Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    That's not necessary to do. If you understand something, you shouldn't have to copy others to communicate it.
    Not true. If I'm talking to an ENFp, it's much more effective to focus on Te information or the discussion will go nowhere. The most efficient way for me to do that is to "channel" a Te dominant economist. Otherwise I have to translate everything and that takes more energy.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you know what you value, so why do you type yourself Fe/Ti?
    Stop asking stupid questions.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Not true. If I'm talking to an ENFp, it's much more effective to focus on Te information or the discussion will go nowhere. The most efficient way for me to do that is to "channel" a Te dominant economist. Otherwise I have to translate everything and that takes more energy.
    If you always discuss economics through Te, which is what you said earlier, you're alienating the XEIs. Why put so much effort into making something accessible to a conflictor, when you could keep it accessible to those who prefer your natural way of handling information?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you always discuss economics through Te, which is what you said earlier, you're alienating the XEIs. Why put so much effort into making something accessible to a conflictor, when you could keep it accessible to those who prefer your natural way of handling information?
    Because a lot of people's misconceptions surrounding economics are caused by a lack of Te. The same way an LSI who totally ignores Ne will end up stepping into holes, an IEI who completely disregards Te will walk into walls.

You can't use Ti and Se to disprove Keynesian economics, for example, because it makes perfect sense as a closed Ti system. The only way to prove its invalidity is to bring in external Te information to show how the fundamental premises of Keynesian economics are false.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Squark-ISTj vrs DJ. interesting.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My impression also was one of a book report quality, rather than real understanding as well. He comes across as someone who has read something said or reported in a certain way, liked it, and wants to "teach" it to others, rather than someone with an innate understanding or ability to put things his own way. Later in the thread, he says that he uses Te to communicate economics. That's not necessary to do. If you understand something, you shouldn't have to copy others to communicate it.

In my opinion, you can often (but not always) look for allegory, metaphor, or fictional examples showing a concept to find someone who has processed something via Ti or other internal elements, and facts, support, evidence, quotes, or references to particular schools of thought for Te or other external elements. BUT anyone in the fledgling stages of learning is likely to come across as more externally-based, and those who've understood it will internalize it and communicate more that way. So, as an applicable rule, it has little to no value.
    Yes, I've been trying to tell him that, but apparently he can't understand the difference. I clearly said, that what he wrote here and has been writing about any external matter is with regards to Te and not Ti.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

DJ...this above, the hilighted section is a RULE that is made up by Ti, in processing what you Said.

It is something that I've been pointing out to you that you don't do. Because he writes IF you then X
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    DJ...this above, the hilighted section is a RULE that is made up by Ti, in processing what you Said.

It is something that I've been pointing out to you that you don't do. Because he writes IF you then X
    Hush. You're barely coherent.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Then try hard to understand.
    -

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123