Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by itsthem View Post
    misato - enfp
    shinji - infj
    asuka - estp
    kaworu - beta nf
    kaji - istp
    I agreed with Misato as IEE once, but now i think Se-Ti. Painful Fi and command over external world. Shinji might be EII, but i think he dualizes with Asuka, where i agree with SLE. Where is Si in Kaji? I think he's ENFX. Agree with Kaoru.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either Shinji is IEI and Asuka SLE or Shinji EII and Asuka an unhealthy LSE abusing her demonstrative (think a badly damaged Hermione Granger, basically).

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are all neurotic subtypes. And Shinji is a little pussboy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shinji EII: - I can't see much Ni in him, nor Fe. But still considering IEI

Asuka: SEE or LSE. I tend toward SEE due to her recklessness, can see that she try to supervise Shinji and think about him as being too weak. It's a one-side relationship, since Shinji doesn't do anything with Ni to help her / calm her down.

Mari (rebuild version): SLE, hear about she would become Shinji's girl friend in the next movie.

Rei: seem Si value or at least strong Si. EII or SLI. no Fe. Can't understand why someone would type her ILI.

Misato: look like Fi creative

Kaworu : EIE - his Ni feel like ten thounsand times stronger and more obvious than Shinji's and Rei's

Both Shinji and Rei, who many type as Ni lead, don't use Ni to deal with their problems at all. Shinji problems are his relationship with almost... everyone, from friends to family. He want to understand himself and other, to find his own values and strengthen the connection with the ones he care about, get accepted. Very much Fi and Fi.

And Rei, the one who doesn't have anything in her mind to talk to, doesn't really forseen, planning ahead anything.
    Last edited by Tarnished; 04-04-2021 at 12:55 PM.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given the beta tones of the franchise, it makes sense for the author to be beta. And by this case, it's highly unlikely he would choose to give an opposite quadra type to the main character.
    Moreover, according to the author's biography, the series is overwhelmingly a product of his own worldview and the bouts of depression experienced at the time, the main character being entrusted to mediate for his thoughts and feelings.
    This to me makes IEI for Shinji much more likely.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marep View Post
    Given the beta tones of the franchise, it makes sense for the author to be beta. And by this case, it's highly unlikely he would choose to give an opposite quadra type to the main character.
    Moreover, according to the author's biography, the series is overwhelmingly a product of his own worldview and the bouts of depression experienced at the time, the main character being entrusted to mediate for his thoughts and feelings.
    This to me makes IEI for Shinji much more likely.
    Well, the author could be an unhealthy IEI who accidentally focus on his 4d Fi too much without any Te balance (polr), and then we have "EII" Shinji
    Or an ILI who in a MBTI Ni-Fi loop, so he create a weaker version of him but somehow similar with his type, an EII..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marep View Post
    I think the opposite. Shinji seems completely unvaluing of the "Ni" world built in this opera, which just tries to make him learn to "accept" thing as they are. Accepting the fact everyone is a different being with good and bad traits etc.

The main theme is incommunicability. Everything Shinji says is a complaint about what he lived and feels everything is a betrayal, an evil act to damage him. He takes everything too much personally, resembling almost an ESI. But I think he is an EII.

The character who resemble most the idea and concept of the anime itself is Kaworu Nagisa, a pure beta character, which acts as a guide for Shinji in these concepts. And it is very clear the clash between kaworu's Fe - Ni vs Shinji's Fi - Ne.
    There is no trace of Fe in Shinji, in my opinion. He adjust psychological distance everytime because he fears betrayals.

I think this story plays Shinji as a vessel for the watcher himself. He is in anthitesis with the world around him.
    This is a good narrative expedient.

For the author, I don't think an EII is unable to create a more Beta opera. Ni is not valued but 4D and demonstrative. Maybe Anno has learned enough lesson with time (coming at Kaworu's conclusions) to create this. Tolkien world looks somewhat beta too, still he was EII.

Or, quoting @Tarnished
    Well, the author could be an unhealthy IEI who accidentally focus on his 4d Fi
    -> Anno could have exaggerated his negative traits to make more impact
    Last edited by Lesri; 07-22-2022 at 02:21 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhh, this is on Amazon Prime, just watched the first part 1.11. I swear all of these characters have personality disorders. They are all dysfunctional and maladaptive. Like they are ripped out of the DSM. When I finish this (I don't know when that will be), and I don't know about types because I can't get past obvious things like Shinji having Avoidant Personality Disorder, Misato having some kind of Codependent issues, Gendo being ASPD, or as I start the next part, Asuka clearly has narcissistic personality disorder, but holy shit there is a lot to unpack in each character and how they interact with each other already.
    cya

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts so far

Shinji
    Shinji thanks Gendo for spending time with him and Gendo just says "...right". Motherfucker Shinji, ask why, this motherfucker doesn't care about you, even if he's your father.
    Why don't you ask questions about the the angels? You don't even know what they are, but you pilot an Eva and don't even know why you are doing that either. Motherfucker, start asking questions.
    Don't just move in with Misato without asking "why" she wants you to move in with her. She don't even know you yet and she's so quick to get with you. Motherfucker, ask questions.
    When Misato convinced you to pilot the Eva when you didn't want to by guilt tripping you with what will happen to everyone else. That's not your problem if they don't give a fuck about you...and they really don't. Even Misato is using you here. Hell, she's keeping you at home to fill some empty void in her she's probably not even completely aware of.
    Man, you need some kind of time out where somebody that actually gives a fuck about you, clues you in on everything. Or it's never going to get better.

Gendo
    Motherfucker, why do you even like Rei? You don't give a shit about Shinji and even expected him to act the way he does. How shallow can you be to not think that emotionally nurturing your son wouldn't make him stronger and more "useful" to you anyway. If you do have ASPD, it's beneficial to at least study Game Theory. It's usually better for everyone if people work well together, even if you don't think other people really matter outside of what you want to accomplish. Rei is probably your pawn too, I just don't know why you seem to "like" her.

Misato
    Why you moving in with Shinji and then saying something weird like "He's going to find out", find out what, that you are using him to not feel lonely or something? Then don't...just be real so you can actually get real support from people and form real relationships. What the shit, this is horrible for Shinji.

Asuka
    Oh God. Try-hard supreme, enter Sweaty Gamer vs The World.
    cya

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really love the series and End of Evangelion is one of my favorite films, but the remakes are mediocre at best. I only like the fourth film because it introduced more unique things and was beautifully animated but sadly there were 3 films before that which did not work for me at all. The first film is even pointless.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@on a peaceful hiatus

I'm having a hard time watching this. Does End of Evangelion come after this? I don't think I could make it through other versions.

I made it through 2.22, on 3.33, but struggling to finish. Something feels really off about it. I wanted to try and type everyone, but I realized something. None of the characters go through any significant growth or changes. I expected something to change. And Shinji is not only the most central character, but the worst one. It seems like he has no ego at all; he lets everyone violate him and doesn't have any thoughts about it. When Misato said he doesn't ask questions and just does what he's told because that's how he deals with life, yeah no kidding...

Gendo seems to be some kind of introvert, but all we really see is that he's completely focused on his Te goals with NERV, which would contradict that. There's moments where he predicts Shinji's nature and creates contingencies and seems like maybe he's Ni valuing, but it never really becomes clear. It's like the author of the show is obscuring him and giving us a subtle impression of XLI.

Then you have Misato, perhaps the biggest contradiction. She shows full awareness of Shinji's situation, that he's a child, a pawn in all this, and that he doesn't understand or know what's going on, yet in the beginning of 3.33 she acts cold and annoyed that he almost ended the world (I think?) with the Evangelion. But Shinji was never told or warned that this would happen. It just doesn't make sense. And I don't even know how to type her, except to say that it 'feels' like she is Te/Fi valuing and punishing Shinji emotionally because she's got some internalized fear that's greater than whatever empathy she previously had for him. It also might be why she seems to have some darkness in her and this is maladaptive behavior that pushes people away and doesn't let her deal with it.

And Asuka is a little bizarre. She's got high Narcissism or Princess Syndrome. She also pushes everyone away, but never grows or realizes it. Still calls Shinji an Idiot. Honestly, it's hard to believe someone like that could exist without being taken out at some point. If you make enemies of everyone, your chances of being hammered 6 feet under get pretty high.

And the thing about Shinji, when they put the bracelet (I think it's a bomb of some sort) on his neck, why didn't he feel anger? If I had something like that happen to me, even though I wouldn't like it and I wouldn't really want to put so much emotional energy into revenge, I'd start learning to act, play the long game, funnel homicidial-suicidal ideative destructive Te (because at least if you have nothing left to lose, why not take out trash with you?) and start plotting everyone's death because at this point, everyone is a bit of a psycho. Shinji also seems extremely sensitive, almost like he's supposed to be Fe-creative, but with no ego...he's not really anything, maybe XEI.

BUT...I also realized this doesn't feel real anyway, so no sense to make sense of it. Everything is disembodied. It's Shinji's dream and everyone seems to be a reflection of some repressed trauma he has with them. I think it's his mind's way of forcing him to realize it all. And I REALLY wonder about
    Hideaki Anno. Is he Shinji? Is everyone else all the fucked up people that have traumatized him before? This feels way to personal because none of the characters have much character or development. Or am I wrong? Is this what people really are like and I've been ignorant my entire life? Wouldn't surprise me actually...

edit: Oh yeah, I forgot Rei. Rei actually is the only one that feels most consistent and sane. She seems to be introverted feeling and at one point I remember she was going to set up a dinner for Shinji and Gendo to help them get closer. Seems kind of Ne, but the rest of the time she's maybe Se, either way I can actually see something here. She does seem to have a stable growing ego, at least so far.
    Last edited by squishycans; 04-13-2024 at 07:51 AM.
    cya

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh HAHAHA
    This version is so much more realistic.
    cya

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123