Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Te or Ti?

Is the following post by DJ, Te or Ti? Please offer explanations why or why not? Please dissect away.

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    UGH. God dammit, Rick.

There will not be a permanent decline in economic activity. There is plenty of scientific research being done on alternatives to fossil fuels, and the economic incentive for profit will pretty much guarantee that one of them becomes popular and causes the economics cogs to start turning again.

Any time you take out a loan, you are taking on a risk. Before taking out a student loan, you should do research to determine how lucrative your chosen degree is and what the jobs market is like for people with that degree. A philosophy major, for example, has little business taking on such debt unless he values possessing the degree more than the freedom of not having to pay back the loan while working a crappy job. It all amounts to opportunity cost.

Of course it will. The problem right now is that the various Western governments are making the recovery take longer by fucking with the economic fundamentals of their respective economies. This is common sense. However, free market capitalism, though it can be slowed, has proven time and time again that it is robust enough to prosper in spite of substantial detrimental mitigating factors, like tariffs and government oversight.

How many of these people will contribute to the inevitable economic recovery that will take place in the next five to ten years? You need to look at the big picture and determine if there is a net benefit to society in having these people educated despite the costs incurred.

Monetary return on investment? If there truly weren't any monetary return, then of course it would generally be foolish to take on such debt. However, most college degrees do result in costs being recovered and then some.

Most of them do, but it's actually pretty easy to pay back $30,000 when you're making $40-50,000 a year out of college. It may take some years, but it's very doable.

You're missing the point. The reason people go to college is to earn a degree, not because they are somehow stuck on the false notion that classroom learning is the only way to become educated.

College is about money for most people, but I agree that many subjects can be learned quite easily on one's own if you're willing to put forth the effort. I know that you speak like ten languages, I can fluently read Spanish from 100% self-study, and am also in calculus despite never taking a math class that went above basic algebra. However, you and I are also quite a bit smarter than the average person, so I am hesitant to hold other people up to these standards.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I deliberately try to use Te when discussing economics, so this may not be a good example.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I deliberately try to use Te when discussing economics, so this may not be a good example.
    You can't use that function that way. Not where it's located anyway. Just like I can't use Fe in the same manner that Fe leading types or ego types, like Sarinana can, and I believe that you have observed that very clearly. So, your argument here is not good, if you're receptive to even learning anything from me, in terms of how socionics functions manifest.

But, I have a feeling you're not because you want to be deliberately stubborn towards me especially.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't read it. too long. too boring. too... economic.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can read it just fine my Fe ego block confident...lol. *hug*

Not a single word there that is "structure", "organize", "priotitize", "oderly" "system"
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-18-2010 at 10:28 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I can read it just fine my Fe ego block confident...lol. *hug*
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Please don't vote then.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please don't vote then.
    I didn't.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    ditto. I read the first sentence and I was just like, nope, can't do it.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IxFps should be barred from voting.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the following post by DJ, Te or Ti? Please offer explanations why or why not? Please dissect away.
    This was all , with some possibility for expansion to (for instance, if the topic was less dynamic and extroverted, economics, history, politics, philosophy)

The only truly statement in it was 'You're missing the point. The reason people go to college is to earn a degree, not because they are somehow stuck on the false notion that classroom learning is the only way to become educated.'

There is some -creating in the statement 'How many of these people will contribute to the inevitable economic recovery that will take place in the next five to ten years? You need to look at the big picture and determine if there is a net benefit to society in having these people educated despite the costs incurred.'

The only functions missing were the reasonable ones, which is typical for LSI...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    This was all , with some possibility for expansion to (for instance, if the topic was less dynamic and extroverted, economics, history, politics, philosophy)

The only truly statement in it was 'You're missing the point. The reason people go to college is to earn a degree, not because they are somehow stuck on the false notion that classroom learning is the only way to become educated.'

There is some -creating in the statement 'How many of these people will contribute to the inevitable economic recovery that will take place in the next five to ten years? You need to look at the big picture and determine if there is a net benefit to society in having these people educated despite the costs incurred.'

The only functions missing were the reasonable ones, which is typical for LSI...
    Lol you're stupid and don't understand economics.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol you're stupid and don't understand economics.
    To be fair, no one *really* understands economics.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post

No, that's all Te.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type this: "Sociology is nonsense"

It is an example of Fe/Ti gone way too far. It exists for the sole purpose of making Te seem evil and uncaring by appealing to emotional sentiments and trying to sound scientific by creating Ti systems of definitions.

It functions by pinpointing things in society that it deems "mean," and then demonizing said things by zooming way out and attacking it from a macro-level perspective. It gathers individuals into arbitrary groups, and then accuses the more powerful group of "exploiting" the less powerful group, despite the fact that there is no collusion within the powerful group to exploit anyone and that its power stems from its individuals making independent decisions on their own.

It is nothing more than the concerted effort of jealous, worthless little people trying to institutionally oppress anyone whom they do not like, as if the remedy for perceived, illusionary oppression were to create real government oppression.

It is the science of evil. Fe/Ti people should use their powers to enforce and defend the Te free market, not attack it from a social angle with their own lack of understanding.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Type this: "Sociology is nonsense"
    Is this directed at me?
    You obviously have not seen or observed the interaction between myself and my duals, here on the forum.

Type that!!!
    LOL
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this directed at me?
    You obviously have not seen or observed the interaction between myself and my duals, here on the forum.

Type that!!!
    LOL
    It's directed at everyone. No subtext.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe/Ti people should use their powers to enforce and defend the Te free market, not attack it from a social angle with their own lack of understanding.
    Sounds like you know what you value, so why do you type yourself Fe/Ti?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Sounds like you know what you value, so why do you type yourself Fe/Ti?
    Stop asking stupid questions.

TIM
    NotINotNNotFNotj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, the field of economics as an academic study is almost all .

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by norph View Post
    In my opinion, the field of economics as an academic study is almost all .
    economics is in actuality the -formulated study of people who use (collectively) way too much

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    In my opinon his post shows little real understanding.
    lol

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Would you like me to get you other examples Ananke of his Te?
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fucking said that I focus on Te when discussing economics. Both of you die in fires.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I fucking said that I focus on Te when discussing economics. Both of you die in fires.
    And you watch your language. You're being mean offensive and are not considering other people's emotions. Type that reaction!
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you watch your language. You're being mean offensive and are not considering other people's emotions.
    DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see below and tone your voice down when speaking with me or do you feel that I need to instruct you like you're a kid?
    Go rape a birdbath, ho.

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    DJ's staunch adherence to free market capitalism seems a fairly Ti outlook to me - ignores anything that doesn't fit the model or explains it away by, say "The problem right now is that the various Western governments are making the recovery take longer by fucking with the economic fundamentals of their respective economies. This is common sense."
    I don't ignore other perspectives. I actually spend a lot of time learning and understanding them.

I fail to see how this is "common sense" - seems to me it's probably common sense to Ti. Also, no explanation as to how governments are "fucking with the economic fundamentals" (in his own words).
    There's not an explanation because I already explained it to Rick in detail. Repeating simple information to someone over and over is frustrating. He knows what I was referring to.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Go rape a birdbath, ho.
    Only an immature jerk like you can say such a thing to me and you are one, surprise. But, you'll get it someday; may not be today, but it will come; it always does.

LSI have Fi role idiot, and they can pick up on the emotions as well as strive to be highly moral and ethical with their relations with others, where immature and child like LSE like you scratch their balls when they can't grow up and learn to recognize that what they are doing is actually being in a nurotic situation because the more they reject Fi the more out of control they become...
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only an immature jerk like you can say such a thing to me and you are one, surprise. But, you'll get it someday; may not be today, but it will come; it always does.

LSI have Fi role idiot, and they can pick up on the emotions as well as strive to be highly moral and ethical with their relations with others, where immature and child like LSE like you scratch their balls when they can't grow up and learn to recognize that what they are doing is actually being in a nurotic situation because the more they reject Fi the more out of control they become...
    Suck my dick.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You talk about how well objects perform, the maximum return, not how well the system works. You could easily have talked about the overall structure and see how everything is interconnected, that would be Ti, but you didn't touch upon that side of the economic system at all.
    This

You argue from that point of view everywhere and everytime. I don't have time to prove anything any more.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still here...
    Liar.

This
    I FUCKING SAID I FOCUS ON TE WHEN DISCUSSING ECONOMICS. WHY DON'T YOU TRY LISTENING TO SIMPLE FUCKING INFORMATION.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Liar.

I FUCKING SAID I FOCUS ON TE WHEN DISCUSSING ECONOMICS. WHY DON'T YOU TRY LISTENING TO SIMPLE FUCKING INFORMATION.
    see below and tone your voice down when speaking with me or do you feel that I need to instruct you like you're a kid?
    -

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This passage is Te>Ti, imo:

I would expect a Ti-ego to be less pragmatic when chosing a carreer, and I think he/she would normally find it petty to chose based on external factors (alone). I think an LSI would simply say - I am interested in this, so this is what I will do. Then I will find a way to make it work for me (with my Se creative), whereas DJ seems to say I will look at general trends and chose so that blahblahblahblahhhh... (Te). Beta Ti in particular would see more or less subjective "truths", and then try to change/"fix" reality into aligning with this.

I don't know the educational system in the US at all, so there is certainly a possibility it's just rationality making DJ argue as he does.

Other than that, I could see most of his post as him just repeating what he has read (Te imitating), rather than real Te in action. This depends on his level of insight. In my opinon his post shows little real understanding.
    My impression also was one of a book report quality, rather than real understanding as well. He comes across as someone who has read something said or reported in a certain way, liked it, and wants to "teach" it to others, rather than someone with an innate understanding or ability to put things his own way. Later in the thread, he says that he uses Te to communicate economics. That's not necessary to do. If you understand something, you shouldn't have to copy others to communicate it.

In my opinion, you can often (but not always) look for allegory, metaphor, or fictional examples showing a concept to find someone who has processed something via Ti or other internal elements, and facts, support, evidence, quotes, or references to particular schools of thought for Te or other external elements. BUT anyone in the fledgling stages of learning is likely to come across as more externally-based, and those who've understood it will internalize it and communicate more that way. So, as an applicable rule, it has little to no value.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not necessary to do. If you understand something, you shouldn't have to copy others to communicate it.
    Not true. If I'm talking to an ENFp, it's much more effective to focus on Te information or the discussion will go nowhere. The most efficient way for me to do that is to "channel" a Te dominant economist. Otherwise I have to translate everything and that takes more energy.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not true. If I'm talking to an ENFp, it's much more effective to focus on Te information or the discussion will go nowhere. The most efficient way for me to do that is to "channel" a Te dominant economist. Otherwise I have to translate everything and that takes more energy.
    If you always discuss economics through Te, which is what you said earlier, you're alienating the XEIs. Why put so much effort into making something accessible to a conflictor, when you could keep it accessible to those who prefer your natural way of handling information?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you always discuss economics through Te, which is what you said earlier, you're alienating the XEIs. Why put so much effort into making something accessible to a conflictor, when you could keep it accessible to those who prefer your natural way of handling information?
    Because a lot of people's misconceptions surrounding economics are caused by a lack of Te. The same way an LSI who totally ignores Ne will end up stepping into holes, an IEI who completely disregards Te will walk into walls.

You can't use Ti and Se to disprove Keynesian economics, for example, because it makes perfect sense as a closed Ti system. The only way to prove its invalidity is to bring in external Te information to show how the fundamental premises of Keynesian economics are false.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Squark-ISTj vrs DJ. interesting.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

DJ...this above, the hilighted section is a RULE that is made up by Ti, in processing what you Said.

It is something that I've been pointing out to you that you don't do. Because he writes IF you then X
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DJ...this above, the hilighted section is a RULE that is made up by Ti, in processing what you Said.

It is something that I've been pointing out to you that you don't do. Because he writes IF you then X
    Hush. You're barely coherent.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My impression also was one of a book report quality, rather than real understanding as well. He comes across as someone who has read something said or reported in a certain way, liked it, and wants to "teach" it to others, rather than someone with an innate understanding or ability to put things his own way. Later in the thread, he says that he uses Te to communicate economics. That's not necessary to do. If you understand something, you shouldn't have to copy others to communicate it.

In my opinion, you can often (but not always) look for allegory, metaphor, or fictional examples showing a concept to find someone who has processed something via Ti or other internal elements, and facts, support, evidence, quotes, or references to particular schools of thought for Te or other external elements. BUT anyone in the fledgling stages of learning is likely to come across as more externally-based, and those who've understood it will internalize it and communicate more that way. So, as an applicable rule, it has little to no value.
    Yes, I've been trying to tell him that, but apparently he can't understand the difference. I clearly said, that what he wrote here and has been writing about any external matter is with regards to Te and not Ti.
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast