Here's someone I know. I understand it's hard to get a sense of type just from a description...but here goes....
* This person is extremely organized; likes to organize the refrigerator, everything...
* In work, he enjoys activities that involve planning and analysis. He's particularly good at due diligence, financial forecasting, and things like that.
* He likes to stay one step ahead of everything. His favorite things to discuss involve plans. He is not usually that interested in discussing things that don't have a practical application...for example, he wouldn't typically discuss philosophy. Extensive discussion on a theoretical topic without a clear payoff would clearly seem like a waste of time. However, he does enjoy games that require mental skill.
* He is not particularly interested in sports.
* He is interested in discussing all the things that you should check, all the things that could go wrong, etc., the things that he plans to do, or that others plan to do or should do.
* His conversation is very action-oriented:
"What are we going to about this? We'd better do something about that."...etc.
* Some of his key values include decisiveness, thinking ahead, being realistic. He doesn't understand people who aren't decisive or who are too perfectionistic. He does value forward thinking, thinking of the future.
* If someone takes a long time doing something or waits for inspiration to do something, he would say that person probably didn't really want to do that thing anyway.
* He took the MBTI and came out INTJ.
* He plans everything out in advance. If things don't go as planned, he can get quite annoyed. However, if things do go as planned, he's generally quite relaxed and likes to read, "sit and relax," etc.
* When talking, he doesn't like being interrupted; it's very important to him to finish the sentence and bring it to a certain completion, even if he already made his point. This can create an air of formality.
* There is a certain depth, or weightiness to what he says. Around company, he can seem much more extraverted than at other times.
* In explaining things, he likes to be very methodical, going step by step, starting at the beginning. It's important that people pay attention and are with him every step of the way.
I don't know if that's enough to go on, but I'd be very interested in people's thoughts about what type(s) that sounds like.