Thread: General Principles of the Dominant Functions

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Ne can be focused on the whole, but it treats the whole as an object in itself. This is why Ne is associated with the big picture and an ideal. Ni prefers not to treat the objects statically, but through dynamic connections between the objects. I think both Ne and Ni are quite concerned with the whole, but they have drastically different approaches to it, namely the aforementioned static and dynamic distinction.
    I agree with Ne - and intuition in general - being characterized by somehow holistic perception, but in case of object element, it's holistic within immediate environment. I tend to use a very broad definition of object, but it still doesn't make it into connections.

Ne doesn't so much make connections between objects as see them differently - morphs the concept as a whole within its context, consequently placing it in a different one, all to make it work with a Ti or Fi connectivity. In extroverted-introverted pairing, the former deals with a partial view, and if you say you only have one part, there may be little to be done with it - but it doesn't make connections within it any less of actual connections.

In a nutshell, what I'm saying can be summarized as "don't compare Ne to Ni", or Xe to Xi. If you're going to compare statics and dynamics, make it field for field and bodies for bodies.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    In a nutshell, what I'm saying can be summarized as "don't compare Ne to Ni", or Xe to Xi. If you're going to compare statics and dynamics, make it field for field and bodies for bodies.
    Wait, crossing Rational/Irrational? I know that the aspectonics makes Se correspond with Te, Ne with Fe, etc., but still, I think the Xe-Xi relationship is stronger than any Jx-Px relationship, as that's what the Russian material indicates (what with labeling both Ne and Ni "N", etc.).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do people tend to think statics/dynamics and internal/external define the functions so much? The terms are rather loose and nondescript hypothesizations that help you fathom a few concepts, but never was meant to be the origin of categorization for the Socionics IMs.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
    That would be the same for -creatives as well. It ultimately comes down to their subjective establishment of whatever they apply. Hence why I chose the word Schema.
    yes. and anndelise's posts articulate why i disagree with you.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123