Thread: "Skinny Jeans, John Wayne, And The Feminization Of America"

Hybrid View

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i'm sure plenty of men would opt to get pedicures without the evil face of feminism staring them down.
    Sup.

You know what' funny about that article? It's weirdly reminiscent of how the Romans painted the Arabs. The military menly men vs the "soft and pampered" Arabs with their spices and cloths and perfumes.

Lol.

Personally I'm one of the Arab men. I love pampering myself and smelling good, and eating fancy, tasty food. And yet, I don't see how this in any way compromises my masculinity.

I don't see masculinity/femininity as a singular axis. I think of it like a plane: you can mix and match and have some of one without that meaning you have less of the other.

The article perhaps has merit in that it says that a very specific social role is dying: that of the explorer, the adventurer, the entrepreneur. And which better sex to fill that than nature's experiments, the men? The article is lamenting that we're having that castrated, and that's sterilising our species.

Honestly, me personally, I think the way forward is encouraging the androgynous personality (not necessarily the androgynous person. To clarify, I mean encouraging things like "nurturing explorers" or "intrepid caretakers" that combine the best conventionally "masculine" and "feminine" traits) and the individual. An ideal society is one where people are not indoctrinated with moral fetters or things like disgust and shame. I think the issue is not with men being tamped down, but with all people. It tickles me pink to see society progressing more and more towards openness and freedom from shame and disgust.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Sup.

You know what' funny about that article? It's weirdly reminiscent of how the Romans painted the Arabs. The military menly men vs the "soft and pampered" Arabs with their spices and cloths and perfumes.
    The Arab Empire was twice as big as the Roman.

British Empire - 33.7 million km2 (1923)[2][3]
    Mongol Empire - 33.0 million km2 (1270 or 1309)[4]
    Russian Empire - 23.7 million km2 (1866)[2][3]
    Spanish Empire - 20.0 million km2 (ca. 1740-1790)[5]
    Ottoman Empire - 19.9 million km2 (1595)[2][3]
    Qing Empire, China - 14.7 million km2 (1790)[2][3]
    Yuan Dynasty - 14.0 million km2 (1310)[3]
    Umayyad Caliphate - 13.0 million km2 (720 or 750)[6]
    Second French Colonial Empire - 12.3 million km2 (1938)[5]
    Abbasid Caliphate - 11.1 million km2 (750)[3]
    Portuguese Empire - 10.4 million km2 (1815)[5]
    Rashidun Caliphate - 9.0 million km2 (654)[3][7]