearless, atheist/agnostic tendencies, good at getting people to have fun, opinionated, not easily moved to tears, sexually immodest, adventurous, unconventional, aggressive, often late, high energy level, likes the spotlight, ambivalent about the needs of others, worry free, acts without thinking or planning, bad at saving money, selfish

favored careers:

philosopher, philosophy professor, film director, comedian, rock star, international spy, freelance writer, filmmaker, ambassador, movie director, screenwriter, diplomat, movie producer, astronaut, dictator, cinematographer, novelist, author, entertainer, playwrite, politician, performer, creative director, radio broadcaster, assassin, freelance artist, actor, music performer, dj, media industry, broadcast journalist, music producer, musician, egyptologist, poet, art director, performing arts, film critic, political analyst, fighter pilot, theater industry, tv producer, travel writer, strategist, photojournalist, reporter, scientist, songwriter, theater director, composer, film editor, broadcaster, college professor, casting director, astronomer, pilot, news anchor, radio dj, activist, anthropologist, psychoanalyst, sound engineer, entrepreneur, mercenary, artist, political scientist
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

>Extraversion 7/100
    >Neuroticism 100/100
    >Conscientiousness 44/100
    >Agreeableness 75/100
    >Openness 95/100

RLuaI

moody, not good at sports, low energy level, unable to speak up for self, avoidant, depressed, withdrawn, attracted to things associated with sadness, easily frightened, feels defective, lonely, no self confidence, easily discouraged, avoids crowds, backs down when threatened, easily intimidated, socially unskilled, loner, unproductive, late with work, prone to health problems, focuses on fantasies more than reality, self loathing, wounded at the core, easily hurt, often sad, becomes overwhelmed by events, fearful, rarely prepared, fears doing the wrong thing, often aware how the color and lighting of a room affects their mood, feels untalented, quiet around strangers, prone to addiction, doubting, anxious, easily confused, frequently overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, weak sense of purpose, relates to broken and discarded things, unsure where life is going, continually losing things, fears drawing attention to self, avoids unnecessary interaction, often bored, second guesses self, embarrassed by praise, worrying, resigned, prone to jealousy

=>