0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be unequivocal: understanding these types is your task as a human being. Successful individuation requires acknowledging that each of these types of people has a definite, positive, and useful role to play in society. The alternative is tantamount to adopting a hateful and intolerant attitude which will lead inevitably to failure, isolation, and perhaps even infamy.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I will be unequivocal: understanding these types is your task as a human being. Successful individuation requires acknowledging that each of these types of people has a definite, positive, and useful role to play in society. The alternative is tantamount to adopting a hateful and intolerant attitude which will lead inevitably to failure, isolation, and perhaps even infamy.
    Do you have examples for these eight groups? Your writings are so abstract that it's often difficult to understand how they correlate with real life, to the point that I often feel a sneaking (if unproven) suspicion that they don't.
    Quaero Veritas.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you serious? 0.o

Well how about this: which group do you fall into?

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't you use your ahem... Ne to make the writing more understandable to Ne egos?

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Are you serious? 0.o

Well how about this: which group do you fall into?
    Er, yes, I'm serious. For example:

"They are innovators, capable to deducing ingenious (some would say genius) means of variously releasing energy through technological development..."

What "energy" are you referring to? Literal energy? Mental energy? Metaphorical energy?

"The conservative reformer believes it their prerogative to open and close flows of energy as is required to prevent deterioration. They are protective and would prefer to prevent deterioration from starting by permitting such energy to flow as would prevent it."

Again, what energy are you talking about? And how is this "opening and closing" accomplished? Without specific examples, I have no idea what sort of thing you're talking about. It may make sense in your head, but I can't read your mind.

Because the categories are so vague, I have no way of determining which one I might fit into. Where good exists, I want to preserve it. Where it does not exist, I want to create it. I am for change if it leads to good, and against it if it leads to evil. I prefer to preserve traditions where they do no harm, and destroy them where they do cause harm. I prefer a stable society if it is a good society, but I prefer chaos and change if it is a bad society.

Basically, most of the things that motivate my political beliefs are not even mentioned in your categories, and what you do mention is described in terms too general to decipher. Like I said, specific examples of people who hold these views would help immensely -- I could then at least try to figure out where you're coming from and attempt to reverse-engineer your thought process.
    Quaero Veritas.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Energy is energy. e.g. the ability to do work.

Yes you say you are all these things... but do you practice what you preach? Are you really fair, or do assumptions and prejudices get in the way?

Political type is reflected in the choices a person makes in ambiguous situations. When data is sparse and evidence is uncertain, innate preferences to believe hold sway.

You have already betrayed one tendency of yours: a tendency to doubt categorical theories of behavioral persistence except in light of specific evidence.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Do you have examples for these eight groups? Your writings are so abstract that it's often difficult to understand how they correlate with real life, to the point that I often feel a sneaking (if unproven) suspicion that they don't.
    I wonder what it says about me that I understood what the hell he was talking about.

I'd say I'm a conservative reformer -- a pragmatic, cold, hard realist who believes each situation requires its own unique policy tools and one-size-fits-all solutions don't work.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pretend to be all of these to get what I want. I guess that makes me an opportunist.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I pretend to be all of these to get what I want. I guess that makes me an opportunist.
    Perhaps. My uncle and Mitt Romney both share in your unpredictability. (I don't think you're an opportunist, just a person who has unusual ideological flexibility).

Romney is a reformer conservative, FTR. My uncle is a liberal (not sure what variant) and you... you seem like a traditionalist liberal. He's probably a traditionalist liberal as well.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karl Rove is the archetypal traditionalist conservative. I swear the guy must have been pulled from A Christmas Story. He never escaped the memory of 1950s America.

Me and traditionalist conservatives don't get along that well.

Interesting point: the embarrassment of the reformer conservatives over Iraq has imbalanced the influence of traditionalist conservatives. Or so it seems. The tendency is for U.S. traditionalist conservatives to appeal for the public to "stop" the liberal reformer/traditionalist liberal reform machine by replacing liberals with conservatives in Congress. In the 1990s the conservatives arrested reform in the country by stonewalling Clinton's agenda. However, when the reformer conservatives came to power, they were more interested in working WITH the reformers. In America conservative reformers tend to cast the deciding votes as a factor of their willingness to "remove" people on basis of energetic facilitation: they determine who needs to be removed regardless of party, and remove them. Now Sarah Palin is interesting: she's a sociopathic conservative reformer who dons the persona of a reformer conservative, thus appealing to both sensibilities and radicalizing the middle. Sociopaths in general are interesting because they feel the need to resort to their secondary political type, which has an extremist, adversarial temperament, to advance their agenda. (this assuming their primary type is not already extreme, in which case you end up with a self-styled messiah who puts a nice face on blatant evil).
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 08-28-2010 at 07:17 AM.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What American politician(s) would you classify as conservative reformers?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    What American politician(s) would you classify as conservative reformers?
    Very few. Palin for one, John McCain for another. The Tea Party appears to be spearheaded by conservative reformers and conservative traditionalists, both of which have been alienated from the GOP by Bush and the Jack Abramoff scandal. Reformer conservative expansion of government has made conservative traditionalists very upset, and McCain captured well in his acceptance speech for the Republican nomination how deeply.

Conservative reformers do better in Britain. Tony Blair is one: he made it a point to remove the last vestiges of conservative traditionalist aristocracy during his tenure as PM, and fully supported the removal of Saddam Hussein. In general, Bush governed the United States by leading conservative reformers, which the traditionalist conservatives disliked but felt they had to go along with because Bush "had the authority". But there are very few... there is a certain association between conservative reformers and the psychologically disordered... they tend to keep company around them that the other political types won't, associating with unsavory types and such, such as sociopaths. This gives them a flexibility and perspective -- even sympathy -- that the other political types lack, but which leaves them distrusted with power and authority.

Ah I just thought of one: Olympia Snowe. Now THERE's a conservative reformer.