Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: changing roles in relations

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

test? LOL no. and what do you mean by professional?

tests are almost as much of a sham as internet typing
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    My mother does not inflict a moral set of values instead she places obligations.
    The obligations are a direct result of the morals.
    Not for ISFPs they make up obligations
    Your mother has borderline personality disorder, which has nothing to do with type.
    Not at all, BPD is an ESFP thing, she has codependency issues

You clearly know nothing about psychology. Every type can have BDP, even if I suspect that F are more subjected to it.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I hate being judged for my appearance. In all honesty, it's a self-worth issue. I feel threatened when others appreciate my outward appearance because to me it threatens my intellectual/mental worth and other abilities unrelated to my face or body. If my outward appearance is my most valuable trait, I'm really not worth much of anything.
    Nonsense. They are statistically independant variables. Therefore, you can be attractive and this doesn't directly correlate with intellectual worthlessness.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    How is "interesting" ?
    because it's all about possibilities. <3

I do my best to politely accept compliments about my appearance but secretly think less of the the person who gave me that compliment.
    Why is that?
    Because I hate being judged for my appearance. In all honesty, it's a self-worth issue. I feel threatened when others appreciate my outward appearance because to me it threatens my intellectual/mental worth and other abilities unrelated to my face or body. If my outward appearance is my most valuable trait, I'm really not worth much of anything.
    Do you mind if they say that someone else is more sexy than you?
    I wouldn't feel threatened by "the competition" but would still think less of you for judging people by their appearance.

Nonsense. They are statistically independant variables. Therefore, you can be attractive and this doesn't directly correlate with intellectual worthlessness.
    I *know* that. I *know* that my sentiments on the matter are illogical and irrational. That doesn't change the instant irritation I feel when someone mentions something about attractiveness.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

<3 my supervisor. took the words right outta muh mouth. Well...it wouldn't have been as well put as that but its what I wanted to say.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not about whether or not I can be attractive and smart... it's about what people appreciate in me.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

It's not about whether or not I can be attractive and smart... it's about what people appreciate in me.

Just cuz someone says you're pretty doesn't mean they don't think you are smart as well. People notice qualities at different times. You come in the room looking especially purdy, they will say, "You look pretty." You make a really good point in conversation, they will say, "You are smart!"

You get the idea...

Now try to get someone to say both at the same time! Look really pretty and flaunt your intelligence at the same time!

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can totally see your point, Joy.

Well, duh....but people approach you differently, depending on your attractiveness. And the way you look will change their perception of you.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Well, duh....but people approach you differently, depending on your attractiveness. And the way you look will change their perception of you.
    They still remain statistically independant variables, no matter what the supposed perception is.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    He said: "If you weren't beautiful I wouldn't be with you"
    So what the fuck?

I think you girls are nuts. Men tell you that you're beutiful, and you freak out.

Please look at the reality of things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just stumbled across it -

the blues brothers from the 1980 movie -

jake ISFp, elwood ENTp?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    He said: "If you weren't beautiful I wouldn't be with you"
    So what the fuck?

I think you girls are nuts. Men tell you that you're beutiful, and you freak out.

Please look at the reality of things.
    the reality of things? he didn't say, "You're so beautiful." He said, "You would be worthless if not for your beauty."
    SEE

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zem

Just cuz someone says you're pretty doesn't mean they don't think you are smart as well. People notice qualities at different times. You come in the room looking especially purdy, they will say, "You look pretty." You make a really good point in conversation, they will say, "You are smart!"

You get the idea...

Now try to get someone to say both at the same time! Look really pretty and flaunt your intelligence at the same time!
    hey Zem do you still think you might be ISFp? or are you totally sure you are INFp? hehe i was gonna post something similar but this thread is months old.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Quote Originally Posted by Zem

You get the idea...

hey Zem do you still think you might be ISFp? or are you totally sure you are INFp? hehe i was gonna post something similar but this thread is months old.

I think I'm in the middle. If yiou look at Gilligan's model thing, he put me on as close to the line between ISFp and INFp as he could without crossing over into ISFp. That seems to fit well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irrelevant. The purpose of that post was to demonstrate how the attitudes of an ISFp differ from that of an ISFj.
    I would say that ISFJ are much more keen on individual freedom (of a kind)
    um.. no. it seems to me that youve completely got it made up in your mind that ISFP is this and ISFJ is this, but youve got it backwords. i read the paragraph you wrote about your mom, and it sounds NOTHING like me. (im an ISFP). ISFJs are the ones that care more about laws and morals and obligations. ISFPs are more free-spirited and care about individual freedoms and stuff like that.
    ISFp; SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay this is the bottom line. Your mom is very unhealthy. You don't want to admit it because you love her and you would rather blame her problems on a "type", something that's not er fault. The problem is not her type, regardless of what that type is. The problem is her low sense of self-worth. She is controlling and emotionally manipulative and codependent because she fears that if she is not, the people who are important to her won't love her and will leave. THAT is why she needs to be needed.

When ISFps have a low sense of self-worth, they are more likely to hurt themselves than they are to hurt others, IMO. I know an ISFp who cuts herself, tries to kill herself, gets in and stays in relationships with controlling/abusive men (I think she likes comforting emotionally needy men, and it backfires on her because she chooses the WRONG guys), and almost never stands up for herself. She's also and substance abuse issues and issues with food. So pretty much... she doesn't attack others... she attacks herself.

On the praise and pleasure thing, many types of praise make me uncomfortable. If it's someone I know and feel very comfortable with, I like most compliments, but don't feel that they are necessary most of the time (except my partner... but it's not exactly a compliment, it's more like expressing appreciation). If someone who I don't feel totally comfortable with wants to compliment me, I am flattered if it is one of the following things:

-interesting
    -clever and
    -smart
    -intelligent
    -knowledgable
    -amusing
    -fun
    -funny
    -easy to talk to

I do my best to politely accept compliments about my appearance but secretly think less of the the person who gave me that compliment.

I <3 pleasure. Sex, drugs, alcohol, great food, relaxation, massages, etc.
    Joy remeber my pms ok? I think that you might be the one making the mistake here :wink:
    i agree with everything you said
    ISFp; SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well yeah, of course. when you think about it logically.. i think everyone can figure that one out. but its about how the compliment makes you feel. like, sometimes my boyfriend will say things like "youre cute, come hang out with me". and theres nothing with hearing that, i would just rather get a compliment telling me that im fun or clever or something
    ISFp; SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true :]
    ISFp; SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    They still remain statistically independant variables, no matter what the supposed perception is.
    but perceptions is everything. i have have ONE brain, one mind in which i take things in, and think about things. so they way i perceive things is the ONLY way i see them.
    ISFp; SEI

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123