Hybrid View

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    To answer the OP: ime, yes, it can happen. I don't know if it's common though, but It wouldn't be very surprising if it were since one's conflictor is one's dual's quasi...
    Yeah, when all the factors are just right, I'm thinking that it could actually work out for a LTR.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Yeah, when all the factors are just right, I'm thinking that it could actually work out for a LTR.
    All I can say is I cannot recommend it.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    When the factors are just right, probably. But factors don't remain that way for long, so it's only a matter of time before the cosmos return to normal.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's like some sort of sick joke... On one hand you may like each other a lot, but then you might not be able to work it out when there's a problem.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you're saying about all other factors being right. I'm relating my experience to add to the data you're collecting (): in my case the relationship lasted a handful of months. I also think most other important factors were just about right, but not all. There was nothing wrong per se, at least not anything i could accurately put my finger on and isolate to work on, just a certain inability to properly, fully, understand where the other person was coming from and inability to establish proper trust and re-assure one-another.

Oh, also, a dual came along (the other person's dual, I mean)...
    That sucks, what's your type btw?

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I've known Se-dominants that seem to have been "attracted" to something about my presence, and not merely in order to cause me pain - i.e. perhaps there was something about me each time that made them feel compelled to get closer.

LOL, I don't think it sucks in hindsight, but thanks. This was several years ago and it's for the best, honestly. I don't think it would have worked out very well.

I'm ENFp.
    Well, it seemed like your SO was stolen, hehe.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've known Se-dominants that seem to have been "attracted" to something about my presence, and not merely in order to cause me pain - i.e. perhaps there was something about me each time that made them feel compelled to get closer.

As for the other way round - and with my knowledge of Socionics - it feels to me like a naughty pleasure. I don't mean that I intentionally pleasure myself with such people - I mean that it seems like a frivolous interchange where I may get burnt or where I may make a brief connection with the individual, perhaps a moment of mutual understanding. But generally (not just with conflictors), I feel wary, like I'm going to be caught out, so often, any physical attraction I am at such a distance that attraction as a result of a person's physique is not possible.