Quote Originally Posted by moredhel View Post
I very much agree with you. I'm happy accepting that two people of the same type aren't going to be the same person, trying to explain this in more detail is just unnecessary in terms of practical socionics. I'm happy pointing to the environment and shrugging.

I like quadras for speed and process of elimination and the "potential" behavior descriptions for functions are nice if they all match.
But yes a bit of your own matching of functions to information elements can be where that confirmation moment comes from.

Matching functions to information elements as a starting point can lead me astray though as I find the quadra behavior to be more distinct than individual function placement.
Yeah I think quadra typing works but unless there's a decent understanding on how the information elements work to create a quadra identity it can be misleading.
For instance, I think a lot of people here have an idea of the Beta quadra being exclusively about vulgarity, inhumanity and radicalism in general. While the IE's valued in Beta can manifest themselves to create these sorts of behaviors I don't think they should be used as a type of guideline for what Fe, Ni, Se, Ti valuing equates to.
The same could be said about the other 3 quadras

That's not to say that you apply quadra typings like this, but there are people who do