Hybrid View

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Totally fallacious distinguisher for Fe/Fi. I easily chose the third over the others.
    It seems overblown to say it was "totally fallacious". I don't think the interpersonal vs. intrapersonal distinguishment between Fe and Fi is incorrect, but of course these options are the Ego functions in their strongest terms. I don't think it's particularly problematic for an apparent EIE to choose the third option.

(As it happens, the last time I took the test, I chose the first option - applicable to primarily SLIs and ILIs, when perhaps I should have chosen the third option, applicable to primarily ILEs and SLEs).

Good temperament question.
    That was derived from bullet-point desciptions by Gulenko - but I took out the descriptions of body movement I believe.

Creepy-cinq

The Observer (ILI)

74% ILI
    74% SLI
    59% LSE
    56% LIE
    53% EII
    50% LII
    47% IEE
    47% IEI
    47% SEI
    41% ILE
    41% SEE
    41% ESI
    38% LSI
    35% SLE
    32% ESE
    29% EIE

I like this test. I have to admit though, the first page always looks promising. By the time I reach the 4th page, my eyes glaze over with reading too much text. I'll try doing the test in the morning when my mind is fresh. In any case, my results are relatively consistent with the first version, with a higher SLI score the exception.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I need a SEI to recommend a better font + size. I'm not even completely sure what the font is...possibly Times New Roman. I just wanted to get the test done and not worry about such details, hoping it would inspire someone to make a much better test .

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    It seems overblown to say it was "totally fallacious". I don't think the interpersonal vs. intrapersonal distinguishment between Fe and Fi is incorrect, but of course these options are the Ego functions in their strongest terms. I don't think it's particularly problematic for an apparent EIE to choose the third option.

(As it happens, the last time I took the test, I chose the first option - applicable to primarily SLIs and ILIs, when perhaps I should have chosen the third option, applicable to primarily ILEs and SLEs).
    The problem is that Introverted Ethics is about much more than relationships and psychological distance, and Extroverted Ethics is about much more than emotional atmosphere, "having fun," etc. Personally I, and plenty of other Fe valuers I know, place a much higher premium on having close relationships and comfortable psychological distance with a select few, than "having a good time" or "being in a positive atmosphere." In fact I think the thing about being in a particular "atmosphere" is related mostly to Si.

I don't think anything about "internal dynamics of objects" or "internal statics of fields" suggests the kind of distinctions that are implied in either the test question or what seem to be your more generalized definitions of Fe and Fi.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've always been more attracted to IPs in real life, than EPs or EJs. So it could be telling in favor of EP too.

From an influence of your EP-ij behavior description, I sort of had some impression of the four subtype behaviors, and drew a little chart. Not really sure how accurate or understandable or useful it is, but I think I relate to the IJ sybtype one.

Just picture it in terms of having more or less energy, depending on the temperament. Shorter or straighter arrows for introverts. (think I may have made EP too long)

The problem is that Introverted Ethics is about much more than relationships and psychological distance, and Extroverted Ethics is about much more than emotional atmosphere, "having fun," etc.
    I think at least "psychological distance" is one of a few good words for Fi.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think at least "psychological distance" is one of a few good words for Fi.
    Well my problem is with people reducing Fi to purely the idea of "relationships," and Fe to the idea of "emotions," which causes a rather stigma-prone dichotomy.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Well my problem is with people reducing Fi to purely the idea of "relationships," and Fe to the idea of "emotions," which causes a rather stigma-prone dichotomy.
    I don't believe that the options do that. I think it does describe inter- and intrapersonal emotions and relationships.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you elaborate on what you mean when using those terms?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Conqueror (SLE)
    59% ILE, 44% LII, 38% SEI, 53% ESE, 85% SLE, 56% LSI, 47% IEI, 53% EIE, 47% SEE, 38% ESI, 32% ILI, 41% LIE, 32% IEE, 15% EII, 24% SLI and 41% LSE!