Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    ...is the complete psychological comfort.
    Yes, but I think you're downplaying the importance of that.

Two people can be completely the same in all the right ways (beliefs, goals, etc), but if they aren't able to click in the way duality is supposed to then it's not going to be as good as it would seem it should.

On the flip side, if duals are different in many ways and the people haven't become closed to other ways of doing/seeing things, then the relationship can prove to be enlightening in more than just socionic-related ways.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Yes, but I think you're downplaying the importance of that.

Two people can be completely the same in all the right ways (beliefs, goals, etc), but if they aren't able to click in the way duality is supposed to then it's not going to be as good as it would seem it should.

On the flip side, if duals are different in many ways and the people haven't become closed to other ways of doing/seeing things, then the relationship can prove to be enlightening in more than just socionic-related ways.
    This. I married my conflictor--we had almost exactly the same beliefs, same values, same worldviews. But the reasoning behind that was totally different for each of us, we expressed ourselves differently, and even if we could agree on our goals, we could not achieve them together because despite our monumental efforts and good intentions, nothing lined up properly.

And ... I am a little embarrassed to say this, but apparently I have met a dual and have begun "dualizing." It's early stages; maybe nothing will come of it. But anyway, yes, some of our views differ, and some (but not all!) of our strengths/weaknesses are opposite ... in some ways we contrast starkly. But we share more in common than I would have thought; it has taken several months to realize that, in part because both of us have been cagey, not exposing things to the other that we anticipated, based on earlier relationships, would be found undesirable. Our early communication was somewhat like a sparring match.

Then something shifted, and I began to trust him and enjoy him in a really profound way. Now, the truth is, although I met him before I knew about Socionics, I'm not certain I would have stuck with this long enough to discover what might be possible between us if it were not for Socionics. The beginning was not so promising. And if we pursue the relationship, it will not be entirely easy.

We have the same sense of humor, we value each other's actual good and bad points, we want to live our lives in the same way. Where we do differ, somehow I find that enlightening, exciting, fascinating--it doesn't seem to create an impasse. I don't think I'm explaining this very well, grrr.

The value of being truly understood by another person is inestimable.To be able to offer that understanding in return makes me feel amazingly strong. And I didn't realize what it meant to BE understood, because it's certainly much more than beliefs or ideas.

Compared to what I have had--relationships in which the accord was more on the surface than deep--this kind of dynamic is much more what I would like love and partnership to be. The beauty of difference in an atmosphere of comfort and trust. Sounds corny and silly, but now that I have a taste of it, I want more. And the best part is, he doesn't bore me!!!!!!!

So wish me luck, because in fact, I'm sort of terrified. :\
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So wish me luck, because in fact, I'm sort of terrified. :\
    I'll say good luck, or should I focus on the last part too, and say..be afraid....be very afraid

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, REALLY the ONLY benefit of breathing is that it keeps you alive! Jesus! Why don't we just stop now!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    So, REALLY the ONLY benefit of breathing is that it keeps you alive! Jesus! Why don't we just stop now!
    Out of the 15 individuals who contributed to this thread, I bet only myself and likely at most two others know how to breathe properly.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    LOL exactly!!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx