Thread: ESI-SLE Supervision Relations (ISFj and ESTp)

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLEs an LIEs can superficially be quite similar. I've had my fair share of "mutual interest" with IEIs too (although probably victim-victim is much harder to start when compared to aggressor-aggressor). I'm not really sure if I'd consider ESIs hard to get when compared to IEIs, since the latter tends to be "+ infinity" wrt that characteristic

IDK though I think an SLE-Se can get along sufficiently well with an ESI, although of course they won't provide each other any - however they would probably be OK if they had a certain number of dual close friends.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say yeah, because like you said the ESI female wants to take care of the Fi in the male SLE, and the SLE unfortunately just goes along with it (and they both fall for it, that theme), and even wants to prove himself solely to the girl at first (think of introverted supervision as different from extroverted supervision). I would suspect male ESI and female SLE are not as common either, but I don't know for sure.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps supervision marriages happen more frequently because the supervisor mistakes the supervisee for their dual.

sounds like a good theory about male SLE's and female ESI's though.

my SLE ex had an ESI actual supervisor at work. he used to call her pumpkinhead because slamming her appearance was the only tool he had....he was basically rendered somewhat useless under her baleful eye.

lol

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think it is because the supervisee sees the supervisor as a very good match at least initially and actively pursues them. The supervisor is flattered by the attention and gives in. I've seen an IEI guy pursue an LIE girl, she was like a high value target for him, but fortunately she kept a close distance so that relationship never got off the ground.

An ILE I've dated would get impressed by EIIs all the time and actively pursue them. He had pretty high self esteem and a good dose of self-confidence when it came to relationships, so he would go for girls whom he felt to be a worthy match for himself. He was considering moving to another country for work and at the same time corresponding with an EII over facebook. He said he considered her to be the best match he could ever get plus he was moving to a new country and he said he was scared to go there alone without a partner. So it was mostly a logical decision for him. Now a year into his marriage he is already not that happy, but she is pregnant so I guess he will be staying in these supervisory relations for a long while.
    Last edited by silke; 12-24-2013 at 06:37 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    He said he considered her to be the best match he could ever get plus he was moving to a new country and he said he was scared to go there alone without a partner. So it was mostly a logical decision for him. Now a year into his marriage he is already not that happy, but she is pregnant so I guess he will be staying in these supervisory relations for a long while.
    that's kinda what I think happened in these other relationships. They were ready to settle down and it made sense logically. They acquired what they considered at first to be partners who were a bit unattainable. They felt like they were marrying "up" and then over time....
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

What happened with my parents is that Mum found Dad really charming and exciting. Later I think she decided she could "fix" him and so stuck with it... then stuck around for my sake before finally just giving up.