Thread: My ILE-ENTp description

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My ILE-ENTp description

The intuitive-logical extravert is one for whom the external world is divided into two categories: that which is interesting, entertaining, or otherwise stimulating, and that which is not. Extraverted intuition, his primary mode of life, is a function of the world of possibilities and potentialities, with secondary (creative) introverted thining seeking the essense or logical construction of these possiblities. If the ILE does not perceive an object or system as having a great number of opportunities or possibilities, he dismisses it as "boring." People, too, are sometimes judged in this manner, although rarely so: ILEs are skilled at seeing the potential in anyone, so very few are actually labeled in this manner. Indeed, the ILE is often the first to see the good or potential in a misjudged person.

The ILE has a strange temperment. Upon first impression, he will either appear gregarious, outgoing, and open, or reserved, pensive, somewhat passive, and perhaps even unsure of himself; this is completely dependant on what kind of mood he is in; he is completely at the whim of his own state of mind, and as all other things, this will determine your impression of him. The important thing to know is that, either way, there is more to the ILE than you immediately see, even just in terms of surface personality.

The ILE is a spontaneous generator of ideas. More often than not, it is his extraordinary ability to "put 2 and 2 together" faster than others that is the source of his ideas. Lateral combinatory thinking is a great strength of his. Because of this, he can often see through fallacies and point out weaknesses in others' arguments; for this reason, he makes a great lawyer or politician. However, the ILE is not a supporter of hierarchy, and often shies away from potential opportunities in these areas as a result. He finds independance and entrepreneurship much more attractive: they allow him to be his own boss without the inherent responsibilities of being an executive or manager. However, unlike the IEE, the ILE can tolerate hierarchy if it serves his "greater plan," so many of this type are still found in big budsiness, especially in positions in which they don't have anyone directly above or below them. He avoids direct responsibilities, so having people under him is usually another deterrant for holding a position in management.

The ILE's greatest weakness comes in the form of a painful awareness of his own lack of tact or social awareness. Although healthy representatives of this type seldom say anything intentionally hurtful, they often fail to realize the effect that their words or intonations have on other people. They can be quite condescending sometimes, even belittling, but completely oblivious. Friends of the ILE are aware and tolerant of this weakness, but those unfamiliar with him are often turned off by this behavior. In most cases, people are either attracted to this brashness, or shy away from it; the ILE's behavior lends itself to a "love me or hate me" attitude, even if he is unaware of the distinction.

Another weakness of the ILE that he is able to mask with practice and conscious effort is his general lack of knowledge of "propper" social behavior. He prefers it when others initiate contact, and can often be affable and genuine when approached. However, if required to approach another, he is usually either overly assuming of familiarity, or overly formal; yet again, the person he approaches is either drawn to his behavior or given to see him as fake and pretentious, perpetuating the "love me or hate me" aura around him.

The ILEs final downfall comes in his inconsistency in asserting himself. The ILE can be quite a pushover, until you threaten either his ideas or his potential. Insulting either of these will provoke an immediate and often harsh reaction, and he will not desist until he feels he has sufficiently convinced you. These extremes aside, however, the ILE is often passive, even to the point of being a pushover. He is easily swept aside with an adequate show of will or self-assertion, unless he senses weakness, in which case he is once again likely to have a rebuttle at the ready.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is basically my attempt at distinguishing the ILE from your every-day "smart kid."

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For an ENFj, you sure do have ENTps figured out.
    ENTp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So does anyone have any comments on my actual description?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reminds me of an entp freind of mine. when we walk anywhere together, he walks so close to me that we touch, then he moves about 7 feet away, then back again. he uses the entire sidewalk. almost like a physical manifestation of inconsistent psychological distance. good description, even though it doesnt give loads of new info.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I know it's nothing entirely new, but I tried to incorporate everything. People are so often turned off by the fact that the strong points of the ILE are pointed out, when in reality it's his weak points that are usually more obvious, especially because they have to do with dealing with people; what is more apparent in dealig with someone than how they deal with people? This is more of a guide on how to spot ILEs than anything else.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's very good, I can recognize my ENTp brother in that description.

This is particularly insightful:

Friends of the ILE are aware and tolerant of this weakness, but those unfamiliar with him are often turned off by this behavior. In most cases, people are either attracted to this brashness, or shy away from it; the ILE's behavior lends itself to a "love me or hate me" attitude, even if he is unaware of the distinction.
    My brother has a wide circle of friends, but when he started dating his present wife, an ISFp, who was also his first "very serious" girlfriend, I heard comments like "only she would be able to stand him" coming from some of his friends' girlfriends.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had analogous comments from males, but not from girls.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    This is basically my attempt at distinguishing the ILE from your every-day "smart kid."
    Hey Gilligan, why not try putting that Ne towards some crosstype descriptions? :wink: I'm not faring so good at them myself....

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you considred this question?

( I seem to have a liking of applying soundclips to certain situations )
    carry on
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP

have you considred this question?

( I seem to have a liking of applying soundclips to certain situations )
    carry on
    What are you? You say nothing that contributes to actual socionics discussions, and the things you DO say or imply don't make any sense at all. Are you some kind of strange non-sequitor being?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I get Ti corruption from time to time. Don't worry about it. It was an odd attempt at humor, but I think it's an inside joke.

As in, Inside of my Ti.

So I guess that kind of............. really counts everybody else out. Oh well.

Carry on
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha your ILE description sounds just like me... especially overly assuming of familiarity.

and being outgoing/open or pensive/reserved

and seeing the good in everyone

and the whole management thing

I have even caught myself saying, "I don't get it but, people seem to either love me or hate me"

Wow, even the passive pushover thing strikes a chord, unless i am trying to prove something/myself...

This is so fun, so now tell me how to grow and/or take over the world

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically, it goes like this:

Phase 1 - Collect underpants
    Phase 2 - ...
    Phase 3 - Profit

Oh, and work on expressing yourself; she'll think it's cute.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://socionics.com/advan/prof/entp.htm

Another good ENTp description, especially the negatives. The positives are over-generalized and, I think, rather dry and uninformative.

http://socionics.com/prof/entp2.htm

Harsh (some of it), but I find most of it true.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was maybe the best description of me so far I might change quadras again I have to wait a bit though...I might just be looking for supportive evidence...tomorrow I might feel different.

Wife's quick opinion: No real contradictions with me, could very well be me, but not getting "ABSOLUTELY ACCURATE" feeling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I've had analogous comments from males, but not from girls.
    Damn your avatar is so cute that it makes me doubt having a Fi PoLR You haven't joined/replaced Ashton as Kim's Fi slave have you?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say: if the glove fits, wear it.

Under cerulean skies...