Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
I changed my mind about Rinoa. She's definitely too self-confident to be an ESFJ, or an ISFJ. My assertation now is that she is xSFJ, which means that her functions interact without regard to orientation. (think "super confidence")

She seems to represent Squall's fraternity with his peers, and his evolving relationship with the outside world, which she incarnates.
Rinoa, who, fell apart when she tried to take on the Sorcerress by herself?

I don't think she's alll that confident. She has willl power to do what is right for her cause, but clealry she doesn't have the confidence that the rest of the SeeDs do when it comes to battle situations.

Your second paragraph I am not so sure about, either. There is a lot of "duality" (for lack of a better word) in FF8. Opposition, conflict, mutual differences. Cid/Edea, Laguna/(and that piano girl-forgot her name), Laguna/Squall, Seifer/Squall, Siefer/Rinoa, Squall/Rinoa, Piano Girl/Rinoa's Dad, Elle/Squall.... And that's not even getting into the other supporting characters.

Also, there is a matter of time, and time compression. Overlaping. Look at the romantic interplay between the Laguna/Squall characters and how it deals with Piano Girl, Elle, Rain, and Rinoa. There are a lot of inferences one can make, going from the different big pictures to the different individual parts.