Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Examples of possible famous/celebrity ILIs-INTps

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quirk Satellite Div.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast IX
    Hehhehehehe...

Bath Video

How ILI is that?
    I don't see how one can gauge a type from that video other than from the conclusions that the tenant is unattentive enough to forget closing the windows and that he keeps a fairly tidy room with sufficient decorations.
    ure right- i think it's more the fact that he actually filmed, produced, and published that that makes him ILI...

he's so awesome tho- u guys should look into his documentaries and films... they're soooo ILI- especially "I am a Sex Addict."
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehhehehehe...

Bath Video

How ILI is that?
    I don't see how one can gauge a type from that video other than from the conclusions that the tenant is unattentive enough to forget closing the windows and that he keeps a fairly tidy room with sufficient decorations.
    Seems more like an Ne type to me (weak + valued Si).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    Hehhehehehe...

Bath Video

How ILI is that?
    ure right- i think it's more the fact that he actually filmed, produced, and published that that makes him ILI...

he's so awesome tho- u guys should look into his documentaries and films... they're soooo ILI- especially "I am a Sex Addict."
    i just watched "i am a sex addict." he's some type similar to my own. his justifications & thought processes remind me too much of my own, but usually i don't think i form mine quite so graphically. not sure if he's Ni though. he reminds me of an ENTp guy i know, too. sort of like larry david or something.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, i think i can live with INTp for caveh. actually, i think i quite prefer it. i think he has a woody allen-esque thing going on (whereas a lot of people would argue that allen is INTj/ENTp- something similar.)

also -- i think he's sort of a good example of dialectic-algorithmic thinking. not sure on this yet.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

"Mastermind of the Mob" Meyer Lansky:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/gangster...y/index_1.html

During Prohibition, Lansky got his start in bootlegging and reached the height of prosperity and influence during the 1940s and 1950s, when he transformed illegal gambling from a neighborhood racket into an interstate enterprise. He pulled the strings of a national crime syndicate that, according to some, made more money than General Motors.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ben stein

sorry if this was already listed!

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    ben stein

sorry if this was already listed!
    I don't think it has been listed, but its such clear example, considering his relation with Nixon, it might as well have been already listed.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

Pierre Bernard, the Recliner of Rage guy:

...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I'm almost positive Caveh Zahedi is INFp.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aQvnxsG_0_U
    have you seen "i am a sex addict"? i mean, potentially he reminds me of my INFp cousin. i just think at least in that documentary he framed himself as more INTp than INFp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    have you seen "i am a sex addict"? i mean, potentially he reminds me of my INFp cousin. i just think at least in that documentary he framed himself as more INTp than INFp.

yeah the man is an ILI

that seems pretty Fi-valuing/Fe-PoLR to me.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    yeah the man is an ILI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_KPk0JLCIY

that seems pretty Fi-valuing/Fe-PoLR to me.
    Whaat...he's practically forcing Fe down the other guy's throat. "Don't tell me to chill down" = Fe + Se values. Typical Beta, and even more indicative of strong ethics.

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whaat...he's practically forcing Fe down the other guy's throat. "Don't tell me to chill down" = Fe + Se values. Typical Beta, and even more indicative of strong ethics.
    Yes. This person is clearly trying to control emotional environment in the studio when getting into a confrontation with the other person. Regardless of how well he does control it, his first resort was to turn the situation into an emotionally charged conflict, something an INTp will not do.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i'm with liveandletlive on this until either of you have seen i am a sex addict. if an INTp would not cause an emotional scene, i'd argue that an INFp would not repeatedly give their partner reasons not to trust them, heh.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i'm with liveandletlive on this until either of you have seen i am a sex addict. if an INTp would not cause an emotional scene, i'd argue that an INFp would not repeatedly give their partner reasons not to trust them, heh.
    That depends - what do you mean?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quirk Satellite Div. View Post
    Yes. This person is clearly trying to control emotional environment in the studio when getting into a confrontation with the other person. Regardless of how well he does control it, his first resort was to turn the situation into an emotionally charged conflict, something an INTp will not do.
    I think you are misinterpreting the situation and what he is trying to do. The way he is "trying to control" the "emotional environment" in the studio is clearly different from how an ethical type would do it. In fact, the way he does it suggests that he is a logical type. And he does not turn the situation into an emotionally charged conflict -- at least he is not trying to -- and, in fact, he again reasons and reacts like a logical type.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    I suggest that you take a new fresh look at the functions and try to understand them correctly. Your "Don't tell me to chill down" example is illuminating. He is not forcing Fe down the other guy's throat, a typical INFp would not act like that, and a person who values Fe would typically act almost the opposite of the way he acts in that situation.

To be strong in Fe means that you are both capable, willing and trying to chill down in situations like the one we have seen. The guy who wants to leave the room is probably a good example of that. His solution is to avoid confrontation -- and that's exactly how an ethical type would tend to react.

I'm not sure of the guy's type, but V.I. actually seems to suggest INTp, so implied and liveandletlive are clearly in the lead so far. Box!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    To be strong in Fe means that you are both capable, willing and trying to chill down in situations like the one we have seen. The guy who wants to leave the room is probably a good example of that. His solution is to avoid confrontation -- and that's exactly how an ethical type would tend to react.
    Definitely agree.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u really should watch his documentaries and then decide.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u really should watch his documentaries and then decide.
    Which documentaries? And how could they change the value of the arguments for Fe etc. in this thread?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a Sex Addict.
    i am a sex addict.
    I am just quoting what you have said.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Which documentaries? And how could they change the value of the arguments for Fe etc. in this thread?
    see expat's post. it's like i said earlier, if you're going to argue that he's because he challenges the guy in the clip that thehotelambush posted, i'll argue that his personal life, which he talked about extensively in

i am a sex addict

reflects the life of an INTp more appropriately. i just tend to doubt than an INFp would give the ESTp every reason in the world not to trust the INFp (sorry to keep referencing this documentary that you haven't seen, but i think it's important.) i don't think that ESTp/INFp duality works that way. aren't INFps good partners for ESTps because they're "loyal"? i think caveh is goofy but i haven't seen good evidence personally for his goofiness being a sign of cre-Fe. i think if you look at the big picture of his life, it seems as though he has no fucking clue about relationships. i might be wrong. i mean, i can reasonably see why you're saying that having an emotional outburst should be seen as some form of cre-Fe, at least within the context of that clip heh. but i still think you're wrong and have weird fucking typings.

@liveandletlive -- (this is a spoiler for the film, fwiw) his whole thing how he'd react like, "what!?! what did i do!?" when he'd go and take his girlfriends suggestions to go get a prostitute, etc. it struck me as an INTpish sort of way of working. anyhow, i thought it was a great documentary. it's on my list of top films i've seen this year.
    Last edited by implied; 02-22-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Whaat...he's practically forcing Fe down the other guy's throat.
    Yeah. There's no way he is INTp. Based on the videos posted he is INFp.

INTp

see expat's post. it's like i said earlier, if you're going to argue that he's because he challenges the guy in the clip that thehotelambush posted, i'll argue that his personal life, which he talked about extensively in

i am a sex addict
    The thing is, I find it very doubtful that INTp would even be interested making a document like that.

INTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shikamaru: a great strategist and thinker. Plus he's really lazy.
    I initially had him pegged as LII, but I don't really watch Naruto, so I recently watched some clips of him and Temari and she is definitely an Se type of some kind, probably ESFp.
    INTj

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lawrence Summers, economist and President of Harvard from 2001- 2006

IMO, Summers clearly illustrates the controversy created when an Fe-PoLR individual is chosen as the spokesperson for an Fe-valuing demographic.

From Wikipedia:
    "In January 2005, Summers suggested, at a Conference on Diversifying the Science & Engineering Workforce sponsored by the National Bureau of Economics Research, the possibility that many factors outside of socialization could explain why there were more men than women in high-end science and engineering positions. He suggested one such possible reason could be men's higher variance in relevant innate abilities or innate preference.[15][16] An attendee made Summers' remarks public, and an intense response followed in the national news media and on Harvard's campus."

The thing that shocked me (and a lot of other, I think non-Fe valuing, people) is that Summers merely stated the possibility that men could be innately better than women in the sciences. (Um, the converse is also a possibility?!)
    In spite of the fact that his statement was logically correct, it was seen as "sexist" and "innappropriate."
    Rather than support this anti-intellectual attack on Summers, more than half of the members of Harvard's faculty passed a "lack of confidence" in Summers' leadership. Summers actually had to resign from his term as a result.
    The general consensus seemed to be that, though Summers' comments were intellectually sound, as the president of a widely recognized institution, Summers should have placed higher priority on his (and the university's) public image, as well as been more sensitive to the (negative) implications that the average person may read into his comment.
    Last edited by Ritella; 09-01-2008 at 10:29 PM.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh wow. i remember that guy. what a joke.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh wow. i remember that guy. what a joke.
    as in, you thought he was a joke or the way in which people responded?
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he grosses me out.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, INTp makes perfect sense for Lawrence Summers. Great find.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nigel Lawson, a.k.a. Lord Lawson, Chancellor of the Exchequer in the Thatcher government, father of Nigella Lawson

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oo. Here is a really interesting video between Summers and Charlie Rose.

I think this is a really good example of ENTJ-INTP Mirror Relations.
    If you fast forward to 46 minutes in, Summers discusses his controversial comment. It's interesting that Rose never even questions Summers' motives and refers to any situation in which you have to watch your image as a "fishbowl." This is very Fe-devaluing imo. It seems as if they are both only considering Fe to the extent in which they want to protect themselves from being reprimanded on a lack of it.
    Also interesting is that Rose can't get over how Summers didn't know that he would have to play into Fe. This makes sense if Rose is LIE, as Fe would be his role. I think this illustrates an important aspect of mirror relations: though types devalue their mirror's PoLR (their Role), they can be a bit shocked by the mirror's complete aversion to it and will often gently "reprimand" their mirror for not playing into it.
    Last edited by Ritella; 09-02-2008 at 09:22 AM.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    I think this is a really good example of ENTJ-INTP Mirror Relations.
    If you fast forward to 46 minutes in, Summers discusses his controversial comment. It's interesting that Rose never even questions Summers' motives and refers to any situation in which you have to watch your image as a "fishbowl." This is very Fe-devaluing imo. It seems as if they are both only considering Fe to the extent in which they want to protect themselves from being reprimanded on a lack of it.
    Also interesting is that Rose can't get over how Summers didn't know that he would have to play into Fe. This makes sense if Rose is LIE, as Fe would be his role. I think this illustrates an important aspect of mirror relations: though types devalue their mirror's PoLR (their Role), they can be a bit shocked by the mirror's complete aversion to it and will often gently "reprimand" their mirror for not playing into it.
    I think this is a good analysis, except that I think that "shocked" is inaccurate. I think they think it's worth mentioning, sympathetically, because this is something they can relate to. They do understand the mirror's "aversion" to their PoLR (which is their own role); so they do not condemn the mirror; rather, they say "you should be more careful", which is precisely what Rose does.
    Last edited by Expat; 09-06-2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure that Bill Murray and Edward Norton are ILI

Speaking of which, I recommend everyone who's interested see Lost In Translation with Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson, which is as close to the SEE/ILI duality I've seen in a movie with fictional characters.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Nigel Lawson, a.k.a. Lord Lawson, Chancellor of the Exchequer in the Thatcher government, father of Nigella Lawson

interesting if her dad's her conflictor!
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodrat View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Bill Murray and Edward Norton are ILI

ILE.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    ILE.
    agree.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edward nortonnnnnnn mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i sometimes fall asleep to his narration in fight club
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

naa, he's definately . too obvious. watch some interviews

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive always kinda thought he was ILI too, but i dont have a strong opinion on this. He could be ILE ... but he just seems to aggressive, & Fe polr. I am not very familiar with how Fi polr manifests itself so ... maybe someone could explain it to me. ILEs seem too lighthearted to play something like american history X

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting if her dad's her conflictor!
    I think he is. I think Nigella is ESFj.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast