TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Samurai Jack

ESTj ? ISTx ?

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Samurai Jack (voiced by Phil LaMarr) is the son of the lord who ruled the area where Aku originally appeared on Earth, and is banished to the future by Aku during their first battle, where he is left in every episode to search for a way home.

Jack strongly exhibits the characteristics of a stoic hero. He is unfailingly polite and humble despite the completely alien nature of the futuristic world and never scoffs at or disparages the customs of the people he encounters. Despite his almost hopeless situation, he does not bewail his destiny, instead exhibiting a strong amor fati. Jack consistently shows an uncommon moral strength of character by helping the poor and defenseless along the way. Occasionally he faces great physical pain, or has to forget his own goals in order to help someone in need.
    LSI sounds more accurate to me. Seems to value Fe, and "stoic" definitely sounds LSI>LSE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree about the "stoic" appearance, but I thought ...

He is unfailingly polite and humble despite the completely alien nature of the futuristic world and never scoffs at or disparages the customs of the people he encounters.
    Si in the ego-block.

Jack consistently shows an uncommon moral strength of character by helping the poor and defenseless along the way. Occasionally he faces great physical pain, or has to forget his own goals in order to help someone in need.
    This confirms to what I tend to think of as Fi in delta STs.

Despite his almost hopeless situation, he does not bewail his destiny, instead exhibiting a strong amor fati.
    Well, this one does sound like Se/Ni.

Having watched the film and being somewhat familiar with the plot, I think he's definitely an ST character, and probably delta. I wouldn't dismiss LSI, but I don't think there's a 4th possibility.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    He is unfailingly polite and humble despite the completely alien nature of the futuristic world and never scoffs at or disparages the customs of the people he encounters.
    Si in the ego-block.

Jack consistently shows an uncommon moral strength of character by helping the poor and defenseless along the way. Occasionally he faces great physical pain, or has to forget his own goals in order to help someone in need.
    This confirms to what I tend to think of as Fi in delta STs.
    I think the first is definitely more related to valuing Fe.

The first part of the second sounds superficially like either Sensing function in the ego, but the second does seem more Fi and Si.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bumped for Gulanzon

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen this movie nor am I familiar with this character, therefore, I cannot give a strong opinion on this guy's type, but I don't think anything within the quoted Wikipedia article points toward Fe valuing at all.

My opinion on how Fi HA (or suggestive) manifests in Delta STs correlates with WP's, but I think any type can be that way, just based on the description, but all together Delta ST makes sense. LSI would be my second or third impression, without any other knowledge than what's been presented in this thread thus far.

Gulanzon is my homeboy.

Creepy-male

Delta.

Se-devaluing = avoids Conflikts by "standing out". I'd associate his really deliberate feel with being Si base, not Se base. That he's Morally Upright points to Fi-valuing.

I'd read Se-egos as being singularly ruthless with an element of Chaos For The Hell Of It. Whitaker's dude in Ghost Dog, for instance? He's not Se-base. There's no wilful Chaotic Stupid in any of his actions. Same with Jack.

At the same time, he seems to be too level, mood-wise. WP, as resident Awesome/SLI, would you say you feel cyclical, or just low-key and deliberate?

For now, Delta ST. Leaning towards LSE.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    At the same time, he seems to be too level, mood-wise. WP, as resident Awesome/SLI, would you say you feel cyclical, or just low-key and deliberate?
    I feel like both. Can't really say which one more than the other.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I think the first is definitely more related to valuing Fe.
    Not really. It depends on the person. You can see the more conservative, small town ESFjs who think people's customs from other countries or cultures unlike their own are foolish. And ISTjs who are the same way.

You've never encountered an ISTj dad who pushed for his children to be a certain way, a certain major, a certain career, and scoffed at them if they chose something he thought was stupid?

There are so many other factors, I don't see how you can classify it as "Fe valuing".

You could just as well say that it's "Fi Ne" if you want to.

I don't think not scoffing at other people's beliefs is, in and of itself, significant of much.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-male

Robot city: MOST DISTURBING SCENE IN ALL OF SAMURAI JACK.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to think of an episode with more accentuated Fi (and Si) values. Any ideas?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think those wiki quotes could easily point to LSI.

Plus, I think his temperament is a very good example of IJ.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Plus, I think his temperament is a very good example of IJ.
    Not really. If anything, his temperament points slightly towards dynamic > static.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread moved to Personas Famosas.

Under cerulean skies...