Thread: Animal Rights

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I see nothing wrong with eating meat, but at the same time I believe we should be respectful and thankful for animals, and this means treating them humanly. Even though they may not understand what's going on, they may still have an inner knowing. I feel like they most often sense things, perhaps more strongly than us, and of course, they feel pain too.
    This expresses my feelings on the topic well. Thanks.
    In many ways, I find that INFp's are my window to expressing my feelings the way I want them to be expressed
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-27-2010 at 12:46 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the point in asking whether or not animals have rights when it seems pretty clear that rights don't exist any more than the ten commandments.

I'll just assume the question is whether or not we should give animals the same treatment as people. In that case, we should probably do whatever is beneficial to do. Unless it would be beneficial to do otherwise, generally we shouldn't let animals go extinct. Beyond that, there's no reason to go out of our way to make animals suffer, but unless it will affect your sleep, we should do whatever will make life easiest. Pain is the price for life. Of course the consequence of this is that if enough believe that animals should have "rights" for whatever reason, then we should grant it to them. It wouldn't be beneficial to contradict the majority. Obviously not to the whole, and in most cases not to the individual.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12