Thread: What's my type?

Hybrid View

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's my type?

Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 05-16-2011 at 06:20 AM.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I'm not really looking into becoming part of the community right now, so I'll try to be concise for both our sakes. I hope you can excuse my selfishness .
    That's no problem for me. I always thought there should be guest accounts for people who only wanted some quick advice about their type.

1.) I am confused about IM elements. I will release my knowledge of Jungian typology and MBTI.
    What is:

And LLI, does it not have ? And ILI not ?
    First off, you should forget everything you know about MBTI functions, seriously. Most of us learned about MBTI before they got to know socionics. But the definitions of the IE are different and it can be very confusing if you don't mind their actual meaning in socionics. I don't know if you know it yet, but Wikisocion is the typical source for information. There you can find definitions of IEs, type and subtype descriptions ect. You should take a look.

And yes, LII is and ILI is .

2.) I need help typing myself. Here's some information:
    Firstly, I am an MBTI INTP. I love understanding things and being creative. I long for close and authentic relations yet always seem to lose the ones I start. I feel overwhelmed by having to perform general maintencne and going out to get errands done. I'd rather do something myself than rely on another or be embarrassed by social awkwardness. I love leisure time, I seem to slip into comfortableness easily if I start to introspect. I easy going, but not initially because people are too superficial for me. I can play along but it won't be my full self unless you're worth it.
    That sounds rather INTp to me, especially the bolded parts. Don't listen to those people who say you just have to swith j and p if you want to find out your socionics/mbti type. That might work, but it's quite unreliable.

ESE mother/grandmother - ...

SEE sister/female friend - ...
    These two would also point out that you are INTp, but only if you typed these people correctly. That's the catch. Of course, LII wouldn't fit because you mother/grandmother would be your dual then you you would have to get along great. But duals and conflictors can be appear to be quite similar at the first glance. I would only rely on those information if yre really 100% sure about the other typings (or let's say 80%).

SLE female friend - One word: lust.
    Hmm, as LII, SLEs would be your supervisors. Not a very friendly relation. As ILI, that would be a relation of Semi-Duality - okay, I'd say, but not perfect.

SLI male friend/grandfather - Feeling of mutual understanding and relief that there is somone I can finally relate to on my own terms.
    That's quite interesting. I'm ILI and I have one best friend. Unfortunately, he refuses to take tests or think about his type, but I'd type him SLI, too (he could also be ILI or something else, though). And interestingly, I'd describe our friendship exactly as you did. We often have very similar thoughts and can understand each other pretty well. I've never met someone else who was like this.

IEE female - Noticed her eyes and enthusiasm. Admired her for being adequate at comprehending concepts but felt sympathy towards her when she made intellectual blunders. I wanted to help her understand better and bring her into my world.
    Well, as LII you would be her supervisor, and as ILI you were in a Illusionary Relationship with her. I can't really make a statement about that, sorry. If you want to read about the intertype relations, you can use Wikisocion as well or this page.

Thanks in advance.
    You're welcome.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 05-16-2011 at 06:21 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The inter-type relations described in the original post describe ILI (INTp) perfectly. If you typed those around you right, you are fo sho

Not surprising at all considering you already know you're INTP, but that's a separate issue
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok.

I still don't understand the difference between Socionic's T/N and MBTI T/N. But at least, I'm confident in my type.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't understand the difference between Socionic's T/N and MBTI T/N.

I don't see any differences dichotomy wise. I'd forget everything you know about MBTI functions tho. Find some sources describing socionics and to see if you find something you relate to. I'd suggest wikisocion:
    Intuitive Logical Introtim - Wikisocion
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I am INTp then that would mean I value ? But I don't concern my self with the trends of time, knowing the unknowable, and the love of finding the missing piece. Nor do I value productivity and purposeful work. I'd rather build conceptual models accompanied by outlandish theories to explain recurrent phenomena.
    Hm, these two things are typical for ILIs. That's actually no problem if you still think you're ILI, because no description will ever be 100% correct. But the bolded part sounds like valued . However, if you build these models and think of these unconventional ideas for matters of reality, it's a Gamma NT thing again.

But as Crispy said, the intertype relations point out ILI, if your typings of the other persons are correct.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the confusing part, every time I read IM Elements for Socionics they always seem to correlate with MBTI, the differences I find are in the descriptions of types and function hierarchy. The subtypes don't really help much. I've read a lot of Balzac(if humor is any help I find Balzac ironic and hilarious) descriptions though and I really identify with those. I'm knowledgeable and insightful but lazy. I wouldn't consider myself a super genius that's determined to succeed in Academia/Science/Mathematics.

If I am INTp then that would mean I value ? But I don't concern my self with the trends of time, knowing the unknowable, and the love of finding the missing piece. Nor do I value productivity and purposeful work. I'd rather build conceptual models accompanied by outlandish theories to explain recurrent phenomena.

Well with the SLE I did not dislike her, it was just I felt such joy and internal peace being around her. It really felt spiritual, but every time we connected we would be split by our different life values. I say lust because it was like a tease the whole time.

I had an EIE teacher who was very much into religion, English history, plays and pop music. I tended to act out a lot in his class to cha
    nge the ridiculous atmosphere of the room but it seemed I was always the only one audacious enough. When I gave in I felt like my soul was defeated in battle, I was his subordinate. If this means anything I could have sworn he was the Devil.
    Haha! You are coming off extremely LII to me . I wouldn't base your type off those you typed; you may be wrong or you may be right, but either way your type isn't relative to them, but relative to yourself, you know what I'm sayin? Also, if those are carried over from MBTI they won't make sense.

Tell me; did you feel obligated to speak out against the ridiculous nature of your class because it was absurd, illogical, stupid, etc. or because it was so expressive, silly and dramatic and demanded expressiveness from you? I'll let you know ahead of time that is an attempt to question your disposition towards Ti and Fe.

Also, I can't make out any obvious type. From what you've written it's certain you are an introverted NT, but which one I'm still doubtful about.

Another question; what type do you want to be? ILI or LII, based on what you've read so much on wikisocion?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Tell me; did you feel obligated to speak out against the ridiculous nature of your class because it was absurd, illogical, stupid, etc. or because it was so expressive, silly and dramatic and demanded expressiveness from you? I'll let you know ahead of time that is an attempt to question your disposition towards Ti and Fe.
    The latter. It was an English Literature class, and while I do enjoy medieval themes, I think romantic poems and plays are the most sorriest sh...*ahem* I do not like them very much. It is my understanding that Ni is the demonstrative function for LII and I am very comical of theater and conspiracies. Another cause for my confusion. I prefer Fi-Ne to Fe-Ni in terms of fantasy, according to the MBTI descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Another question; what type do you want to be? ILI or LII, based on what you've read so much on wikisocion?
    When it comes to function layout and description - LII, but as for intertype relations ILI describes me better.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to be describing Fe as PoLR (Vulnerable Function).

Fe as a vulnerable (4th) function (ILI and SLI)
    The individual tries hard to never let himself "come apart at the seams" emotionally or even let out strong feelings publicly, because displays of passion do not come naturally and make him feel self-consciousness and vulnerable to painful criticism. This makes the individual generally seem emotionally neutral and politely indifferent to excitement and agitation around him. The individual deeply dislikes attempts by others to get him to "cheer up" or "join the fun", especially in the context of group activities with loud emotional expression.
    You can compare this with LII's vulnerable function, Se:
    Se as a vulnerable (4th) function (LII and EII)
    The individual tends to overreact to aggressive or confrontational behavior, taking it as a personal threat when it may only be a knee-jerk reaction or the result of a bad mood.

He tends to avoid intruding on others' space or engaging in behavior that may be perceived as coercive, and tries hard to handle his needs by being disciplined and well-prepared himself - rather than relying on others to do things for him. If these strategies fail, his efforts at dealing with the resulting conflict make him look actively pushy in a way that appears awkward and unnatural to others. This opens him up to painful criticism and feelings of weakness and helplessness.

He is able to moralize and instruct others about what they should do and why, but he is not prepared for others' active resistance or refusal to do as he says. In his mind, this would require him to put aside reason and good feelings and simply make the other person do what is necessary. This is extremely difficult, if not impossible, for him to do.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)