Thread: What is Socionics like?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is Socionics *like*?

What is Socionics *like* to you?

(I just felt like ranting here....getting emotional a bit....)

To me, Socionics is like this thing that's right in front of you...this simplicity that's within your grasp...like a hologram, but it's just so real! And then you go to grab it and there's nothing to grab onto...but then you see it again, and it is soooo enticing.

People criticize MBTI, but MBTI makes things simple: If you're A+B+C+D, you're ABCD. End of story. Keirsey makes it simpler: You're a composer? ISFP. Banker? ESTJ. Scientist? INTJ. Mathematician? INTP.

But in Socionics, we try to look at how people *really* think. And we get closer, and closer, and we think we can pinpoint the person right into this little box, and it is so close, and we think we can get them into that box and apply the relationship matrix, and we get closer and closer to having it work, and POOF!!!! It goes away.

And then we say, "Ah, of course, people aren't that simple. People are more complex. How could I have thought that someone could actually be so simple as to fit into one of those little boxes?" And then we feel relaxed in deciding that people are more complex after all, but then we notice that some other people seem to fit the patterns, and all of the sudden we have the urge to grasp that simplicity one more time.....

Anyhow, that's how I feel....my rant for tonight I guess.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell that to the believers in crosstype. We fit everybody into our boxes *PERFECTLY*.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you take FOREVER to reach the limitations of systems tcaud. hurry the fuck up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Tell that to the believers in crosstype. ;) We fit everybody into our boxes *PERFECTLY*.
    Isn't it unhealthy to refer to yourself as if you are multiple people?

Mr. Caudill, have you actually found adherents of your system?
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Mr. Caudill, have you actually found adherents of your system?"

He'll find them eventually.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niveK
    Isn't it unhealthy to refer to yourself as if you are multiple people?
    lol that's exactly what I was thinking
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-pokeball

socionics, to me, is more random useful and useless information that helps me see the whole. What socionics IS NOT to me is a culture. That part really worries me with some people...