Quote Originally Posted by conspiracy website
by Wray Edwards
wrayedwards@gmail.com
(for henrymakow.com)

The following is a condensation of parts of my unpublished book "Maid in U.S.A., The Psychopathology of Cosmetic Dependence." It has to do with the identity trap which is sprung on young girls by "Big Cosmo" (big cosmetics) and the girls' peers and family members.

Due to the psychotropic substances in the makeup and to social pressures, females are forced to re-invent themselves just about every day for the rest of their lives.

At first it might seem cute when little girls see mommy "putting on her face" (as if she didn't already have one) and ask if they can too. Seems harmless. But wait...

One day on the California Zephyr, the author met a woman who was the executive director of a women only drug rehab program. We got to talking and she divulged the entry requirements for her therapy paradigm. 1. The entrant had to give up the drugs, and 2. the women were told they could no longer wear makeup. This makes sense, of course, as the patients were enrolled to face reality without depending mind altering or appearance altering substances.

When caught cheating, it was with cosmetics 80% of the time; suggesting that they were hooked...what we call the Kabuki effect. Cosmetics appear to be four times more addictive than drugs and availability was not an issue. Often women are heard to say, "I wouldn't go to the mailbox without my makeup." These people are suffering from the effects of years of habituation and dependence on very expensive and unhealthy products.

Careful observation of how hundreds of women "Put On A Face" often reveals that they become almost trance-like in their behavior by the time they are finished. This probably has to do with the fragrances (which might have a pheromone or drug-like effect).

Also the ritual of applying the substances (many of which are in powder form just like many drugs) to better compete in the attractiveness battles to come during the day, has a stimulating effect. If they perceive that the image is really good in the mirror, or by complimentary remarks of peers, they feel "powerful." It would probably be found that women, as they apply their game face, are experiencing a marked increase in endorphin blood levels.

What passes for "Beauty" in any given society, renders the wearer powerful. The line from Keats: "'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,'"--that is all Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know" is completely wrong in the cosmetic context because they are indulging in deception. And don't fall for that, "I'm just using it to 'enhance' my appearance." Hogwash! They are hiding behind a masque.

Very few women are naturally picture perfect on this planet. People with facial biometrics which measure close to 1:1.618 (the golden section) are often said to be attractive, but that ignores coloration, texture, and expression.

When one considers the principle users of cosmetics (spies, actors, clowns, cadavers, transvestites, geisha and women) there are some universal similarities in this odd assortment. They are, briefly, fear of detection - if my lipstick fades what will people think of my natural self (except for the cadaver of course)...a sense of fragility (insecurity) should the eyeliner smear, the nylons run, the implant shift or hundreds of other identity malfunctions.

At all times during the wearing of these disguises, the individual realizes they are in reliance on the maxim "By deception thou shalt do war." War!? you say. Well, yes. Surely you've heard of the battle of the sexes. Just look at the words used to describe "beautiful" or "attractive" women... "Wow, she's a knockout." "Yikes! "What a bombshell", "Drop dead good looks", "To die for", and "Killer."

Just look at the magazines near the check out at the grocery store or fashion ads in the women's mags. Those facial expressions are often very predatory. Tribal warriors throughout history the world over knew the value of war paint.

"The Three Faces of Eve" become the thousands of faces applied over the years, and the wearer consciously or subconsciously knows that they are not revered for their true selves...they are living a lie. This tension almost always leads to neurosis. Try this: What significant difference is there between a ventriloquist who shoves his hand up into his dummy's back to animate the creature, and a person who shoves their face into a grease puppet which they animate with their facial muscles? Not much, in this writer's opinion.

One of many poignant comments I have gathered over the years comes from the tragic life of Anna Nichole Smith: "When they start putting on the makeup...that's when I really come alive."

How sad. The empty victory of getting others to like you by the use of artificial images applied directly on one's face must be pure torture. She allowed herself to become an icon which was too difficult to portray. It eventually killed her. "Thou shalt not make [of] thee any graven image..." Right now we are watching Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton and many other "stars" self-destruct as they fight their global icon battles.

Just so this critique is balanced by an equal examination of what men utilize to "enhance" themselves in the eyes of women and the world, the work "U.S. Male, what men hide behind to make their way in the world" is in the works.

The above examines just the tip of the iceberg, so in future articles, we will visit in greater depth the consequences of ignoring the pleasures of authenticity in favor of subterfuge and artifice. This subject is at the root of personal and national ethics...for those who become habituated to impersonations will eventually violate every ethical standard in the pursuit of power.

There is a way to break this expensive cycle and become authentic. It's not easy, but it's quite worthwhile.

---

truth?