Thread: In which ways is Duality better than Activity?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow these were all really good posts, thanks, it really did help.

In my personal case I and the other person in question are negativist introverts and I could definitely sense the lack of a spark and possible trouble in the future, plus the fact that I gradually feel worn down by them after awhile and need my own space.

On the other hand we do get along really well and have tons in common, so I've concluded that for now there's nothing wrong with an activity relationship if there are no duals around. BUT, if I ever meet a dual that looks promising I am so jumping on that bandwagon!

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jragonfly View Post
    On the other hand we do get along really well and have tons in common, so I've concluded that for now there's nothing wrong with an activity relationship if there are no duals around. BUT, if I ever meet a dual that looks promising I am so jumping on that bandwagon!
    caution! there is the possibility your activity can meet their dual too. Maybe that explains the divorce rate, then again isn't the marriage rate high as well. Remarring is fairly common. If two people wed that is an increase in the rate of marriage. If they divorce that is an increase in the divorce rate. If they remarry is that an increase in marriage (or rate or remarriage). So if two people marry, divorce and remarry that is 2 marriages and 1 divorce.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very good. you must have gotten an A in math. lol

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    very good. you must have gotten an A in math. lol
    Thanks for not taking me seriously on this one as that was the online equivalent of thinking out loud.

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

14 years of bliss and 2 kids later, my HOT ISFj wife and I are still together. Never a dull moment, lots of fun. Laughing at some of the predictions of doom from an activity relationship. Such as: "ISF types don't seem to be tailored for INT types - often these relationships might even last a lifetime, however the lack of spark / understanding is obvious.". REALLY. I beg to differ on that one.

There is some truth to the socionics.com description about different life rythms (p vs j), but it also makes it sound like a death knell when that's hardly the case.

Got questions, ask.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I didn't realize how much people used the intertype relations to rule their romances.

[/sarcasm]

Not that I have much experience. I just didn't realize how much people used it.