Thread: Rage and Enneagram Type 6

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rage and Enneagram Type 6

I know we did a thread on rage/anger but I was wondering if anyone else sees a correlation between someone being an E-6 and perhaps more prone to angry outbursts or even serious rage.

lend me your thoughts.

oh, and if moderators wanna move this to the enneagram subforum, that's fine too. I wasn't sure where to put it.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah, "Is It Type Related?" and all those are for socionics discussion... i moved this to the Enneagram subforum

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, thank-you glam!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mel Gibson is 6w5 so/sx. Although 8s are probably more prone to raaaage than 6s.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Mel Gibson is 6w5 so/sx. Although 8s are probably more prone to raaaage than 6s.
    I don't know about that.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, there´s a strong relation.

1s, 6s and 8s are the 'angry types' of the Enneagram.

I´m not sure yet whether I´m a 1 or 6. Probably 1 but anyway exploring possibilities. Some sixes can be taken for ones and vice-versa because they have very much in common. Such as being rigid, rules rules rules, anxiety problems, lots of self-criticism, and rage outbursts.

I was told in an Enneagram center I used to go that the USA is mainly E3, but it has an E6 society sustaining the whole stuff. 'On a group level Americans are E3, but on an individual level they´re E6, everybody has guns and etc., all these counterphobic and phobic issues.'

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I don't know about that.
    6 is probably the most reactive type. It's easier to provoke a 6 than it is an 8. 6s are most likely to fall victim to internet trolls.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    - Tritypes is bullshit.
    true.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I know we did a thread on rage/anger but I was wondering if anyone else sees a correlation between someone being an E-6 and perhaps more prone to angry outbursts or even serious rage.

lend me your thoughts.
    A lot of the things mentioned in this thread resonate with me. However, I'm considered to be a gentle person and laid back. While I have experienced periods of anger, I've never really shown serious rage, or at least I don't consider it anything outside of "normal." Whenever I feel like I'm charging up in anger I try to release it by lifting weights/running. Otherwise, yeah, it's like a ticking time bomb.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    A lot of the things mentioned in this thread resonate with me. However, I'm considered to be a gentle person and laid back. While I have experienced periods of anger, I've never really shown serious rage, or at least I don't consider it anything outside of "normal." Whenever I feel like I'm charging up in anger I try to release it by lifting weights/running. Otherwise, yeah, it's like a ticking time bomb.
    How a person deals with anger is dependent on their gut-type. Lucid explained it really well here.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Now with the e-6... there rage comes from anxiety and trust issues. These issues of anxiety and trust can cause them to be put into a state of panic, at which point its possible for instinct to take over when their mental clarity becomes shattered...

Now e6 with 8 is likely to get more active under panic... frantic and focus on doing something... fidgity, nervous, upset... pace angrily... break something... drive fast... work out at the gym... run.... work hard. To an outside observer they appear like a nervous ball of energy that on contact will explode.

Now e6 with 1 is more likely to get more rigid under panic... get obsessive and unload on those who disturb order/rules.... become high maintenance and type A. To an outside observer they appear nervous, stiff, and to have a rigid obsessive nature.

Now e6 with 9 is more likely to get a little dazed or down under panic... they get calmer and more subdued... sometimes passive aggressive... they may act calm on the surface under panic but then unload their nerves on something... or they may act calm on the surface then find a good friend to unload all their grievances to.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    How a person deals with anger is dependent on their gut-type. Lucid explained it really well here.
    Hmm, I guess I'd be something between the e6-8 and e6-1.