Thread: What traits do Gammas appreciate in others?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What traits do Gammas appreciate in others?

I sound like an idiot for asking this. A good work ethic, ambition, courtesy are some traits that come to my mind. What are some traits that gammas find attractive and traits that gammas find unattractive?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by good work ethic?
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

naked women and a pool party usually does it for me.

Creepy-cinq

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    I sound like an idiot for asking this. A good work ethic, ambition, courtesy are some traits that come to my mind. What are some traits that gammas find attractive and traits that gammas find unattractive?
    Why are you interested in knowing how to win Gammas over?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, (Romantically): be a mature dual of mine. LOL

for me, (platonically): be aware, be considerate, be respectful, stand up to oppression, or be intellectually stimulating, etc.

understand, especially because you value Fe, that I feel attacked by it sometimes or like it's a foreign, awkward ritual. . .

Don't require me to show affection the way you're used to it. My complimenting someone or hanging out or protecting someone can be a sign of affection....

Give me information.

Allow me (the gamma) to help you with something.

Give me ideas to think about, NOT in a demeaning or vain way. I will be less interested in discussing it and focus on analyzing your vanity if you do it with a puffed-up manner.

DO NOT CALL ME ILLOGICAL simply because we use differing Ts ( and ). Seriously!

also, my ex (ILE) would not have his needs met when my was used. My needs weren't met when his was used. It's pretty frustrating. Same with my best friend who's an ILE. He and I find great comfort in the NT retreat we share from the world, though.

I really like a great many things about ILEs.

We have explosive fights, though. I prefer analyzing why we're fighting (not in front of non-NTs, tho).

Some very great bonding with my ILE buddy.

It helped me a lot to read that ILEs wonder, "What does this person want from me?" when an Fi expression is made. I had to explain it to an EII that the ILE feels manipulated by stuff like this. I like that I get to say it to him, but I don't pause for acknowledgment, like I would with other types. I hope that helps. It's seemed to work better.

I don't know how best to describe it, but there's a thing that riles me in ILE-ILI interaction:
    I don't know if it's Ti or Si, but when ILEs say something IS a certain way and use this subjective opinion in an argument (especially about people), it drives me nuts sometimes. i don't know how best to say it...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in favor of;
    -Argument. Any topic. Anything goes.
    -Driven people who know what they are living for. This doesn't mean Se; it just means you've got a reason to live for that I haven't already ruled out as outright stupidity.
    -Confidence and expertise in what you are talking about
    -Focus in conversation matter; interactions can't be bouncing off the walls, a topic deserves more than a few minutes' consideration.

I am against;
    -People who don't live by their own principles; I loathe hypocrisy/inconsistency
    -Lack of direction or goals in life.

Sounds Ni valuing I guess. I tried not to be bias based on functions but there you go Why don't you tell us what type you're trying to win over, as I think you'll just get ILI responses

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    I am in favor of;
    -Argument. Any topic. Anything goes.
    -Driven people who know what they are living for. This doesn't mean Se; it just means you've got a reason to live for that I haven't already ruled out as outright stupidity.
    -Confidence and expertise in what you are talking about
    -Focus in conversation matter; interactions can't be bouncing off the walls, a topic deserves more than a few minutes' consideration.

I am against;
    -People who don't live by their own principles; I loathe hypocrisy/inconsistency
    -Lack of direction or goals in life.

Sounds Ni valuing I guess. I tried not to be bias based on functions but there you go Why don't you tell us what type you're trying to win over, as I think you'll just get ILI responses
    FWIW,

I found myself reading then skipping off (using the mouse gesture) back to the main page to look for more interesting things to read.

Then I figured I'd give my take.

A lot of what you're saying that you think is Ni is actually Te. Hence the kind of repel in me.

I think that
    "-Focus in conversation matter; interactions can't be bouncing off the walls, a topic deserves more than a few minutes' consideration."

Is what puts ILI's off me the fastest...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    FWIW,

I found myself reading then skipping off (using the mouse gesture) back to the main page to look for more interesting things to read.

Then I figured I'd give my take.

A lot of what you're saying that you think is Ni is actually Te. Hence the kind of repel in me.

I think that
    "-Focus in conversation matter; interactions can't be bouncing off the walls, a topic deserves more than a few minutes' consideration."

Is what puts ILI's off me the fastest...
    That's true; intense and focused conversation with a specific lack of craziness probably means Te. I was thinking the driven/long term goals business was more Ni/Se related even though I didn't intend it.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my case, you should have some goals and aspirations of some kind. I have a hard time relating to people who don't have some idea of where they want to go in life. I really enjoy talking about that kind of stuff.

I love arguments, controversial discussions, and philosophical discussions.

Talk to me about personal things. Obviously if you walk up to me and start telling me about your sex life it's gong to be a little weird, but if I know you're name and at least a little about you, I can't imagine myself shying away from anything personal you want to talk about.

Ask me for advice. (If you do that in combination with one of the above, you've won me over.)

Be mature, some common decency never hurt.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    In my case, you should have some goals and aspirations of some kind. I have a hard time relating to people who don't have some idea of where they want to go in life. I really enjoy talking about that kind of stuff.

I love arguments, controversial discussions, and philosophical discussions.

Talk to me about personal things. Obviously if you walk up to me and start telling me about your sex life it's gong to be a little weird, but if I know you're name and at least a little about you, I can't imagine myself shying away from anything personal you want to talk about.

Ask me for advice. (If you do that in combination with one of the above, you've won me over.)

Be mature, some common decency never hurt.
    Y'know, you're repeating this thing of knowing where you want to go in life.. similar to that other person ..

Maybe this is a real gamma thing.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    No really I don't care about that in a friend, it's more important that you're polite but also fun / have some slapstick - sexual humor. If you mean more like, how can you make me admire you, then probably having multiple intellectual interests will do, as well as being flexible in your thinking and not being excessively serious. Loving adventures is also a plus, it's hard for me to be friends with excessively stay-at-home kind of people.

Some people have all these long term goals and are really driven and they're really lame, and some people are cool but don't have good long term goals or lack drive .. to get them done.
    Yeah, definitely. I mean, if you want me to join in a business venture or some shit like that, then sure it's better if you have some sort of plan...but if you just want to be friends, I couldn't care less. Some heroin addicts have cooler stories than many boring people with goals that I constantly meet @ university.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    No really I don't care about that in a friend, it's more important that you're polite but also fun / have some slapstick - sexual humor. If you mean more like, how can you make me admire you, then probably having multiple intellectual interests will do, as well as being flexible in your thinking and not being excessively serious.
    Guys admiring other guys is creepy.

Yeah, definitely. I mean, if you want me to join in a business venture or some shit like that, then sure it's better if you have some sort of plan...but if you just want to be friends, I couldn't care less.
    I HAVE A PLAN FOR YOU.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Guys admiring other guys is creepy.
    UH ur homophopic
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    UH ur homophopic
    only when you stand a little too close.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trust

The kind we may neglect our guard enough to let them speak for us, keep our treasures and significant ones safe, and believing that, even if things went wrong, that failure had a reason you'll find acceptable later.

I found these qualities or the gist they might develop among three ESI and two EII. Of course, this takes years.

Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj View Post
    and his style of argumentation which was kept to the ideas being discussed and not personal attacks.
    Very desirable. Allows for peaceful dissent.
    Last edited by Koneko; 09-24-2015 at 01:12 PM. Reason: futher quote
    Balzac