Thread: Recipe sharing thread

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@Sol thank you! And I took a screenshot of that recipe. Which will be easier to read than the ad-filled websites I find on pinterest lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    @Sol thank you! And I took a screenshot of that recipe. Which will be easier to read than the ad-filled websites I find on pinterest lol
    Try browser's ad-blocker alike "uBlock Origin".

The problem of recipes I've noticed on Internet sites, - significant % of bad ones. The similar is with magazines. Those recipes are written by not educated and experienced professionals which better know what they do, so average results can be worse than with recipes from some books or with ones you liked before. People may decribe a recipe incorrectly, may to have subjectively other taste perceptions, may adopt to not best taste and never had other for a comparision, etc.

Also there is a problem of ingredients. Same recipe made with slightly different ingredient may give significantly worse taste. For example, a taste of mayonnaises may differ a lot. Among local mayonnaise I prefer that. In my favorite salad there is 350 g of such sauce - mb 1/3 of the weight. If this component is not good - when you'd don't like to eat it without nothing - this will ruin the whole salad. As the taste of a mayonnaise may differ much, so a recipe should to have said concrete mayonnaise variant, at least. But I doubt you'll find this info in recipes in common. Sometimes people don't expect how much an ingredient with same name may be different. I cooked an apple pie recently with a flour by another producer and I could to notice the difference in this pie - it was a little, but better. Just a simple flour(!). The sorts of apples have more influence, as they differ in more degree. I know which locally sold apples should be alike for better results, but have no idea what may buy people in other shops and places. If to write just "apples" - this may lead to bad results.