Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    i see. I will research more into it. Unfortunately I don’t really have a choice with the low carb diet due to medical condition and also family history of diabetes.

I will try to include more fibrous carbs in any case
    Yes, @asd, I've felt a lot better since I've started including whole fiber in my diet.

As for diabetes, you can actually reverse it with a plant-based diet. Diabetes is not a result of eating too much sugar, but rather is a result of eating too much fat.
    Read this book, Forks over Knives, diabetes on page 22 & 23: https://www.amazon.com/Forks-Over-Kn.../dp/1615190457
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-10-2021 at 05:46 AM.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Poppy Seed Bread

That's what it is called, but it is really a loaf cake. I have been making this for years now and it is a request every Christmas. I make a lot, for gifts. I am going away this weekend and am bringing some for gifts, so I made SIX today. I tripled the recipe below. No easy task because that is a LOT of ingredients. One for neighbor who did us a favor, one for my husband while I am gone, and four to bring and give as gifts (one for my son who loves this). It makes the house smell so nice, and I had a slice, which I shouldn't have. Oh well. Looks like this when sliced:

But just so beautiful right now lined up on the table in the kitchen with its lovely glaze on top. And all the mess cleaned up and away.

The recipe has been around awhile so it was not hard to find the very same recipe online. A great gift recipe. Lots of flavor, always pleases: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/70...ad-with-glaze/
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"