Thread: Guess the ENFP and ESFJ description

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    They get along perfectly. They have an activation relationship. Quick to establish, and very friendly, good understanding, energizing and mutual attraction. This happens to all people who meet their 'activation' type.
    heh, it's really the same thing, there's noooo way I am ESFj in Socionics.

I am saying I cant imagine because i was reading many people on INTPcentral who cant stand ISFJs and ESFPs... and ENTPs who cant standa ESFJs ... and had very bad experience with them.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    heh, it's really the same thing, there's noooo way I am ESFj in Socionics.

I am saying I cant imagine because i was reading many people on INTPcentral who cant stand ISFJs and ESFPs... and ENTPs who cant standa ESFJs ... and had very bad experience with them.
    That's odd. Well, experience it for yourself.

I once opened a topic to rate all relationships, and duality was always 1 and activation in the top 4.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    That's odd. Well, experience it for yourself.

I once opened a topic to rate all relationships, and duality was always 1 and activation in the top 4.
    It's not odd, they are two entirely different systems. One letter off, which is not only common but, in the case of some types, typically EXPECTED, especially based on functional analysis, and you go from dual to conflictor. Does that not make sense to you?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilly, instead of saying that there must be something wrong with mbti or etc, maybe there's something wrong with your interpretation. You've got 18000 posts and still open topics about your type. You are one of the few argueing the difficulty of distinguishing ENFP and ESFJ, and also claim to have deviate on at least 3 dichotomies in both systems. I rather assume it's you and not everything else that is wrong. But since I suspect we won't be able to resolve these issues I will rest my case here. I cannot give more factual evidence then what I did in this thread. Though I think I clarified a lot for the rest of the people who've read this thread. So that's enough for me.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't actually question my type; I just have mood swings and am insecure.

I'm not saying that they are hard to distinguish. Read my fucking posts, please, and learn the basics of the theory. They use different methods of typing, gauge different things, define their terms differently. The only commonalities are superficial traits and the letters, which aren't even used in proper socionics. I'm not saying that "there's something wrong with MBTI." I'm saying the theories are different, and so are the people. Face the facts, you are wrong.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Face the facts, you are wrong.
    sure no problem.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They use different methods of typing
    irrelevant

gauge different things
    evidence?

define their terms differently
    more evidence?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it funny that the only refutation against socionics and MBTI types being the same is "I'm different types in the different systems."

The problem with that is that there are many ways in which you could be mistaken. There's no possible way to know for a fact that you are different types in the different systems, so that point is meaningless.

What we do know for a fact are the definitions of dichotomies and descriptions of the collective of those dichotomies. And, when you accept that MBTI's functions are flawed, everything falls into place. The only way I could be convinced that they aren't the same at a core level is if you wanted to argue that MBTI's functions are not flawed. In which case, I have nothing to say and you may in fact be correct that the systems are different. However, I don't know anyone who has strong understanding of both systems that would argue for MBTI's functions as existing in conjunction with socionics functions.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 08-13-2010 at 06:12 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, did either of you even read my posts before pretending to refute them?

If you think the types are the same, you need to spend more time with both theories. I've been studying MBTI for 7 years and Socionics for 5, and quite frankly the disparities are glaringly obvious to me.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see if I can put this simply:

MBTI is a theory of Personality
    Socionics is a theory of Information Metabolism

MBTI assesses personality traits
    Socionics assesses cognitive processes

MBTI typing is based on superficial traits and character idiosyncrasies
    Socionics typing is based on assessing underlying mental function and thinking patterns

Sure, they are talking generally about the same kinds of things, and there are correlations, but the specifics of the theoretical constructs differ significantly, and, thus, so do the types as entities, as well as some people's types in the respective theories.

The short and long of it is, if you think they are the same, either your understanding of one or both is flawed, or your understanding of what comprises the essence of each theory is superficial.

Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about just don't over-focus on that stuff, dichotomies, MBTI descriptions. Is it that hard? You can get a kind of good idea, without totally seeming reliant on it, and making other people think incorrectly about the theory.

Introvert/Extrovert is really good to focus on though, because it has to do directly with the dominant function, with field/object, but it should first be introduced to the other aspects.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI is a theory of Personality
    Socionics is a theory of Information Metabolism

MBTI assesses personality traits
    Socionics assesses cognitive processes

MBTI typing is based on superficial traits and character idiosyncrasies
    Socionics typing is based on assessing underlying mental function and thinking patterns
    This is actually more than a little off the mark. MBTI, properly applied, is based on everything you mentioned for Socionics. MBTI as you just described it is merely the bastardized, hyper-superficial version of the system ideated by the great fag David Keirsey. Real MBTI is based on Jungian cognition theories.

You might notice for example that I have both ENTP and the Fieldmarshal role variant (which is ENTJ) listed in my sig. That's because I am ENTP by cognitive function analysis (but not by Socionics -- I am no Fi PoLR), but my behavior is that of a Judger.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, did either of you even read my posts before pretending to refute them?

If you think the types are the same, you need to spend more time with both theories. I've been studying MBTI for 7 years and Socionics for 5, and quite frankly the disparities are glaringly obvious to me.
    How about instead of telling people they're wrong, show them. And by 'them,' I at least mean me.

You and half this forum always do that, and it never works. I don't know why you can't see that. No one is going to respond to "you are wrong" with "Omg, you're right, I am wrong... Idk why I didn't realize I'm a dumbass sooner."

Learn how to argue constructively please. And if you already do, which I know you do.. try showing it.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 08-14-2010 at 04:08 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    How about instead of telling people they're wrong, show them. And by 'them,' I at least mean me.

You and half this forum always do that, and it never works. I don't know why you can't see that. No one is going to respond to "you are wrong" with "Omg, you're right, I am wrong... Idk why I didn't realize I'm a dumbass sooner."

Learn how to argue constructively please. And if you already do, which I know you do.. try showing it.
    I'm sorry, you can't say SHIT when your response only indicates that you haven't read my posts thoroughly enough to comment.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant imagine ENTP and ESFJ (MBTI) in the same room, getting along.
    They get along in Socionics. Look at Pied Piper and Airborne.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    and some LIIs with INTJ (eg businessmen).
    Why would a businessman LII be more likely to think they are INTJ than any other LII?
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are those not traits of the typical Socionic LII? We are known for our regimented lifestyles.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request