Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sillyness

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was never aware of my weakness. Even when others pointed it out to me I never made anything of it. I don't know if that correlates.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    For example when I am in a depressed one thing that gets me out of it is relaxing comfortably in a cozy environment with cheerful people. What I actually do is isolate myself from people, don't take showers, eat very little or waaay too much, brush my teeth not at all or obsessively, sleep for 14 hours a day and sink into further lethargy.
    This is interesting, Pedro. When I become depressed, I uncontrollably obsess over things, like TV, books, or Socionics. Then I jump between these things, tiring of them quickly. When it comes to the stuff I need to do, it becomes unbearable. Thus, I never get anything done.

I find that when I focus on Se stuff, I become normal again. For instance, I can, for no apparent reason, start doing mindless physical tasks, like shoveling snow for an hour or doing chores without being asked. People find this quite odd, but I find it very refreshing. I do some of my best thinking in this mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose I should tell you guys this now, for it's been sitting on my mind for some time now. At the very end of May (or whenever I get out of school,) I am quitting Socionics. I cannot live with an obsession any longer. I must focus on living for awhile, and the only way I can do this is to cut back on my interests. During the summer, I hope to focus most of my energy on my piano and love. Introverted Complexity No. 47 is going to haunt me no longer.

Expect a goodbye post to appear here sometime either next week or the week after. I may come back to Socionics at a later time in my life, after I've lived awhile.

Socionics will not die!

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    I agree with you about to pull out of a depression. This is what I do too and it works pretty well.

So you're going off the site, eh? Too much of a head trip? Yeah, it IS too much of a head trip, but you know, we make it that way. It doesn't have to be. I don't think we focus as much on application and personal growth as much as we could. We don't talk much about relationships with others, instead we get on these intellectual rants about the theory or try to come up with ways of verifying it or not verifying it.

We miss the boat and the point, I think.
    Entp
    ILE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12