TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Cool, that's roughly what I figured.

Yeah, I'm often like that as well. In my opinion it's related to Intuition, and in particular Ne-Ego. Sensors tend to be more "at one" with their bodies.

Questions regarding your Boarding hobby: when you go boarding, do you find it necessary to go with a group of friends, or is it something you've been known to practice by yourself? If you have a group of friends you go boarding with, are the majority of them more skilled than you, or less skilled?

By the way, is it snowboarding, skateboarding, or surfboarding? Or some other kind of boarding?

It can be a sign of introversion, but the sort of zoning out he described sounds more like Ne to me.
    When people are talking and esp when it doesn't relate to my current state, I zone out. Maybe it's irrational introversion.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    All things considered, my first guess as to your type would be IEE. Here's my reasoning:
    Krig, actually i think you're right!

Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    When people are talking and esp when it doesn't relate to my current state, I zone out. Maybe it's irrational introversion.
    I zone in and out even if it might relate to my current state .

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You come off as mega ILE to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingZulu View Post
    What do I hate I dislike heavily getting told what to do, especially when the person isn't at a position to boss me around. Cant think of anything else at the moment.
    Definitely not in an Se (extroverted sensing) valuing quadra. These quadras can be very competetive, at their best can be good at taking physical initiative and can be good motivators (albeit a bit forceful), at their worst can come off as territorial and commanding.
    If someone commands or demands you to do something, does it make you frustrated and flustered?

Can you come up with possibilities and ideas to certain things or anything or would you rather concentrate at the task on hand?
    I think the answer to this is the former. Something I noticed when I was new to Framing was that my boss would keep telling me "are you listening?" I definatly have a tendency to go off on my own tangent. I was half-listening to him and half-connecting the information I was getting to the things currently solid in my mind and thinking of the theory behind it. Im all over the place man.
    I find this very indicative of Ne. 'All over the place' is very characteristic of Ne, if that's something you would heavily and confidently describe yourself with consider this; Ne can be 'scattered' as it is preoccupied with considering many different things at once. Ne actively seeks and produces novelties by considering many different possibilities. When they are skeptical or genuinely curious (as they generally are), they can produce many 'what ifs' when they are listening to some idea or system.

@Thanks Arthur
    Would you say you get restless/fidgety/bored easily?
    A lot of the time, yes, it does seem like theres not enough for me to do.

About the Bossing thing. I have an example. Sorry if this goes on to long. I was working at one place for 2 months and a guy I worked with, for a few weeks. It really bothered me when he would point out mistakes I was making. Or i'd be trying to visualize how to tackle a problem and he would jump in and tell me how I should do it and it was like a hammer hit me on the head as I was solving the issue.

How sociable would you say you are compared to your friends?
    I think I'm a bit more sociable then my regular group of friends. Probably because my girlfriend has a lot of the Partying type friends so I usually come along with them and I do have a good time.

And do you feel more comfortable in really big groups, or smaller, friendlier gatherings?

Smaller and friendlier. Its better to feel connected to a few great friends then disconnected to a group of them.
    Is there not enough of everything for you or is there not enough of you for everything?

As for your comments on socializing, it can go one of two ways. You are Fi ego and you are adept at creating emotional bonds between you and the people around you while discussing real world problems or the practical feasibility (real world application) of the discussion matter while avoiding overly theoretical talk (you like a more serious bent to your conversation). Stereotyped as consisting of smaller groups with conservative emotional displays (reserved, not loud).
    Or you are Ti ego and you enjoy experiencing lots of loud laughter, dramatic and seemingly over-played emotions as well as emotionally open atmosphere where people take everything with a grain of salt and no one takes the jokes especially seriously (nobody takes offense, and if they do they are willing to go along with the joke to preserve the emotional integrity of the situation). Stereotyped as having bigger groups with a loud and friendly atmosphere.

^smaller groups = Fi but more overtly friendly = Fe

What does Ne-ego mean exactly.
    Ne.. extrovert intuition if im correct?

When you can get hurt do you have lingering feelings or do you let go of them and move on?
    *some failure talk*

So at times I probably come off as a goof and I know it, always cracking a joke. My friends seem to love me for giving them an ab workout all the time haha. To be honest I envy guys who are emotional rocks and dont need positive feedback from their peers to support them.

I focus on bonding with people because it makes me feel more connected. Its weird I know they're my friends and they wont stop being friends because I make a jerk comment or something but sometimes I get choked up and retreat and i get a little antisocial to reflect on what I did and why I shouldn't do it. Theres a feeling like they'll dislike me in the end. Not to the point of paranoia tho. Just guilty feelings.
    That talk about failure makes me think there was an Se ego in your household that you reacted poorly to.
    Your comment about 'emotional rocks' makes me think you are Fe valuing, because Fe involves lots of overt displays of emotion like laughter and smiles, which would support you if you needed that kind of display to get encouragement. The other option is that you are IEE with Fi and you would feel most comfortable around an fe POLR or role (bad at Fe) type, which is generalized as willing to say and do things without taking into account the emotional consequences and will generally be expressionless because they don't feel comfortable/able to display how exactly their feeling which they consider irrelevant to the interaction anyway.

I should also say that I deeply respected his information, he definatly knew what he was talking about. I was just trying to compensate for a lack of skill with thinking ahead.

This is interesting hahah Because its often that I feel like I'm positioned in a weird way, idk why tho.
    Was the way in which he was describing to you a systematic explanation (this is why we need this is why we need this relates to this) or was it more of an information based description (this is this, this is this, this is this)? Also, you find yourself positioned awkwardly because of Ne, which is characterized as lack of immediate attention given to one's physical surroundings (which would be Se). That is IF you are an Ne ego which I am almost positive at this point you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    He's the typical physical thrill seeker, doesn't that ring a bell to anyone?

He calls himself a low energy type, how the heck is that extraverted.
    I like physical thrills and seek them out occasionally. I'm not certain that would be type related. However, if you could explain more what you meant by low energy Zulu it would help clear up misconceptions, as introverts can be described as low energy and extroverts are stereotyped as always active.

ANYWAY, Read this if nothing else

I am with Krig on this one but I think I see some Fi POLR examples in your writing that I missed. In any case, I honestly can't picture you being anything other than an Ne type, so read the following and tell us what you think;
    Intuitive Logical Extratim - Wikisocion
    Intuitive Ethical Extratim - Wikisocion -krig already posted it and some others
    ^Wikisocion.org is good and comprehensible for most of your socionics needs. Check out the vocab page, it's great to get a quick understanding of Ne, Ti and Fi/Fe;
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Vocabulary

Compilation of important questions taken out of context;

If someone commands or demands you to do something, does it make you frustrated and flustered?

Is there not enough of everything for you (lacking stuff to do) or is there not enough of you for everything (lacking the time to do everything you want to)?

Was the way in which he [your coworker] was describing to you a systematic explanation (this is why we need this is why we need this relates to this) or was it more of an information based description (this is this, this is this, this is this)?

if you could explain more what you meant by low energy Zulu it would help clear up misconceptions, as introverts can be described as low energy and extroverts are stereotyped as always active

Some other things you can do to obtain a more conclusive answer;

Tell me what descriptions in my post you relate to. Or write a whole bunch of stuff, don't hold back. In fact, I would prefer you just wrote like an essay of who you think you are and such, as when someone begins an essay about their personality they start out guarded and defensive but around the third paragraph or so they become more relaxed and loose with their writing style.

PS I hope you found this post helpful and not over complicated or daunting. Socionics has a bit of an entry curve to it so yeah, there is a lot of vocab learning to begin with as well as some abstract descriptions it takes a while to get your head wrapped around. The only way to get better at socionics is to try to apply the descriptions to real life - if you ask your questions here or give examples of interactions we can help you out.
    The thing is, you've really got to hold a magnifying glass up to everything you do to get your own type. You can give us stuff to pick apart here and relate to functions, but the more you write the less a chance we are picking up on something that is not really there (know what I mean?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a ton Skeptic (did you change your name today?)! I read your whole post and it gave me a lot to think about. I'l definatly respond with a longer post and keep in mind that socionics is about how we think (I may have been looking at certain things through 'this is what i would do'). I'l reply as soon as I can

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah like i mentioned before, you VI more ILE than IEE, but like skeptic says, ultimately u have to figure out whether you hate Fi or love it, and vice versa (sorta) with Fe.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

VI-wise i think Zulu looks like some Filatova IEEs. i agree that IEE is a good bet based on the information Zulu provided (not just on VI).

I focus on bonding with people because it makes me feel more connected.
    People often see me as a kind and compassionate guy
    these statements speak very strongly against ILE imo - not polr.

Im constantly trying to revamp myself to make myself a better person and at the sametime I know there is so much to work on
    focus on positive self-development is a Delta quadra theme. (Zulu you can read about the four quadras here: Socionics :: Quadras)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    these statements speak very strongly against ILE imo - not polr.
    I know what you mean, but it's the statements that surrounded those that make me really hesitant to claim either way. The bolded;

What does Ne-ego mean exactly.
    I focus on bonding with people because it makes me feel more connected. Its weird I know they're my friends and they wont stop being friends because I make a jerk comment or something but sometimes I get choked up and retreat and i get a little antisocial to reflect on what I did and why I shouldn't do it. Theres a feeling like they'll dislike me in the end. Not to the point of paranoia tho. Just guilty feelings.
    The underlined makes me think IEE. The bolded make me feel like he slips here and there and makes 'jerk comments' (Fi polr) and becomes anxious as to whether or not he's liked (Fe super-id because he has shown before he is made more confident by visible 'support' from those around him).

And here;

In the SLE page you offered there is a bunch of things I can instantly rule out.
    People often see me as a kind and compassionate guy although I can get out of line.
    'Get out of line' could mean humor, comments or general discussion that isn't politically correct. I feel as though he's contrasting the two by putting them in the same sentence; 'can be kind and compassionate but can also be offensive and abrasive at times'.

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have not read the entire thread, but based upon your first few responses and VI, I'd have to go with SLI / ISTp.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I meant to reply last night but I wasnt clear headed when I came back haha

Im thinking of where to begin. I guess I'l take a look at last night. Yesterday was my friends birthday, we went to a classy underground bar in downtown, the only person I knew was her. When I found their room there was a feeling of nervousness in me, worrying about the types of friends she might have. After she came and gave me a hug I sat down in the middle of the room, but almost immediately realized I had made a mistake hahah I dont like being in the middle because of the direct attention, so I sat near somepeople who looked friendly. I got along pretty good with them. At the beginning I was really trying to get over my initial shyness, but after I found that they were all interesting people who were very nice i started being more talkative, on joking haha which they responded well. Except I think one girl thought I was annoying, oh well.
    My friend Lauren, the bday girl sent me a text later in the night saying "Are you okay?" and I was fine, infact I was feeling good. She thought I was being quiet, to which I responded "Oh im just very introverted when I'm in a party setting" thinking "Hey thats something I should write in my essay."
    Then the rest of the night when fantastic, her friends were great, I drove a few home, got invited to another party so it seems the night was a success.

Back to that one thing though; it does seem true. To myself I Always feel introverted, but to lauren I was extroverted. At her party I acted introverted. It must be that I feel confortable speaking my mind to her, and I have a lot to share. Which tends to be anecdotes of the strange things I see and stuff like that. Oh yeah and it was really nice seeing her brothers who she told me a lot about. Me and her brother Oscar connected on our hobby interest space and physics etc.

Okay this is a day after I wrote the above, Ive been really busy with family and friends since this is yesterday and today are thanksgiving for me. Sorry ^^
    So back to my confusion.. It seems like Im extraverted with feelings and ethics to somepeople/somedays but also introverted in some settings. Maybe everyone gets that way sometimes. I'l reflect on this and wonder what is the 'essence' of me and this switch of temperments makes me inconclusive.
    In the spirit of my time with that bossy coworker, I can go through a long period of self-restraint and then Booom I explode and I cant stop myself, I know I'm being a dick but I cant help it. I hate these outbursts, self-control is very important to me but very difficult to attain.
    There are times where I believe that I'm mean to "people I see as lower in social status" however its not social status, they just bug me. I feel terrible because Im not sure if I'm allowed to feel anger towards them.
    Urgh, this all started from when I was a kid. [In my eyes] I was never allowed to feel how I wanted to feel. If I was cranky, I was a 'loser', sad - 'a pussy', angry - "out of control", quiet "anti-social", and so on. In elementary I had to bring my younger brother home from school each day, and he was always fighting with his classmates. After wrestling them off of him or vice versa, and we were home, then i'd have to babysit him while my parents were at the bar. And then they came back my dad would dump all of his anger and shit talks about work to me, when i'd want to go to bed I was called names. Idk theres so much about my childhood that you guys dont want to hear but the end result was that I became so confused about who I am because I found myself adapting to so many situations that I couldn't keep track of 'me'.
    Right now I feel like being nice is a sort of charade masking an inner ugliness. I forgot who said this but "trying to be his duel" sounds plausible for me. I am nice though, and I have geniune empathy for those in pain. I cant stand to hear injustice because thats was every moment for me in my old home. Im broken and need to be fixed. So... I try to pluck away at this to be better inside and out. Often when someone critiques my persona it crushes me because I feel like i've failed at this task.

My introversion sometimes makes me feel transparent, like I'm some distant observer watching my surroundings, at the clubs I catch myself looking around and seeing all the different types of people (I think im a pro at VI lol) and how the mingle. I think thats why socionics caught my eye lol.
    My extroversion is the reciprical, by that I mean my introverted thoughts are vocalized. This will be all my observations and connections, ironic events and stuff. So im not sure if I am a true extrovert.
    I believe I started being extroverted that way inorder to get peoples opinions on my thoughts, because I'm insecure of my their validity.

Also odd.. I sometimes imagine my friends or people I admire in my situations and what they would say and I try to mimic them. Although I definatly feel super fake when I do that. It also appears people see those actions as a little fake, never thought about that actually... I guess that makes me feel better since collectively they may see the things i do the entity they know as "Kyle." ... On that note, the other day my friend told me the humor in Get him to the Greek was very "Kyle" also... I'm calming down now.
    I feel like the people around me like me more than I like myself. When my girlfriend tells me she Loves me, I have trouble seeing what she loves about me although I believe her cause she can list a bunch off the top of her head. We've known eachother for 3 years btw and she is very important to me. Sometimes without her i'd be so lost in this existential mess, when I tell her my fears she can just cut through the bullshit and tell me exactly how it is. So many of my insecurities have been alleiviated since we've started dating. Hahah she can be pretty blunt but I appreciate it xD

My favorite things to do are testing my abilities, because those are concrete. If I'm good at somethings then no one can take that away. Im very proud of myself for being a small 5'7 120lb guy and being able to wrestle friends who are 210lbs (although I get my world rocked by some of them haha) or snowboarding with friends with way more experience, sparring bigger guys. Its always a fun little self-challenge. I try not to gloat when I win, but it slips. On the flip side Im a good sport when I lose. Pumps me up for another game

Im not always aware of my own needs or interests because sometimes when I agree to things, its because I dont want to say No and this can get me cranky for seemingly no reason to people. I guess that makes a push-over lol. Also when I actually do say what I want to do and get shut down, that bugs me cause I'm like "Grrr I always let you do what you want(in my head)" lol

Over all I feel like im a cheerful guy, I like when I can turn someones frown upside down or make a good friend know that I care about them (and I do). Those I know ARE genuine concerns of mine. Even people who piss me off, if they trust me enough to tell me their concerns, I want to respect that and hear them out. It also gives me a piece of their mind that I wasnt aware about and can make me understand them more. Understanding why people do the things that annoy me makes me a whole lot more tolerant because who am I to think I'm better than them..

I am nice, and kind, mean, hypocritcal, short-fused, long-fused, extreme and relaxed, dogmatic and patient, I guess all these things make me who I am. I suppose they're all valid feelings. I try my hardest to be a good person but thats not always true. What the heck am I lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S glamourama I actually thought you photoshopped my face onto some people lmao. HOW THE F Did you find those people hahaha

Skeptical questions (pun intended)
    If someone commands me to do something lets say for work and their watching, I get flustered and try to do the best I can to impress them while at the sametime sometimes freaking myself out by thinking my job is horrible. If they command something like Do this and this and this and this, but their aren't around the corner watching me and I know I have time, I'l be more relaxed and can still do the work by the deadline, paying attention to details but not nearly as critical of myself.

Is there not enough of everything for you (lacking stuff to do) or is there not enough of you for everything (lacking the time to do everything you want to)?

This varies, I can feel either way. Usually prolonged periods of both. I'l be unimaginably bored one day and the next will be super busy. This really isn't a question I can answer with my personality more just what I get planned at certain times. I guess this prompts me to say that I don't the best time-management skills. Lol this sometimes makes my girlfriend think I 'fit' her into my schedule. Over the summer I was working 50 hour weeks and I was helping my friend by acting in a film he was making. So during the summer I definatly felt that there wasn't enough of me. Although Im strangely in my element when I'm under that kind of pressure, but not for like days at a time or anything cause I do get tired out. When my energy levels are low thats when I really appreciate just hanging with the guys.

Was the way in which he [your coworker] was describing to you a systematic explanation (this is why we need this is why we need this relates to this) or was it more of an information based description (this is this, this is this, this is this)?
    He gave me a systematic explaination, this made me really appreciate his patience with me. It was great because it brought to light so many things I wouldn't have thought of.

if you could explain more what you meant by low energy Zulu it would help clear up misconceptions, as introverts can be described as low energy and extroverts are stereotyped as always active
    My energy levels kind of go up and down. Im not ambitious enough to go out and take charge and take on anything with intensity. I seem to be very picky with where my energy goes. If im going to clean my room, I wait until its super messy then BAM Rawrr Its done all in an hour.
    Hmm I'd really say that overall I'm relaxed, not very excitable n stuff. I am less active than an extrovert because I prefer small events with good friends and In clubs I definatly feel introverted and less social that the social butterflies I know.

Oh and-

Goooood morning Forum
    Last edited by BlazingZulu; 10-11-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlaingZulu
    I was at a party at a classy underground bar downtown, thinking "Hey that's something I should write in my essay."
    Not sure if its type-related, but I enjoyed that.

A+

(And, though I can't much back it up yet, I'm feeling Fi-Creative Irrational, SEE > IEE.)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

P.S glamourama I actually thought you photoshopped my face onto some people lmao. HOW THE F Did you find those people hahaha
    they're photos of people that the socionist Ekaterina Filatova took to show the physical similarities between people of the same type. they're posted in this thread if you want to look at them all: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...portraits.html

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. I'm willing to rule out ILE now. I lean toward IEE at this time but I can't be sure of what I think (FWIW) until I have the time to break it down.

At this point SLI is also a consideration of mine but only a light one ~ you certainly have a lot of physical activities you enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome skeptic I'l be waiting for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post

Hope you feel better about those existential concerns - you seem to be in a better place now compared to your childhood, no? . It's really not that bad, say, yesterday i had pumpkin pie - you did too, didn't you? Cheers
    Haha sure did! Sooo much good food, this was a good thanksgiving. And yeah I live with my grandparents who are very chill for being 75+ years old. Thanks for the nice words!

About your view on 'on the surface' description, I guess I did miss quite a bit haha. I actually did make some theories but I didn't think they were too important.
    Here goes:
    First of all he wasn't that bright of a guy, not to sound mean. I asked him if he was going to school in the fall and his reply was "No! Im 20 years old man." and he sounded as if he thought he was too old for school..
    On top of that he VI'd like an uneducated guy, which was proved by the above statement. I dont think he was doing it to me personally, its more likely that hes always been the kind of guy who talks like he knows something he actually isn't knowledgable in.
    To him he was just trying to help. Which is okay, but he wasn't helping, he was just saying what he thought he knew but really hes more just making hit-or-miss guesses at the answer.
    Idk after I thought about that I started to see him as just a guy with issues who wants to prove himself. If he keeps it up he Will eventually know what hes talking about because he did have a determined drive to prove himself. Just at the time I met him he didn't know s**t

P.s My gf mistook my donair for a felafel today lol
    FWIW = for what its worth?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEEs don't laze around playing video games. He's not IEE.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SXI is my impression.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I think I understand. Maybe im just confused cause I havn't been enlightened to more questions that could be asked about this guy
    Care to exemplify some for me?

Word is right lol I am a couch bum.

Btw I believe I read somewhere in all these socionic links that its possible to be very much so one type, but also have a 2nd type that shows itself in certain situations. Is this true?
    Last edited by BlazingZulu; 10-14-2010 at 04:59 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    The problem i've found with having people answer questions (although, hey, i did ask you one you didn't answer! ) is that someone relatively new to socionics doesn't have a reference system to compare the answer to in determining which way to lean.

Say, if someone asks you to taste if the coffee is too hot or not, you'll be able to tell - you'll know what's too hot, not too hot or just warm, or cold etc, you'll just know that. But if i ask you "is it easy for you to concentrate?" what have you got to compare that with...? You might think it's not easy for you to concentrate when in reality it might be relatively easy for you to concentrate compared to most *other* people - you just don't know that.
    That's why, whenever I give someone material to read to determine their type, I always give them a couple descriptions to compare it to. Instead of, "Are you like this?" it's like "Are you more like this, this, or this?"

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE or IEE
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12