All good questions that I'm not sure I can answer entirely accurately, but I can at least give you my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
Hmm what is it that prevents a function from simultaneously existing in two blocks... like why can't a function in the ego be also in the super-ego...
Well, by definition the base and creative are the ego block. I'm not sure how to answer that. However, if by "function", you mean "element", I would think that the mind is going to focus on something. Whatever you spend a lot of time focusing on will become an area of confidence, and so it seems that there will be at least one area of confidence. We can call this "ego." The mind has a finite ability to build knowledge and acquire data, so in focusing on one aspect of reality, other aspects are neglected, so there will be other areas that we can focus on but that we often overlook in preference to the opposing aspect of reality. (spend so much time on the inside of the box, that the outside is not as familiar.) We can just call this neglected aspect of reality "super-ego."

Opposing arguments could be made I'm sure, but I would think that spending equal amounts of time on opposing elements would be inefficient and leave you weak at both. Is it conceivable that one could spend equal amounts of time on opposing elements? I guess it is. So I don't really have any way of explaining that. Some believe that types are continuous rather than 16 discrete types. In other words, You could be perfectly in the middle between ENTj and ESTj or ENTj and ENFj, and you be anywhere between.

why does the existence of having a function in the ego imply the positions of other elements...
This is my understanding:

Lets say for instance we are given an Se-base. Se and Ne both focus on a similar aspect of reality (static objects) .. (or in another perspective, are similar ways of processing data rather than aspects of reality itself) .. When the Se-base spends as much time on Se as he does he loses his awareness of Ne, however his primary focus is still on static objects, and so Ne isn't as weak as say his PoLR element. His PoLR element (lets just say Ti) is so weak because in order to really understand Se he sometimes focuses on Fi. He needs static fields to aid him in his focus on static objects, but it is just that, an aid. So he only needs some static fields. A little Fi here and there is all he needs for that, so static fields are relatively neglected when compared to static objects.

When it comes to the vital functions, things become less clear to me. The SEE from our example is mentally focused on static aspects, but he still lives in a world filled with dynamic aspects. While he is not consciously aware, he is dealing with it all the time. Dynamic reality is merely the opposite side of static reality. Ni is the aspect of reality least dealt with of the subconscious. Ni is in every way opposite of Se. Focusing on Se means you're miles away from Ni. Almost no Ni information is able to come to a mind focusing on Se without aid. Ni is weak Se, just as strong Se is weak Ni. Being spontaneous, hasty, and instinctual means you often neglect planning, reflection, and imagination. Of course these characteristics are only byproducts of the elements, but I think it shows that it only seems logical that as one element becomes stronger, it's compliment becomes weaker. And this is how the vital functions are set up in relation to the mental ones. (4d base/1d suggestive, 3d creative/2d HA, 2d role/3d ignoring, 1d PoLR/4d demonstrative.)

what is the connection between information elements and how this is connected to the four blocks.
Basically, the elements are connected by the fact that they are all ways of interpreting reality, and there is some overlap in these different ways. The blocks just represent the way in which we prioritize the elements.