Thread: Portraits by E. Filatova

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you're welcome i actually think they're pretty reliable, as some other people have commented. (even though they are sort of dated)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    you're welcome i actually think they're pretty reliable, as some other people have commented.
    I agree.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

moved this thread to the Articles subforum.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish those old (but more recent) Russian photos still had working links, or that a forum member with excellent foresight saved those galleries... There was some VI gold in there.

In these photos, the expressions don't look natural in a lot of cases. I can imagine Filatova saying to that one ENFj -- the one resting his chin ponderously between his fingers -- "ok, now look a little like ******.. No, no! Don't go overboard..."

Also, from these photos, I find it somewhat surprising that the 70s were an androgynous decade even behind the Iron Curtain... Looks like they were feeling the Alice Cooper & Bowie influence as well... Or maybe they still have eunuchs over there?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This other page still the clearest source for VI I've seen http://gallery.socionix.com/, especially now that its fuller than before.

Really is something worth studying and getting down, the obviously common expressions of each type.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it better than the Filatova one because at least this one uses people that I can identify as male or female, (which I consider helpful.)

That site's always done a good job with the Fe types, in my opinion; however, personally, I find that that site's typings become inaccurate with the Fi types. I've known the people who've compiled that site and personally, I believe that there might be some self-justification in the Fi typings.

For example, typing Bob Dylan as ISFj -- his biography is full of religious conversions, dramatic Fe lyrics (e.g. "Sara,") and manipulating people... None of it connotes or denotes Fi, yet that's supposedly his leading function according to that site. The Dylan/John Lennon car ride sequence helped me with their types.

Did anyone save that old (but not too old) Russian VI from a conference that they had..? There was gold there.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I'm going to take it back: the Fes have gotten quite skewed as well, it seems... Al Gore next to Sean Penn should raise eyebrows.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    For example, typing Bob Dylan as ISFj -- his biography is full of religious conversions, dramatic Fe lyrics (e.g. "Sara,") and manipulating people... None of it connotes or denotes Fi, yet that's supposedly his leading function according to that site. The Dylan/John Lennon car ride sequence helped me with their types.
    Bob Dylan is definitely ESI imo. John Lennon seems really adverse to him the same way I get with my ILE brother. But overall he just has that attitude I associate with perceiving subtype Fi-doms. It's hard to explain but relatively easy to pick up on. The flow of feeling is very inward and subjectively accepted, and unlike any Fe-creatives. This is why its exactly like every conflict situation I've seen: the more oblivious end (Dylan) takes over and the other (Lennon) is left uncomfortable and a bit confused/annoyed trying to match them for positive interaction, but failing in almost every way.

If you think its good with Fe typings then I'm curious why you think Dylan supposedly fits with them? That description you give doesn't fit with how I mostly perceive him or Fi. You might understand his Fi-ness better if you read Jung, watch more ESIs/SEEs, or get a better idea of how he's like, or even read Reinin for the serious quadra differences--he doesn't give me any Fe vibes, yet people may call him that because he can be kinda dramatic and lively in his own ways, but I mostly see this as how internally playful more freer-spirited Fi types can be, usually perceiving subtypes.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Actually, I'm going to take it back: the Fes have gotten quite skewed as well, it seems... Al Gore next to Sean Penn should raise eyebrows.
    Eh. Not all types are equal. I personally can't see either of them as a different type. They're both in the dramatic show boat category too, though most dominants aren't usually 'crazy' full of expression ofc. You could put all those types of people together (like Jim Carey's energy and crazy-like persona of dramatism) and get a variety of motivations, but the selection would not be very realistically large or encompassing, nor most importantly would it be very representative of their cognitive differences. There's a more thoughtful way to go abouts categorizing people.

+ I wonder why people chose to bring these sorts of disagreements up when the purpose and achievement of the VI page is valid and respectable. Just go through each Fe-ESFj image and see how extremely similar the eyes and overall expression are to one another. There's no way I would confuse this expression for another type, or hopefully anyone who has their types correctly. It's understandable if you don't rely on VI or have your own approach, but I rely on VI only because it matches up well with the types.

I'm sure you're familiar with the typing of Fe-INFp for you. Then it would be most beneficial to see the similarities there, I personally think they're more obvious than with ENFj, because you have an introverted and calm expression and energy, mostly inwardly focused. Looks like my Fe-INFp sister. I've seen some of your videos too and it just my personal impression.

Anyway I'm sure we'll agree to disagree, that's how I operate.
    Last edited by 717495; 09-25-2011 at 01:48 PM.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn...these people are really ugly, some of them don't even look human.

@Subterranean those weren't the actual people were they? They did look like some of them.
    Last edited by Leader; 09-26-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you say are the definining charicteristics of the SEE's and SLEs expression? The SLE's kinda look like they are staring and the SEE's may be too but are friendlier.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe.

ISFp

ENTj

ISFj

Last edited by suedehead; 04-15-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post

ISFj
    This for sure.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe.

ISFp

ENTj

ISFj

LSI

ESI

SLI

Long, oval-shaped head, etc.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI

ESI

SLI

Long, oval-shaped head, etc.
    you're not IEE

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Clearly View Post
    you're not IEE
    Lol why, because of VI?

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one who loves this guy's expression? (I mean it's so ridiculous it's good.)

et_004.jpg

Most of the EIEs have interesting expressions but that guy takes the cake (the top left guy has the best hairdo though).

I also like a lot of the alpha LII and ESE expressions.

LII doom gaze:

li_006.jpg li_001.jpg

The guy on the left is Kafka's Russian twin:

es_001.jpg 2288_kafka_franz.jpg

There are a lot of hilarious expressions in these pictures in general. I am totally with the people who think some of this was faked. The second LII one I posted, for example, looks really forced, and so do a lot of the smiles on ESE, one SEE is Lady Gaga, the EIEs have rock star poses, and there are all the serial killers.

Unlike seemingly many people here, I don't look like any of the people on the first page, but then, I'm not a 70s Russian so what should I expect.
    Last edited by Pallas; 10-18-2016 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came here because I cannot decide between ISFP or ISTP.

I thought I could come here to this thread and identify what type I am by looking at the images corresponding to each type (Loosely [yes I know MBTI and Socionics is not a 1:1 ratio]) Only to find that I pretty much match both equally. :/

The only reason I am leaning LSI is because the brow for ESI is a little bit more perky :/
    I struggle with motivation, apathy and sticking to goals.