Thread: Temperaments

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The temperaments should directly follow from the IEs and vice versa. People really underestimate just how much EPs are dependent on external stimuli. That EP description is a perfect explanation of the mental process behind and IMO.

I don't think subtypes change temperaments very much. Maybe in how the temperaments are outwardly expressed for others to see, but not significantly.

In both IEs what's emphasized is the ability to quickly react to changes and to have maximum flexibility without any attachments. and formulate a static picture, but since the world isn't innately static, we don't have the luxury of keeping it. It becomes important to constantly update it and to extract as much information as possible from external stimuli. There is always external information that contradict internal signals, which always end up being ignored.

When VI-ing dominance, what I look for is whether the person is constantly scanning the environment (as in every second), looking for changes, updating his perception and mental catalog about the stimuli around him so he can hone in on what's of interest.

In order to roughly gauge how the immediate situation will unfold, they appreciate someone with strong whom they can observe reacting beforehand to any expected changes.

The dual doesn't necessarily have to verbalize anything; duality often works by seeing the dual act in certain ways around you, emit certain body language, then forming an understanding of his intent based on that. You're programmed to perceive the information that your dual naturally generates and this unconscious perception is what gets activated.

dominance is harder to VI because the IE is internal and hidden, but what I look for is how easy it is to engage the person's curiosity. Just how far is he willing to question his beliefs and gather the maximum amount of conceptual, factual, whatever information as possible while building that mental picture. Which is usually a never-ending process and the source of the calculated doubt associated with but not . The observation that they will overuse the imperative verb form to express conditional certainty is right on.

Reminds me of this Russian joke:
    When Don Quixote says yes, he means maybe.
    When he says maybe, he means no.
    When he says no, he fancies himself Caesar.

Creepy-male

Just gonna drop this in as a potentially interesting tidbit,

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Temperaments]Five Temperaments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I'm like that non-stop when walking around. It's involuntary.
    Then I'm tentatively typing you as dominant.