Thread: EII-SLE Conflict Relations (INFj & ESTp)

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My father is SLE and my mother is EII and they are clear evidence that conflicting relationships are really bad. My father steers out of the house all the time working in basement and eating in restaurants and comes to home when my mother already sleeps. He wakes up before her and this way they don't see each other. When my dad comes home to the toilet and jokes about something this escalates in fully fledged war and none of them can stop it. Any single word from my mum can trigger my dad that he will start arguing and this also escalates into war. My mum has depression because of it and has diagnosed "exhaustion of defence mechanisms".

On the other hand, I have normal relationships with my mum and it is not conflicting at all and never was. There are worse and better asymmetrical relationships. ILE and EII have Ne so it the communication is normal and there is no tension.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@falsehope I wonder how your mother would interact and communicate with another ILE, who wasn't her child, and how both would feel in a co-dependent, long-term relationship. Often parents don't express their true opinions of their children, especially not to their children....

a.k.a. I/O