Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cosmetics and authenticity

Creepy-cinq

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I don't think most women look better without makeup. I wish they'd wear more, to be honest. I dunno, I personally refuse to leave my house without it just because I like looking put together at all times. So often people get lazy and its unnattractive to me. You're basically saying you don't care about putting in an effort.
    It's an interesting perspective. I don't consider it as lazy so much as it is a conscious lifestyle choice. I'm not 300Kg and wearing spandex or anything, but, I just prefer the natural look. I don't want to be preoccupied about makeup 24/7 - when I wake up, before I leave for work, in the car, at the office, during break when I step out for my cappucino, before I leave for work, freshen up for my date, make sure I look presentable before sex, after sex and holy crap! what do I look like when I wake up beside my date! - and it goes on and on. No thanks.

In my situation, I have a hard enough time having guys look at my face, so in a sense, it's almost pointless to wear makeup. Even in middle age, far past my peak, I have issues. One colleague at work is one a 1 second cycle - face - breasts - face - breasts - christ, I have to practically wipe the saliva from the corners of his mouth. It's fascinating watching him react. I can almost see his visual fantasy - I'm guessing he's having infantile regressions, and possibly would like to plunge his face between them. The last thing I really want to do is accentuate my facial assets with cosmetics. I don't want the attention.
    Last edited by cinq; 09-07-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad I have small boobs because I couldn't tolerate someone treating me like a peice of meat. But anyway, I do think my look is very natural..I only wear mascara and foundation...but those two things can dramtically change your appearance.

Creepy-female

Creepy-female

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I'm glad I have small boobs because I couldn't tolerate someone treating me like a peice of meat.
    I feel the same. that is just.... gross.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    You're erring on the opposite side. Jessica wearing makeup doesn't make her more conceited than someone who doesn't. You get dressed every day I assume. You probably care how you look when you do. Whether a person pays attention to one particular aspect of their appearance or does not, does not mean they are conceited, nor does it mean on the other hand that they don't care at all about how they look.
    If numbers is EIE, then he lacks the judgement of Ti. :wink:
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I haven't worn makeup in months. Who/what is romero and what are you talking about?

lol. I've never worn blush ever. It is quite possible that women could become dependent on makeup however. My sister seems to be. The first thing she does in the morning when she wakes up is put on her makeup, before even her family sees her. I don't know if she's insecure about her looks without it, or if it's to her just part of getting dressed.

I heard that it's common what your sister does to be done in upper class society...don't know if you're upper class. It's considered inmpolite to be seen undone and all that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123