TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Election day in 6 days!

In the United States.

I have to say, the current crop of GOP candidates may well be the craziest it has ever been. I'm not sure what will happen in these next few days, but I do know that the campaign for 2012 begins on Nov. 2. Obviously that campaign will inexorably be a matter of freedom, as the madly authoritarian American conservative fringe seeks to oppress through subversive means the Left that they despise. There are already signs of this, as one Republican has sought to exploit what she thinks to be a loophole allowing her to broadcast graphic pictures of aborted fetuses over Washington, D.C.'s primetime airwaves. (the broadcasting stations claim that because she is a registered candidate, even though it is plain that she does not have a chance of winning the election and, moreover, realizes this).

She'll be surprised when they put the handcuffs on her over it. Misrepresentation *is* generally against the law. Same for that Green guy in South Carolina... and his backer.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Harry's going down!

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Harry's going down!
    I hope not. His would-be replacement would probably go nuts trying to eliminate funding for the sciences. Tea party people are insane.

Have you seen the latest pic of her on Politico?

No matter how you look at it, that is not the face of a good person.

Look at that avarice... she looks like a villain from a Disney film. And it's not a "bad shot", either: in every shot she looks like a mad dog.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Tea party people are insane.
    The candidate supported by the Tea Party didn't win the primaries.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Democracy is immoral.

~~tcaud~~
    Last edited by Capitalist Pig; 10-27-2010 at 07:34 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    Democracy is immoral.
    Democrat-Fe
    Republiican-Te

Have you seen their advertisements? Republicans present the facts. Democrats present pictures of people crying.
    Last edited by Marie84; 10-27-2010 at 03:37 AM. Reason: accidental edit, no changes made

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    Democracy is immoral.
    Depends. Not applicable to a Republic, but I know what you meant.

Anyway lol @ above picture. Also, if you type the advertising campaigns set forth by the party, you're going to have to re-type them per advert and per advert policy every new election. They're all so different.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    The candidate supported by the Tea Party didn't win the primaries.
    Keep saying that and maybe it will come true.

The Tea Party is not a "party". It is a movement founded upon conservative arrogance and overconfidence, particularly on a personal level. Angle is pretty much, supersocionics-wise, the living embodiment of that overconfidence, which is why she is their leader and standard-bearer.

What's really going on in this country today, is you have one half of the country telling a smaller, but politically decisive fragment that is the very definition of self-reliance and independence (and by extension, overconfidence) that they CAN'T overcome anything. This makes that fragment very upset, because they hate being told what they can and cannot do (whether there is a theory behind it or not), and with a significant number of that lecturing half actually sitting home on election day (due to recalcitrance), that angry minority has an opportunity to take out their rage, and the people who may or may not wholly disagree with that rage, but nonetheless see it as the means to a nice title which would make them feel really good about themselves, are going to try to foment it any way they can.

One of the consequences of this tide is that Obama will be invincible, because by 2012 the rage, having been given an opportunity to vent, will be gone, and besides that the current GOP is so far right that none of its presidential candidates can be taken seriously by anybody on the Left. Left voters may not understand the importance of holding both the legislative and executive branches of government, but Iraq has taught them well the power of the presidency, and the personal importance of checking its power.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 10-27-2010 at 12:16 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Keep saying that and maybe it will come true.
    They gave me a brochure supporting Bill Parson. He did not win the primaries.

Reed may not be bad for you, but he's bad for the state he's supposed to represent, and I'll enjoy having him thrown facefirst into a gutter.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari