Thread: Opinions of Betas on monogamy vs. open-relationships

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Opinions of Betas on monogamy vs. open-relationships

What is the Beta perspective, generally, on monogamy vs. open relationships? Are certain beta couple pairings more or less likely to be monogamous? Are Betas more or less likely to be monogamous than other quadrants? Or do we have to defer to studies of human sexual behavior at large and assume it applies equally across the quadrants?

Lefty
    ENFJ
    4w5

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think betas can be quite jealous when they really love the partner they're with. I think monogamy is certainly possible and desired.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Betas are some of the most jealous people on Earth and are often quite likely to be unforgiving of infidelity.

The only way I'd give a second chance to someone who cheated on me is if the behavior involved something more than just a momentary lapse of morality. For instance, they took some recreational drug that reacted in a bizarre way and basically made them hallucinate and have no idea what they were doing. But even then, they would have an extremely hard time convincing me that that's what happened.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am fucking jealous as shit. I think Beta represents extremes in this regard; the Rationals tend to be very dutiful and committed, whereas the irrationals are probably the most...uhhh...flighty types in the whole socion.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Betas can be meta-monogamous.

My LSI dad told me to drop any relationship with someone who cheats on her husband to be with you. He reasons that if she cheated on her husband, she's just as likely to cheat on you as well. Although he was pretty drunk when he told me this. Then again, drinking brings out your real feelings, so idk.

Either way, I don't accept his conclusion.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

an LSI i knew once had similar reasoning; he also said that if someone cheats on you, to end the relationship, because if they do it once, they'll do it again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I think betas can be quite jealous when they really love the partner they're with. I think monogamy is certainly possible and desired.
    +5

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can have sex for sex sake without it feeling cruel or dirty. I think the problem lies in how you rawly treat others, it seems like because you're getting easy sex from somebody, that it sends a signal to some guy's head that it's okay to treat this person like shit 'cause they won't mean anything anyway.' But that isn't the sex's fault. That is the guy being a douchebag.

And then of course, a huge problem is if you lie about it to somebody you supposedly care about. Instead of being a man and saying 'I really just want to fuck this person, do you mind?' (and frankly, this is a balance between how girls need to stop thinking they are these special little princesses in society, and men need to simply stop being assholes) Not to mention with all the diseases around today, you going out being a slut then going back to the person... but it doesn't mean that you're a 'bad person' just cause you want to fuck somebody.

And girls should stop guilt tripping guys cause they want to fuck other people. Lest you want to be gulit tripped in buying pointless shit on QVC that you don't need.

Sex is not the enemy - garbage. =D